Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

How about Hartford 8/26 any questions about this site
Posted by: Pedro99 ()
Date: May 12, 2005 03:05

I live about three minutes from site and have been to many Uconn games and the only other concerts (two springsteen shows) held there.Anyone have questions about this site?

WWW.rentschlerfield.com

FAN CLUB PRESALE TUESDAY MAY 17th 10:00am

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-14 03:32 by Pedro99.

Re: How about Hartford 8/26 any questions about this site
Posted by: bv ()
Date: May 12, 2005 12:49

Is it in the city center like the arena they played in during the recent tours, or is it outside? Can you walk there from downtown? I have seen them on two tours in Hartford and both times they have been great.

Bjornulf

Date: May 12, 2005 13:41

It is outside the city actually in East Hartford Connecticut. You can not walk there from downtown Hartford. It is a short ride though 5-10min. It is located right off I-84. If anyone is looking to stay the night there are Hotels right in East Hartford and one in Glastonbury which is only about a 5-10 minute ride down main street into main street East Hartford were you can access the stadium.

It is a beatiful stadium stadium with an intimate atmosphere. There really are now bad seats in the stadium.

Posted by: gibb76 ()
Date: May 12, 2005 13:52

This is somewhat small stadium. 40,000 people for football games. Great pleaces to tailgate on the runway or grass field. Getting there durring rush hour traffic will be a nightmare because the parking lot is shared with Pratt & Whitney so you have to get there early to tailgate. It took friends of mine 2 hours durring rush hour traffic to cross over from downtown to the stadium for the UConn vs. W. Verginia game. Around 3pm will not be a problem. Just plan ahead.

Great venue.

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: May 12, 2005 15:11

It sounds like a flamin nightmare! I hated the Foxboro Gillette Stadium gig for that reason! Actually the show was awesome( Sept 7 2002) LITERALLY MOUNTAINS OF BEER AND LIQUOR BOTTLES AFTER THE SHOW. I may skip this one even though it's close to Boston because of the location . Thanks alotfor the info!

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:21

Wonder if the sound will be good there. I live about an hour from there and will probably go. Would rather see them at the Hartford Civic Center, that is such a small arena and they were so good during the Licks tour there.

Date: May 12, 2005 16:37

Should be a good show. Hartford shows are real special b/c of the "home town" for Keith. This new place is good you just have to plan ahead. Rentchler Field and Hartford Civic Center are both run by MSG so they chose the larger venue in CT. I too wish it was at the Civic Center.

Date: May 13, 2005 00:12

True Hartford Downtown traffic could be miserable but if your coming from Boston you don't have to go through downtown hartford. Actually if you are coming from Boston I-84 west I would get off even before the East Hartford Exit probably manchester and drive back roads - no traffic at all. I have been to all major football games and both Springsteen shows during rush hour and had no problem at the Willow Street entrance - The silver lane entrance is usually crowded.

Date: May 13, 2005 00:54

Pedro99,
Very true. Great point. I am comming from the north on I91 south and know all the back roads. My point is just plan to get their early. Great stadium and should be a grat show.

Date: May 13, 2005 01:45

Well, I may have to reconsider! I will be traveling from the Berkshires in Western Mass. and it's really about a two hour drive; I just want to avoid the traffic so I may consider checking into a hotel real close by the day before and scope off the area. Does anyone know if there's a Holiday Inn in East Hartford?

Date: May 13, 2005 02:31

I would go to the show. The traffic is no worse than Foxboro. Just plan ahead.

Date: May 13, 2005 13:35

Yes there is a Holliday INN on Roberts street not far from the stadium - I would guess about 1 mile. Check out WWW.HolidaysInn.com and search for East Hartford.

363 ROBERTS ST
EAST HARTFORD, CT 06108
UNITED STATES
1-860-5289611
Add Hotel To Favorites

Downtown: HARTFORD 2 MI/ 3.22 KM

Indoor Pool
Pets Allowed
High-speed Internet Access
On-site Guest Self-Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
Kids Eat Free
Dedicated Lounge (or 24 Hour Lounge)
Iron / Ironing Board
Coffee Maker
Health/Fitness Center On-Site

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-13 13:37 by Pedro99.

Date: May 13, 2005 14:29

Thanks alot Pedro! That was really nice to check that out for me! I'll call them today!

Date: May 13, 2005 14:41

You might be able to walk to the stadium from the hotel. Margarita bar is a great spot on Roberts street for happy hour.

Posted by: mickjagger1009 ()
Date: May 13, 2005 19:07

What is the tailgate area like? Is it just an open parking lot with no shade. Or is there any trees and shaded areas for tailgating? It is in August.

"You'll be studying history and you'll be down the gym. And I'll be down the pub, probably playing pool and drinking."

Date: May 14, 2005 01:21

There are different tailagte areas some right on regular asphalt, some on large grass fields and some on old Pratt & Whitney runway. I think there are trees in some areas. I don't think it will be that big of a problem on 8/26. If you go to www.rentschlerfield.com - click on tailgating guidelines and there are some pictures of tailgating - Don't worry about the tailgating rules - most are never enforced. There are definitely no charol grills allowed - need to be gas. I have always tailgated after events as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home