Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: OT: Noel Gallagher quits Oasis
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 29, 2009 20:05

Please guys, don't make up and reform, whatever you do.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: August 29, 2009 21:25

I love this board. Any mention of another successful band (beatles, U2, Coldplay...) and out come the knives!

"Talking about prefessionalism." I seem to remember the Glimmers nearly breaking up?

Music doesn't have to have been produced over 40 years ago to be great.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 29, 2009 21:37

No Noel – no Oasis

He’ll be back smileys with beer

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 21:52

beatles, coldplay, u2, oasis, all great bands!

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: August 29, 2009 21:54

Liam and Noel Gallagher
Chris and Rich Robinson
Neil and Tim Finn of Split Enz and Crowded House
Tom and John Fogarty
Volatile and talented brother rock combos. The Gallaghers being maybe the least important.

The only volatile brother relationship I have ever really wanted to see straightened out in rock has been Ray and Dave Davies. The Kinks need to be making music and touring. Ray's songwriting is as strong and insightful as ever.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: August 29, 2009 23:57

loveyoulive75
I actually laughed and cheered when I heard this news about Oasis...I never did like them; if I want to listen to the Beatles, I'll listen to the Beatles, thanks- not some snotnosed bratassed imitation!
I've, as a Beatles-fan, never understood that connection musically. Oasis was just a big wall of sound (overdrive guitars) and you can't say that about the Beatles. Lyrics wasn't Oasis strong side either. To me Oasis was more of a modern version of the Who or the Kinks. But I guess that they made people draw connections because they always went on and on about the Beatles.

Anyway, they should have split up 10 years ago and not now. They haven't made a good album since Morning Glory and the story about the fighting brothers felt really old. I always found it fascinating when NME had them on the front page.

Date: August 30, 2009 00:23

Look for a 'reunion' tour & album after they kiss & make up. @#$%&, all of them. Cry babies in public. Finger pointing. The only thing these monkeys are good for now is politics...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: August 30, 2009 00:32

tonterapi

They haven't made a good album since Morning Glory and the story about the fighting brothers felt really old. I always found it fascinating when NME had them on the front page.

And I'd bet any money that Morning Glory was the last Oasis album you actually listened to.

Posted by: glencar ()
Date: August 30, 2009 00:37

I bought the one after (Be Here Now) & it was their Led Zep album. It was a'ight, dawg.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: August 30, 2009 00:45

I'd agree with you there, glencar.

That third album was an absolute turkey!

Posted by: wee bobby lennox ()
Date: August 30, 2009 00:54

LOGIE.

im not a fan of take that.

dont think you read my post properly, you seem to be under the wrong impression.

Date: August 30, 2009 01:15

"I bought the one after (Be Here Now) & it was their Led Zep album. It was a'ight, dawg."

Released in 1997! Kept up wit the latest stuff then....

Try the last two, superb!

Date: August 30, 2009 01:17

ablett
"I bought the one after (Be Here Now) & it was their Led Zep album. It was a'ight, dawg."

Released in 1997! Kept up wit the latest stuff then....

Try the last two, superb!
Just because I didn't buy the latter material doesn't mean I wasn't aware of it. I have way too many CDs & I became more selective over time. And noting your posting style, you be the last effing person I'd take musical opinion from.

Date: August 30, 2009 01:38

LOGIE
And I'd bet any money that Morning Glory was the last Oasis album you actually listened to.
Well, hand over the money then. winking smiley

I never said that Oasis haven't made anything good since Morning Glory. There have been some singles along the way that I've liked. But the albums never stood up to those singles IMO. It's not that I hate Oasis or anything. I just find them boring. Taste can differ you know and it's ok.

Date: August 30, 2009 02:06

"And noting your posting style, you be the last effing person I'd take musical opinion from."

Ah, bless. How can you criticise if your being 'selective' and not buying the albums?

Date: August 30, 2009 02:13

Does this joint have an "ignore" function?

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: August 30, 2009 05:05

glencar
Does this joint have an "ignore" function?

It does! just delete the iorr.org bookmark in yer browser....uh hum^^

on the other hand - you 2 are great contributing members. just get over it and agree to disagree.
now smileys with beer

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: August 30, 2009 05:58

ablett and glencar are secretly Noel and Liam Gallagher

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: August 30, 2009 06:18

Bummer

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 30, 2009 06:19

Hey ablett, what's the matter? You choose to pick what I said and no one else? I just stated a truth, that they're terrible and the music world is better off without them. Why do you have a problem with that? Just so you know, I have not bought one of their albums because they suck. I've heard them, seen videos - they suck. On top of that they are probably the rudest morons around. The days of classless rock stars being arrogant and rude are done. Oasis is/was classless. They are just as classless as John Lennon was - and they did a fantastic job of imitating that - they're only talent at that. The Stones were classless - with class.

You can have them though. Go play their spineless albums and enjoy it.

Posted by: deuce ()
Date: August 30, 2009 08:12

skipstone
Hey ablett, what's the matter? You choose to pick what I said and no one else? I just stated a truth, that they're terrible and the music world is better off without them. Why do you have a problem with that? Just so you know, I have not bought one of their albums because they suck. I've heard them, seen videos - they suck. On top of that they are probably the rudest morons around. The days of classless rock stars being arrogant and rude are done. Oasis is/was classless. They are just as classless as John Lennon was - and they did a fantastic job of imitating that - they're only talent at that. The Stones were classless - with class.

Wrong.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 30, 2009 11:19

You're wrong.

Funny how that works.

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: August 30, 2009 11:42

skipstone

I know who's classless here......

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: August 30, 2009 12:09

a brilliant rock and roll band.
As a live act - hard to beat.
They will be sorely missed.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 30, 2009 12:44

Good to have had them around because as Ablett says they are a guitar band and we need more of those. But really, they will never be a GREAT rock'n'roll band because they are far too derivative. And they weren't half as inventive as Blur either. It's rock n roll by numbers.The first two albums were good and apart from the odd single they went downhill very quickly. Good luck to Noel though.

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: August 30, 2009 13:38

I saw Oasis once in 1996 and they totally rocked. First two albums are really great.

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: August 30, 2009 14:46

skipstone

Hang on a second, why is it a so-called "truth" that Oasis are "terrible and that the music world is better off without them"? Do you know what truth really is, or is your version of it based upon a band’s popularity on a Rolling Stones message board?

Next you'll be telling us that it is another so-called "fact" that the millions who have bought their latest album or attended their summer gigs in the UK this year are idiots whose taste or opinion doesn't matter.

Get this straight Skipstone; the narrow, naive, bigoted, one-dimensional, child-like dross that you offer as informed opinion is NOT fact.

It's the puerile rantings of a cosseted, play-safe tosser who would shit himself if Oasis (or anyone of their ilk) moved in next door to him.

Stay safe in your own crowd, Skipstone.

...it's a big world out there.

Date: August 30, 2009 14:53

skipstone
The days of classless rock stars being arrogant and rude are done. Oasis is/was classless. They are just as classless as John Lennon was - and they did a fantastic job of imitating that - they're only talent at that. The Stones were classless - with class.
What? Who's going to decide what's classless and what's not? John Lennon and Noel Gallagher aren't classless IMO. Cocky bastards maybe - but not classless.
At least they never forgot where they came from - something that Mick Jagger have a long time ago (and I think Keith would agree with me on that).

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: August 30, 2009 14:53

Its madness....they was there too!! I like Oasis....but Madness...is so much better...did you hear that they performed 2 times because of this''fight''...any one have the 2 set list from madness foo me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-30 14:55 by rooster.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 30, 2009 15:35

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1248
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home