Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Charlie in Paris to mix the new album? (from shidoobee)
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: March 7, 2005 19:24

I found this on shidoobee, posted by "Thru and Thru"

Bill Wyman just finished an interview via telephone from London on my local Classic Rock station's morning show promoting his new Rythm Kings album. In the course of the conversation he mentioned that Charlie came round visiting him yesterday and told him that he was off to Paris today to start mixing the new Stones album. That's pretty straight from the horse's mouth, good times are ahead indeed... grinning smiley

I know, I know - another rumour. But this one seems a bit more trustworthy than the other ones...

Re: Charlie in Paris to mix the new album? (from shidoobee)
Posted by: melillo ()
Date: March 7, 2005 19:40

yes baby

Posted by: country honk ()
Date: March 7, 2005 19:42

In Paris or not he knows how to dress:

This month finds Charlie Watts on Vanity Fair's Best-Dressed list. In the magazine's April issue - on stands now - Watts is joined by fashion icons Jude Law, George Clooney, Kate Moss and Oprah Winfrey in the celebration of the world's twenty most stylish figures. Fans of the Stones have counted Watts among the most dapper of musicians for ages and it is wonderful to see him included in Vanity Fair's much respected list. Congratulations to Charlie Watts.

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 7, 2005 19:58

I reckon if Bill says it's so - it is!

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 7, 2005 20:16

Yes, this sounds like a reliable source to me. Great news, thanks for sharing.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: March 7, 2005 20:26

Mixing or recording. They wrote some songs in mick's castle but ronnie wasn't here. He needs to record his part.
It's new if charlie mix the album now.

Posted by: Jim Price ()
Date: March 7, 2005 23:21

CHARLIE IS AT MICK'S CHATEAU IN FRANCE TOGETHER WITH KEITH. HE ARRIVED TODAY.

CHEER UP !!!!

Date: March 7, 2005 23:27

Ah, I love to hear such news!
I can almost picture them, sitting in a room in his chateau, Mick on an old piano, Keith on acoustic and Charlie behind the drum kid - creating a great album!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 7, 2005 23:33

I do question when they plan to involve Ronnie. His total absence is a bit strange, though maybe a good sign. NOW WAIT ALL OF YOU THAT SEE SIGHNS OF MT striding down the halls, what I mean is maybe that Keith and MJ are more aggresively writing together than they have been in a long time. I do not forsee any other guitarist then Wood oppopsite Richards on stage.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 8, 2005 00:05

warms the cockles, don't it?

Date: March 8, 2005 00:58

A french Stone Fan (working mate from "Le Paul Jagger") saw Charlie at the airport in Tour today.
He talked a while with Charlie and he was told that Keith is with Mick since already two weeks! It also seems like Ronnie is not involved at the moment.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-08 15:23 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: March 8, 2005 01:01

Ronnie is always added in the end for overdubs, that´s nothing new, so don´t worry....

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: March 8, 2005 01:05

mickijaggeroo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ronnie is always added in the end for overdubs,
> that´s nothing new, so don´t worry....
>>

not always - all the Paris '77 stuff was done as a unit as well as the UC sessions. seems Ronnie is more of a "hood ornament" these days than a full-fledged band member.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: March 8, 2005 02:39

The stuff about Ron's involvement in the past is true; with dirty work Keith and Ronnie did much of the work without MJ. In the past ronnie was often much more invloved. Still I totally expect he will be there on the tour and see this (maybe naively) as an effort of Mick and Keith to try and re-capture the old Jagger/Richards magic. Maybe, as they have said, this time the Glimmers are really working together again.

Date: March 8, 2005 02:42

Mick and Keith are together more, in making an album. Charlie and Ronnie come in at separate times and lay down their bits, (both Mick and Keith have said so in the past). Ronnie may be done already, and maybe Charlie needs to do something else on a song, or lay more drums down, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-03-08 06:27 by Demon.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: March 8, 2005 09:47

perhaps they are kicking Ronnie out of the band...I mean his influence these days is zero!

Esky

I respect women who can suck golf balls through a garden hose....

Date: March 8, 2005 10:17

His influence on stage might be zero, but I think that this is different in the studio - in my opinion he could very well add some more to the songs than just some overdubs. Most of the Stones songs that show his envolvement are really good in my opinion and his solo albums show that he'a decent songrwriter!

Posted by: roby ()
Date: March 8, 2005 10:25

I mean his influence these days is zero!

YES.

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: March 8, 2005 10:27

Hello
I CAN TELL YOU THAT CHARLIE IS IN AMBOISE AT MICK HOME
I SAW CHARLIE YESTERDAY IN TOURS

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: March 8, 2005 12:08

So what was the studio rehearsing in Four LIcks all about? I mean the whole band playing together, the stuff like "Extreme Western" and so on? Just doing it for the camera? I have the romantic idea of the Stones playing the basic tracks all together, catching the right take or moment, and then doing the overdubs later, but that's Stones folklore, right?

- Doxa

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: March 8, 2005 16:20

steenhorst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello
> I CAN TELL YOU THAT CHARLIE IS IN AMBOISE AT MICK
> HOME
> I SAW CHARLIE YESTERDAY IN TOURS
>

You saw Charlie? Can you expand a bit on that?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: steenhorst ()
Date: March 8, 2005 16:23

Yes my office is in airport Tours, and I saw yesterday afternoom Mr Charlie Watts

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 8, 2005 18:35

Uuuuuuuhhhh. You get me so excited Lorenzo. If this is true, it's simply great man. YYYYYYYEAAAAHHHHH!!!! I just got home from spendin' 4 days, or so, at my dad's, and then I come home to this. It's awesome man. Yippeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: March 9, 2005 01:52

They probably don't tell the media details on how they progress with the recording to protect their product from turning up on the net before its time, so my guess is any information regarding how it's been like in the studio will be rare until the release date is published and the subsequent interviews are done by the press.

Bye
Bill

Posted by: LE PAUL JAGGER ()
Date: March 9, 2005 10:18

Hello this "Le Paul Jagger" i'm a french fan from Paris and i read all of you since a few years.
Steen is my friend and he saw Charlie at the airpoort in Tours.
I submit and i ask myself if the stones will come to Paris (Suresnes) for overdubs some tracks.
If they come i can swear i be there.
So I CAn give yoyu some news from Paris.

I'm so proud to be here with you cause i love this Forum so much even if my english is noy so good.

Keys to your love evrybody.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: March 9, 2005 13:21

That's good Le Paul Jagger. I'm looking forward to some sightings from you. Welcome to the board. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Date: March 9, 2005 19:38

I'm afraid you are right, Rorty!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: March 12, 2005 02:11

gee, it's only been since VL & especially B2B that Charlie is as heavily involved in production/mixing (the "Project" album was virtually recorded concurrently, finished later)& of course Ron's marginalization is post SW - I miss him. He was great in NYC '03 & solo '93 - this (I know he was erratic) is the same pattern we've seen w/Brian & Taylor...just took longer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1407
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home