Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT:pete townsend writing new musical
Posted by: JJHMick ()
Date: August 28, 2009 00:11

What I like and what I hate about Pete is that he found a way outside his band. This is what Mick and Keith missed when they had the opportunity.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 28, 2009 00:22

What´s the problem? Pete is writin´new music! That´s great!

Date: August 28, 2009 13:13

tatters
keefriffhard4life
it does not say the who album will be called floss

It says the MUSICAL will be called Floss. Maybe the album will be called Walter.

yes but read your post. you clearly say who will be the who's floss? meaning you thought the new album would be called floss

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-28 13:14 by keefriffhard4life.

Date: August 28, 2009 13:14

ablett
Well Endless Wire walked all over ABB. Even the tour meant they played many new songs.

exactly

Posted by: Barn Owl ()
Date: August 28, 2009 14:26

Great to hear that Pete's creativity hasn't dried up and that he remains creative enough to continue pushing the boundaries, irrespective of what the mainstream brigade feel.

Thank God too, that Endless Wire wasn't yer typical formulaic rock-by-numbers album that many were hoping for. It's different; very different, and for that alone we should all be thankful.

Definetly not one for the ipod brigade with their concentration spans of 10 seconds.

...I love Endless Wire.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 28, 2009 16:25

keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life

It says the MUSICAL will be called Floss. Maybe the album will be called Walter.

yes but read your post. you clearly say who will be the who's floss? meaning you thought the new album would be called floss

Well, I DO think the album will be called FLOSS. There's an album called TOMMY, a movie called TOMMY, and a broadway musical called TOMMY. Why would Pete call his new musical FLOSS and not also call the album FLOSS?

Date: August 28, 2009 16:34

Barn Owl
Great to hear that Pete's creativity hasn't dried up and that he remains creative enough to continue pushing the boundaries, irrespective of what the mainstream brigade feel.

Thank God too, that Endless Wire wasn't yer typical formulaic rock-by-numbers album that many were hoping for. It's different; very different, and for that alone we should all be thankful.

Definetly not one for the ipod brigade with their concentration spans of 10 seconds.

...I love Endless Wire.

As recently as the 1990s, when John was still alive, I thought the Who might have one last great album left in the tank, and was told by some very hardcore and very well-known Who fans to abandon such ridiculous notions because, even then, it was far too late, and that any new recording would "never be the same", but Endless Wire isn't that album. Who knows, maybe FLOSS will be that one last great record. It's good that we have a songwriter like Pete who's willing to TRY to write some (hopefully) kick-ass songs about what it's like to be 65 years old. I wish Mick could do that, instead of giving us songs about what it's like to be a 65-year-old teenager. You've got to write about what you know, and what Pete knows about right now is being an old cuss.

At least FLOSS isn't going to be another opera about another (one can only hope) imaginary "kid".

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-28 16:46 by tatters.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: August 28, 2009 17:01

tatters
Barn Owl

...I love Endless Wire.

As recently as the 1990s, when John was still alive, I thought the Who might have one last great album left in the tank, and was told by some very hardcore and very well-known Who fans to abandon such ridiculous notions because, even then, it was far too late, and that any new recording would "never be the same", but Endless Wire isn't that album.

Endless Wire is basically the sound of a legendary group trying hard to replicate various elements of their career. It wasn't a bad attempt but it didn't sound authentic and breath-taking which is what The Who's albums always did do until Quadrophenia.
Anyone who saw The Who on their mini 2001 tour of the UK would agree that the band got a second wind. I saw them at Portsmouth, Watford and the Royal Albert Hall and boy were they on fire. The Watford gig was so edgy that there was even crowd trouble when some old Mods rushed the stage and briefly you could feel the old fire. The version of Young Man Blues was almost, almost as good as that on Live At Leeds.
Perhaps they should have gone back into the studio after these shows, with John in tow and primed by live action. But it didn't happen and as good as they've been live since then, their shows have become predictable and like the Stones recent gigs, full of war horses verging on rock cabaret.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: August 28, 2009 17:31

tatters
keefriffhard4life
tatters
keefriffhard4life

Well, I DO think the album will be called FLOSS. There's an album called TOMMY, a movie called TOMMY, and a broadway musical called TOMMY. Why would Pete call his new musical FLOSS and not also call the album FLOSS?

"Several of the more conventional songs from Floss will be featured on a forthcoming Who recording for release in 2010.”

The musical will be seperate from a new Who album.

Date: August 29, 2009 02:03

Why are you guys insisting that the new Who album will NOT be called Floss? Clearly, Pete thinks it's a good title, or he wouldn't be saying things like "My sole focus is on Floss". Maybe it's his pet name for that girlfriend of his.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-29 02:50 by tatters.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home