Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith (yes, again)
Posted by: russr ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:40

I thought they sounded great at the PC (especially the way the sound guys cranked the guitars for intros, solos and outros).....and it was wonderful to hear three songs that were led by Keith and not a metronome.

BUT...

Keith still screwed up a lot.

And while it's easy to say this was a "pre-season" game, the fact is he screwed up exactly the same way he did in every show I saw and heard on the last tour when they were in mid-season form.

I'm not sure when people's love of Keith's sloppy playing started, but I am not a fan.

He used to be so crackerjack -- tons of feel and swing, and yet still solid as a rock. A ROCK. Listen to boots from the 70's (before and after MT).

That's not the case now. And as a major (MAJOR) fan...it really only makes me sad because it's probably out of his (or the band's) control at this point.

That's not to say the song doesn't come along where he rocks as hard as ever (Midnight Ramber at MSG on Jan 16th 2003 comes to mind), but still.....

I wonder what it will be like on this tour.........

Re: Keith (yes, again)
Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:49

Does anyone have the full version of the three songs played at the PC?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:52

Available at rockpassion.com

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: May 12, 2005 16:56

The audience recordings are superb....

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 12, 2005 22:31

The band was very sloppy in 1981 in Orlando and I loved them anyway, much moreso that way than perfection.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1927
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home