Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: World Ice Hockey Championship
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 15, 2005 18:29

Anyone followed the Ice hockey WM in Vienna?
We had some really embarassing problems with the ice at the Vienna venue, but I saw some great games already!
And I'll see the WM final this evening - Czech Republic against Canada.
Who do you think will win? My guess is the Czech Republic, they'll have all the fans behind them and they are playing great! But I have to say that Canada played very convincing against Russia yesterday.
It should be a good game tonight!

Re: OT: World Ice Hockey Championship
Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: May 15, 2005 20:18

Ha Lorenz, I wondered whether you watch it. Never spoke about it so far, a bit overshadowed by the Stones press conference...:-) So definitely I'm going to watch it, what a suprise. It's the number one sport here, not just now. I love it. The biggest national celebration I remember was the victory of our hockey team at WOG in 1998, one of my best memories ever, not kidding.
And the problems with the ice - yes definitely the hall in Prague is better;-) But there we didn't manage to win last year... Wow, only one hour left, I'm getting excited. Our golden era began in Vienna 9 years ago, so we all cherish it here. Wish it would continue...:-)

Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: May 15, 2005 23:15

It's hard to believe anyone still watches hockey.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: May 16, 2005 07:04

I'm depressed that Canada lost, but Czech's played a great game. Obviously, with the NHL being on strike the game has a greater significance in Canada this year. I wish some of the Canadian players who declined (Lemieux, Sakic, Iginla, LeCavalier, Blake, Pronger, etc.) would have accepted the invite to play in the tourney. In North America (especially Canada), the tournament doesn't have a huge amount of significance because the Stanley Cup playoffs are usually on right now, which means that the only reason you're playing in the tourney is because your team is eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs.
Oh well, congrats again to the Czech's.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 16, 2005 19:28

I was very impressed of the Russian team - due their poor goalie and defence they did not have much changes - but jeez that great skillful offensive playing was unbelievable to watch! Old time hockey, back to risky business and creativity!

I am glad that Check won the final - a great team! Our team - Finland - did the the weakest performance for some 15 years (and it was a downhill after the great World Cup tournament).

And now back to the Stones..

-Doxa

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 16, 2005 22:43

Hi Martina! Congratulations to the Czech Republic - it was a great game, the Czech deserved the victory! :-)

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 16, 2005 23:02

Gee, what a tedious subject.
The rinks are too large in Europe which
kills the intensity and the players
are not permitted to get into fights.
Stanley Cup is the real McCoy.

Posted by: smilingsun ()
Date: May 17, 2005 00:45

Thanks to all!:-)
Yes, obviously with the Stanley Coup, DGA35. So if we take the only tournaments where all NHL players could take part, the last two Olympics and this championship, it should show who really is the best in this game... Czech Republic vs. Canada 2:1 so far:-)
Hey Manhattan, gee, what a stupid remark, sorry. The best players and teams must be able to win in any rink. Don't be angry that your team isn't:-) I doubt you have seen any of the matches, you know, they were intensive enough. See you next Olympics, and don't look for excuses as to the rink. European NHL players can play on both, maybe yours should learn it too:-)
Anyway, back to the Stones.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 17, 2005 12:17

Is Jagr the shortname for Jagger? smiling smiley

- Doxa

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home