Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones At FENWAY! WHY????
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 18, 2005 14:56

I WAS WONDERING WHY THE STONES WANT TO PLAY BOSTON'S FENWAY PARK AND IF THIS WILL REPLACE THE SHOWS IN FOXBORO, A NEIGHBORING TOWN. THE NEW GILLETTE STADIUM IN FOXBORO WHERE THEY PLAYED LAST TOUR IS HUGE, HOLDS 90,000, FENWAY HOLDS 34,000 BUT THE GILLETTE STADIUM IS A NIGHTMARE FOR FANS TO GET IN AND OUT OF. I KNOW IT HAS TO BE ALL ABOUT MONEY AND NOTHING ELSE BUT EVEN IF THEY DO PLAY THE 2 SHOWS, AUG 21 & 23 THE TOTAL TICKETS SOLD WILL BE LESS THAN ONE SHOW IN FOXBORO. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIDE INFORMATION ON THIS. NOTHING IS DEFINITE UNTIL MARCH 30. I CAN SAY PERSONALLY, I'D RATHER THEY PLAYED JUST FENWAY AND ADDED AN EXTRA SHOW AT THE ORPHEUM, THE OLD THEATER THAT SOLD OUT IN MINUTES LAST TOUR! WAS ANYONE AT THE ORPHEUM SHOW? I HEARD IT WAS ABOUT 100 DEGREES INSIDE AT THE LAST SHOW! MAYBE THE FOLKS AT THE ORPHEUM CAN ADD AIR CONDITIONING THIS YEAR! ANY INFO WILL BE APPRECIATED.

mickschix

Re: Stones At FENWAY! WHY????
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 18, 2005 15:10

Gillette holds 68,000 for concerts. Two shows at Fenway will have more people.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 18, 2005 17:54

My understanding (& hope) was they would be emphasizing arenas - which I would much prefer - but the F Park thing is a sort of event, as there is only 1 show a year there. They dont want the embarassment of not selling out (Foxboro) - the 2nd show may not be publicized til the first sells out. And Springsteen got lots of publicity when he played there. Didnt the Red Sox get some sort of award recently? I also think its about promoting a new album. They also like to play (hence the mixed venues last time). Who would have thought, 30, 20 years ago Charlie would still be out there doing year-plus tours??? In f***ing stadiums?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 18, 2005 18:08

Gillette was not sold out when the Stones played there. If it was all about playing to a maximum of people then they would have played open air shows like in Europe. But the US need seated venues so they do it in venues. And it is hard to seel the "nosebleed" upper 3rd or so levels at Gillette. A baseball venue is great because they can put the stage where there are no chairs. Dodger Stadium was great I think, and Shea. Haven't seen them at too many baseball venues. I think an U.S. football stadium is too large.

One more thing. It is about money. I am sure they can charge a lot more for a seat at a place of 35,000 people than a place at 70,000. Remember they made almost the same amount of monet from MSG with less than 20,000 people, as from a stadium with 50,000 people, simply because average ticket price MSG is $200, while average ticket price at a stadium is less than $100.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 18, 2005 20:57

I agree the football stadium are way too large, if you are in the top rows you can get dizzy from being so high up. I was at the Gillette Stadium show and I didn't see one empty seat in the whole place. In fact I saw lots of people in the parking lot looking for tickets.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 18, 2005 21:33

I WAS WONDERING WHY YOU USE CAPS? IT HURTS MY EYESsmiling smiley

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2005 21:33

I went to nearly all the US shows on the Licks Tour. Gillette wasn't sold out.

It appears this new tour may be another Arena tour with a few surprises added in. I was outside the Orpheum, and many people were leaving early and throughout the show. I heard it was hot, but this is an ongoing thing, people could be seen leaving early at every Club/Theatre show, except for Roseland, that one was packed solid the whole night, and I was in that one.

As for the temperature, I come from a place that hits well over a hundred degrees and high humidity in the summer months, sometimes, so 100 degrees doesn't faze me.

Date: March 18, 2005 21:50

Why would people spend $ & effort on a theatre show & leave early??? I recall the effort I put into orpheum tix, with no success...Christ.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2005 22:04

I agree john r, I too tried many times, within minutes the tix were gone, I couldn't get any from the scalpers either. My good fortune was that I was given the one to the Roseland, that was a wonderful day! winking smiley I stood/waited behind the theatre and it paid off.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: March 18, 2005 22:30

Why Not, if touring, they can start in Africa

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: March 19, 2005 15:56

Exception Roseland? Was it kind of ironic? People started leaving the Roseland while the first song wasn't over. If you've read the papers you would have read that a few hundred left Roseland during the first half hour. They were heavily treated by the people who where standing outside because they couldn't get in. Was a real hassle!

Date: March 19, 2005 17:46

Does anybody know why these uh folks left - didnt like the setlist? Thought it was was a Springsteen show? Industry types w/ free tix? Thought they'd walked into a karaoke joint? btw--number of times I've seen the word 'satisfaction' in news stories about upcoming tour: 3 (out of 3 stories about Fenway rumors)

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: March 19, 2005 19:13

Well I will be very happy if they opt for Fenway instead of Gillette because I too hate the football stadiums. The sound just drifts and if it's windy, as it always was at the OLD Foxboro Stadium, it was not a great experience. I was at Gillette and I had a very good, first level seat off the floor, stage right and I sure did not see any empty seats! Not even way up, but I'd have to guess there were a few. As for idiots leaving the Theatre shows, they should be shot! I was sick over not getting a seat for the Orpheum show and then I found out that friends that showed up seconds before The Stones went on got great seats! For the $55 and my ticket agent couldn't find me a seat for under $1400 and that was a balcony seat. I was NOT HAPPY! The folks that left Roseland early were Corporate Fat Cats who couldn't have cared less about seeing the Stones; they were there to be seen and because the ticket was FREE! That is disgusting! Hopefully I can have better luck with theater seats this year!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1900
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home