Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Live Licks
Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: May 6, 2005 19:32

Today I bought Live Licks for my little brother and I have to say that it's not as bad as expected.
CYHMK, WAY, YDHTMI, TNOY and SFM are really good.
Worth to buy, I think.
The only thing I worry about is the price (20 euros for 2 cds, I bought it together with Devils and Dust (12 euros for 1cd/ 1 dvd).

Re: Live Licks
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: May 6, 2005 20:26

Side 2 TKO

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: May 6, 2005 20:38

I donĀ“t think U2 will be able to release such a powerful live album in 15 years...

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 6, 2005 20:38

If there was a way to turn off Micks vocals on Worried About You, I'd say it's a very nice version. But as it stands, the squeaking falsetto of a 60 year old white man trying to sound like Al Green doesn't sit very well with me.

Other than that, the rest is below average at best...it's difficult to even call it a nice souvenir from the tour. It has been butchered and edited to the point that it reflects hardly anything from the tour. Listen to all the boots, and you'll probably agree.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: May 6, 2005 20:39

Rocks Off has the WORST edit I have ever heard...just terrible.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: May 6, 2005 21:03

I think the version of Monkey Man is great. Also for the most part disc two is good, with the exception of Rocks Off, which even without the bad edit sounds bad live. Lovin Cup should have been put in its place.

Would have also been better with the MSG Midnight Rambler rather than YCAGWYW.

Wish they included songs like...

Heart of Stone
Thru and Thru
She Smiled Sweetly

...instead of live versions of the same songs like Start Me Up and so on.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: May 6, 2005 21:13

Live Licks could have been much better - but I don't (only) blame The Stones.
I read an interview and Mick said that he/they wanted to release only rare songs, but Virgin wanted the warhorses. Mick said that he would have never released an album like Live Licks (in - but the record company wanted it. I think that explains why we got a rather weak album (songs from same venues as Four Flicks, song choice..)

Still, there are some good songs on it. I have to confess that I hardly listen to it, though.

Date: May 7, 2005 00:52

No Security now seems to be a darn good CD compared to Live Licks. Better production and certainly better musicianship. I bet there will be a new live CD out in 2007 commemorating the 2005-06 Tour.

Posted by: Smalltowns ()
Date: May 7, 2005 11:46

for sure

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1479
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home