Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlotte NC.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 26, 2005 15:50

Are any of you going to see the Stones in Charlotte or at Scott Stadium in Va.?

Re: Charlotte NC.
Date: May 26, 2005 15:56

I'm going to the Charlotte show. Brand new Arena, not finished as of now...I drive past it every day, listening to some Stones, thinking 'they're gonna be in there'...
hear it for a thousand miles
DR

Date: May 26, 2005 16:02

I can't wait. I saw them in Charlotte at Erickson Stadium,that was awsome. Even though I live in Va. I thought the New Arena show would be better cause it's smaller. What are some good places to go to after the show in Charlotte. Thanks,

Date: May 26, 2005 16:15

I know this is a dumb question but, what is the difference gonna be between the stadium shows and arena shows on this tour?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: May 26, 2005 16:17

Different stage.
And hopefully a very different setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 16:19 by erikjjf.

Date: May 26, 2005 16:22

not at all...acoustically probably better sound in Arena shows, way less audience, not as far away if you have upper level seats...as for where to go after the show, the Double Door Inn, a great music bar, blues/RnB, great vibe, been there 30 years, its a classic juke joint. Also a great small pub called the Comet Grill, also a music bar, very friendly, hip place.
Enjoy!
DR

Date: May 26, 2005 16:24

Ya, I was thinking it would be a different setlist. I have a chance to get tickets to Charlottsville too, but it's hard to come up with a few hundred bucks for tickets when you still have kids at home to raise. I know it's always worth the $$$,just whining I guess. Thanks for the info DR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 16:25 by ceiling wax.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 26, 2005 16:46

There is a great restaurant in an old house not far from the Double Door Inn named the Cajun Queen...two nights after seeing the Stones in Charlotte in 99 I went to both places and people at both were still talking about the show!

Date: May 26, 2005 17:19

The Cajun Queen place sounds cool also. Could you tell me what street I would find these places on? We're staying at the Courtyard Mariot on Tryon st. I think? Is that as close enough to the New Arena to walk to the show? Thank for all the input everybody. I'm just so excited. Sure do wish October would get here. It always feels like the first time when they go on tour.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 26, 2005 18:51

The problem with the arena shows during LICKS is you miss Gimme Shelter. I just need that one every time!

Bjornulf

Date: May 26, 2005 19:02

WoW! Now that I think about it they didn't play GS last time I saw them and that was at MCI in D.C.. Do you know why they don't play GS at the arena shows? That is one of my favorites live!! CW

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: May 26, 2005 19:08

Arena show sound was worse than stadium at the shows I attended on the Licks tour. don't know why. there were times at the arena shows you could swear the guitars weren't even plugged in - totally inaudible.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2005 19:28

The arena show at the Hive in 1999 was the best Stones show I've seen (7 times). Hope the arena is as nice as promised and sounds good.

Date: May 26, 2005 20:35

CW: Comet Grill: 2224 Park RD.
Double Door Inn: 218 E. Independence Blvd.
Cajun Queen: 1800 E. 7th St.
also a great restaurant near the Courtyard Marriott is Mert's Heart and Soul,
not pricey...a good kinda pricey one is Blue, also very near there...
and you definitely can walk to the arena from there, its only a few blocks north.
Cab it to the Comet, DD or CQ, though!
DR Blue : corner of College St. and 5th St.
Mert's : 214 N. College St.

Date: May 26, 2005 20:43

Thank you very much DR.

Posted by: martingo ()
Date: May 26, 2005 20:56

I agree That 99 show at the hive was fantastic.

Charlotte definitely loves the stones.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 26, 2005 23:23

Yeah, "Some Girls" was too cool! Also, the B-Stage set of "Just My Imagination", "Route 66" and "Midnight Rambler".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 23:24 by Elmo Lewis.

Date: May 27, 2005 06:33

I'll be at both shows - Charlotte and UVA. Have similiar seats left side just about half way back at both. Been to all the indoor shows in Charlotte. I live in Va also only 2hours from UVA so I had to buy tickets for that even though I swore I would not go to another stadium show after freezing my ass off at Vanberbilt in '97.

Posted by: inopeng ()
Date: May 27, 2005 07:50

Yes, the Charlotte show in March of 99 was one of the best of 29 I've seen through the years. Great crowd, Keith did an amazing jump up and spin-around at one point, and Paint It, Black sizzled!

If you're in Charlotte on a Monday night, the Double Door Inn has a great jam with the Charlotte All-Stars.

(The Mint Museum of Art is good, too)

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 28, 2005 01:04

I didn't know they skipped "Gimme Shelter" EVER! I saw quite a few arena shows and stadium shows on Licks and it was always a part of the set list. Where did they skip it? More to the point, WHY WOULD THEY SKIP IT?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1855
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home