Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Blind Melon
Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 24, 2005 16:19

Not sure if there are any Blind Melon fans here but I was listening to them recently and what a great band they were. Its too bad the lead singer Shannon Hoon died so young, 23 I think. They were heavily influenced by classic rock and had that dual lead guitar thing going on. A similiar band as the Black Crows and they sort of came out when that new wave of hippie bands were coming on to the scene (Phish, Black Crows, and others). Blind Melon recently put out a great DVD that is worth checking out if you are a fan.

Re: OT: Blind Melon
Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: March 24, 2005 16:43

Hello Hound Dog....I saw Blind Melon open for the Stones in Columbia South Carolina on the Voodoo Lounge tour. I had front row seats for this show. Blind Melon had quite a few fans show up just to see them. They did a heck of a job and we really liked them. Hoon opened the show by saying he knew no one was there to hear them....I remember liking his attitude.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 24, 2005 23:25

Hi Shawn. Hoon was crazy at times, in a Jim Morrison sort of way. One famous incident is him coming out on stage during Woodstock 94 dressed like a girl, similar outfit like Mick wore at Hyde Park. Hoon was on 5 hits of acid and started throwing the drums and bongos into the crowd while barely able to sing. I am sure the drummer was not too happy.

Posted by: MisterD ()
Date: March 25, 2005 00:07

From my experience, Drummers are never happy.
They want to play guitar and sing. If not, they end up dead.
Charlie Watts is the only exception to this rule that I know.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home