Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

treachrous waters...be weary
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: May 14, 2005 06:35

I only bought one great ticket for myself because the Stones are the most important!

My girlfriend started asking questions about my time spent away from her...I was fighting my ass off to to make sure i would be in AAA to see the stones...

I diverted her by saying that we would see Neil Diamond together..which is the following Friday night ...

She is from Peru and has been taking English lessons ...and proclaiming her love to me... It was better when we didn't know what the hell we were talking about

My Stones friends hang tough ...just gettin the ticket is half of the deal...MAKE NO PROMISES just get in the arena and tell noone of your ticket of trhe stones concert..

C

Re: treachrous waters...be weary
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 14, 2005 06:44

Well Chris, your gonna look really funny being one of 400 people on stage. Explain that.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2005 08:42

Getting the ticket is a big part of the fun.
You scored a great ticket, and a Stones concert is priceless.
If your girlfriemd doesn't understand, than she need some lessons about the Rolling Stones rather than trying to learn English.

Just play her some classic Stones...she'll understand, and you'll be a happy man forever.

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 14, 2005 09:28

Hairball that was well spoken.
A Stones concert is really priceless! Nothing compares with that!

HJofSweden

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: May 14, 2005 09:30

And certainly a ood excuse for being away!
Me myself will bring my kids this time just to make sure
they get the message of the legacy.

HJofSweden

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:17

Hairball Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Getting the ticket is a big part of the fun.

WHAT? It's the most stessful irritating unequal and frustrating event of the year and filled with technical faults and seeing things go wrong while you can't do anything about it.

I find chaotic situations usually quite charming but calling this stuggle that is worth six nails of your coffin 'fun' is not really the way to discribe it.

Date: May 14, 2005 17:26

Ok...Let me explain...I was in Raleigh, when the Stones embarked on thier the Steel Wheels tour (my least favorite, although Mixed Emotions and Rock deserve their status) I took my girlfriend at that time with me ...she screwed up driving, made NON STONES silly comments. The point is ONLY take a women to a STONES concert who has spent the life with ...not no new found love that thinks they like the Stones

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: May 14, 2005 17:47

Chris Fountain Wrote:
The point is ONLY take
> a women to a STONES concert who has spent the life
> with ...not no new found love that thinks they
> like the Stones

Don't take the love of your life either. The courteousy is not worth the pay-off. She probably don't really like it and it'll make her invite you to her favorite band that you don't like. Fancy having to go to Celine DIon just because she had the politeness of going with you to the Stones on a €110 ticket that would have been better wasted on someone else?
I took my gf to the Ahoy Rotterdam show and because I had an Upper ring back corner seat where I was mostly surrounded by grumbly old folks and families (!) I was glad I took her, cause I had someone to talk to now and then (not that I hated the show or anything, we had a nice weekend, but if you're up front you better not waste your energy on your gf's drinks but on DANCING AND SINGING, without being ashamed of yourself).
This tour I won't take her and she'll thank me for it. I finally see not everyone likes it.

> she screwed up driving, made
> NON STONES silly comments.

LOL, typical. "What did they charge you for that saucage?" "Look what she's wearing" "It's not too warm here is it".

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 14, 2005 18:20

Limbostone Wrote:
>
> WHAT? It's the most stessful irritating unequal
> and frustrating event of the year and filled with
> technical faults and seeing things go wrong while
> you can't do anything about it.
>
> I find chaotic situations usually quite charming
> but calling this stuggle that is worth six nails
> of your coffin 'fun' is not really the way to
> discribe it.

I guess it depends on which seats you end up with, if you even get any.
I've had my frustrations with this before, but the experience's has taught me well.
As an artist myself, I can only describe the ticket buying sensation as being similar to the process of creating art.
You go through many ups and downs, like a rollercoaster. Very distressful at times. No pain, no gain.
Eventually you end up with a masterpiece and something to cherish forever.
In hindsight, all the trials and tribulations of dealing with tickets has been very FUN!
On with the show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-14 18:21 by Hairball.

Date: May 14, 2005 19:46

Hairball,

Very well spoken. ...I want everyone in this forum to get a good ticket! My girlfriend is working until 12 tonight..She is breaking her back over hell just to be in America...I will pick her up tonight just around midnight...and give her a flower..At first I did not trust her...I thought Peruvians and her like were just scavangers...but this gal really likes me! I have no clue...I'm thinking about surprising her with a flower..i'm not sure what kind to present her...I will google "flowers' and use assisstance in determining what kind of flowerto give her ...She is now kissing me over the phone!! All I know is that I couldn't buy a date two weeks ago and now ...The Stones come thru again!! she has indiscrimately offerd me a "drink from the loving cup" what a beautiful buzz!!

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: May 14, 2005 19:58

You sure know how to treat women. How romantic to buy flowers to your sweetie pie.
Buy 'em at 7-11 though, 'cause them tickets to the boys are bloody expensive.

Date: May 14, 2005 20:02

Good man. Hold on to that ticket!

Date: May 14, 2005 20:15

She called me...My point is this ...S. American women are beautiful!!!! and they are not bitchy and materialistic like American (the world owes me a living) women! I mean not to be stereotyping but the those gals from Branquilla Columbia are simply awesome and damn nice...they will sit by you in a diner on your side of the table ...i like that

Date: May 14, 2005 20:19

You go there to visit and I'll bet it will be very laid back. Not intense at all. I had a conversation about this from folks in Canada.

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: May 14, 2005 22:54

LOL, Manhattan!!!!

Chris F., don't go saying shit like that; there's plenty of those that are looking for a better life...any man here to them is rich. I know, my brother's involved with one, he's a sucker for Asian types. She can barely speak english either. This one is already dreaming of her future house with pillars in front of it!! There's plenty of north american women who are laid back and not materialistic.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Date: May 14, 2005 23:00

Chris, just keep that ticket.

Date: May 14, 2005 23:53

Hell she is human!! I think...and ...don't we all pay for it all? If she is looking for a better life ..well I'd rather pay her indirectly than paying Ticketmaster a surcharge

Date: May 14, 2005 23:57

Dude, you are in there. You have a great woman and a ticket. Only thing is they are not together.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-15 00:02 by shattered.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1669
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home