Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Found in a second hand shop.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 23, 2005 17:20

A bit OT, but it is Stones related a bit.

Today I sold a lot of videos and bought CDs for the money in the same second hand shop. I got Aerosmith's Pump, The Red Devils' King King, The Black Crowes' Three Snakes And One Charm and last but not least I got a CD with Chris Jagger's Atcha (From 1994) with Chris' autograph on it. grinning smiley
The latter one only cost me 70kr (10$).

Great deal.

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Found in a second hand shop.
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: March 23, 2005 18:37

That IS a great deal. King King and Three Snakes respetively are worth the $10...

Date: March 23, 2005 22:42

I've heard Chris Jagger now for the first time. That's actually quite cool. His band kicks ass too. Great to find out that talent lies within the family. smiling smiley
I wonder what this CD (Autographed on the cover) is worth on ebay or some other net auction. I can't find it there though.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: davido ()
Date: March 23, 2005 23:08

I've heard a lot of autographs are
actually fakes, but I suppose Chris is
so obscure most counterfiers wouldn't bother...

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: March 24, 2005 00:07

Wonder how much Phelge´s autograph would be worth?
...What´d I miss in value last November doing the bizarre action of not taking ALO:s autograph (only did it for my uncle)... ?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 24, 2005 00:09

I bought that Chris Jagger CD for 1 Euro.
I like it. I bought another great album for 1 Euro at the same time: Jim Capaldi Let The Thunder Cry. Sometimes there's a pile of cds in my favorite record store... and every cd is 1 euro. A Spanner in The Works (Rod Stewart) was the last one I bought for 1 euro. Actually not that bad... very slick but some very decent tracks on it.

The other three cd's you mention are fantastic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-24 00:12 by BowieStone.

Date: March 24, 2005 00:14

Yep. It's the first BC cd I got. I like it very much. Also Aerosmith's Pump is cool. It's a great comback. The Red Devils CD is still growing on me. smiling smiley

BTW: Chck Shidoobee's "The New Album" forum for some GREAT news by The Dougster on the new album. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 24, 2005 00:20

Many of the best records I bought (awaken users know I´m a parsimonious one) costed me ab 10 SKR (a little more than a $, less than a £)... In some other thread here I once or twice said I´ve never been paying for a Stones record; I have to correct myself: I once bought Aftermath, on vinyl... If I was rich I´d fill the house with Stones souvenirs 'n' stuff... But I see now more and more Stones-reated books surrounds me, while the music from the pc fills the air.
Hey, Kent; do you know some good second hand/record shops in Northern Jutland, (e.g.) in Ålborg? I´m going there in July.
- And is there anyone out there from Göteborg who knows where to do doing musical history bargains?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 24, 2005 00:28

BTW: Chck Shidoobee's "The New Album" forum for some GREAT news by The Dougster on the new album

Hey Kenty I guess your talking about Dougs mention of The Stones not using an actual studio this time around...well Keith hinted of this back in early 2004

Uncut Magazine January 2004

Q- You used to make whole albums in a week. Why not go back to that approach?

Keith Richards - It's getting down to that. Our last sessions in Paris, where we did the extra tracks for Forty Licks, they were similair to the way we used to record. Three microphones and let's go. Basically, we got sick to death of the hi-tech. Recently, we've been recording stuff while on the road, in hotel rooms, whatever. Maybe a great Stones album will come out of that. Who knows?

ROCKMAN

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 24, 2005 00:46

Pump wasn't really a comeback if the record before (Permanent Vacation) is certified 5 times platinum.
They are equal in quality though.

Three Snakes isn't the best record to start a black crowes collection. That record had to grow on me. Just like Amorica (which became my favorite black crowes record alongside The Southern Harmony).
But if you like that one you'll become a massive fan when you hear the other albums.

Date: March 24, 2005 00:56

Quite cozy corner, this thread; but its falling apart.
Kenty, our man, Danish cat; why dont you lift up the recording stuff that Rockman (yeah, I know, you´re not on-line at the moment... But when you get back?) commented into an own thread. Nice news sails closer...

Keef: "Basically, we got sick to death of the hi-tech." (see source and longer quote above at Rockman´s post) Wonder if he speaks for Jagger too. He may do.
Yesss! We´re looking forward to it. Miracle is awaiting us (can maybe also be applied to the health discussion recently held)...

Crawdaddy Tour -05??

Date: March 24, 2005 01:07

Three Snakes isn't there greatest, and yes, Amorica had to grow on me as well, but Southern Harmony was an instant favourite. King King as well by the way. love the way they play the blues: raw. And man, Lester can play the harp!

Last week I bought a bunch of second hand lp's (Euro 1 each). Nice to buy solid records for such a price. Led Zeppelin (II and III), Centerfield by Fogerty, Van Morrison, etc. Makes you wonder why you would pay as much as the shops are charging at this moment.

Kent, if you want to have a good introduction to The Black Crowes, download one of the Mr Crowes Garden shows. They play songs from all their albums and they all rock. Here's the link:

[bt.etree.org]

Edward

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-24 01:16 by mr edward.

Date: March 24, 2005 02:10

Wow. What did I do to deserve so many replies??? grinning smiley

Baboon Bro (My Swedish soul brother): In Aalborg you ask? Check for shops called "Bogshoppen". I really don't know much about Aalborg, but I will ask around for you mate. I think I can tell you about some shops sometime before July. Hope that's good enough for you my friend. smiling smiley

Rockman: Thanks for the interview snippet. I never read that before. I guess this wasn't the big surprise to you all then. It was to me though. Sounds great doesn't it? grinning smiley

BowieStone: I really like "Three Snakes And One Charm" very much. I think it's quite the cool record. I always liked TBC, but never owned anything by them. I'm on the verge of becoming a big fan I think (Just like with AC/DC, which grows on me more and more). winking smiley

Mr. Edward: Thanks for the link my man. I'll look into that thing. smiling smiley

How's my mates Eric, Stonefan, Wuudy, Potted Shrimp and all the others doing??? Asking because I have been a little "out of the loop" lately.

Effin' missing Lorenz here. sad smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-24 02:11 by JumpingKentFlash.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 24, 2005 10:59

mr edward Wrote:
King King as well by the way. love the way they play the blues: raw. And man, Lester can play the harp!

Lester is dead (killed himself not so very long after The Red Devils recorded that blues album with Mick Jagger)

Date: March 24, 2005 11:14

I know, Potted Shrimp. Damn shame. Somewhere in the mid-nineties, right?

Edward

Date: March 24, 2005 11:29

Lester died in 1998.

ROCKMAN

Date: March 24, 2005 11:34

ok. Do you know of any other recordings by The Red Devils, besides king King and the Jagger sessions?

edward

Date: March 24, 2005 11:50

Yes there was a 4 track CD EP released not long after King King but very-very hard to find.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: March 24, 2005 12:44

Rockman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes there was a 4 track CD EP released not long
> after King King but very-very hard to find.
>
> ROCKMAN

Do you have it Rockman? I still haven't found it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1627
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home