Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
think im going mad
Posted by: stillife ()
Date: August 11, 2009 01:06

Isn`t this song (

so great? Would be a hit today.

Re: think im going mad
Posted by: GimmieChris ()
Date: August 11, 2009 02:56

I like this song.I think they should have put this song on the rarities 1971-2003 cd.It was the b-side to the She Was Hot single.

Posted by: Ruby Friday ()
Date: August 11, 2009 10:34

Of'course they should had put it on "Rarities" it must have been a mistake, they just forgott about it, but where can we find it, apart from the backside of my "She was Hot" singel and picture shaped singel ?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: August 11, 2009 10:39

I always loved that track. I heard it 20 times a day,
when I got my first outtake CD "Paris Outtakes" in the
beginning of the 90s. The guitars and the piano...

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:04

WONDERFUL SONG!!!!

Isn't this the unedited version, as opposed to the official B side version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-11 11:05 by Nikolai.

Date: August 11, 2009 11:50

The official version is shorter and has David Sanborn on sax, not
as good as the outtake version.

Posted by: Nikolai ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:53

TooTough

I prefer the outtake version. Then again, I prefer the extended version of She Was Hot too.

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:55

Of course it wouldn´t be a hit today. Nothing special, really...two chords over and over again...but since it´s rare it´s a gem? But I really like it, make no misstakesmiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:56

Nikolai
TooTough

I prefer the outtake version. Then again, I prefer the extended version of She Was Hot too.

If I may ask - where does one find this extended version of 'She Was Hot'? I love the track (quite a fan of the 'Undercover' album in general), and would love to hear it!

Is it simply a remix, extending the song with beats..etc.., or is it an outtake performed by the band?

Posted by: Greenblues ()
Date: August 11, 2009 13:01

It's an outtake performed by the band (perhaps even the track from which the final version was edited (no fade-out)). You'll find it on bootleg. Maye in the "Hot Stuff" section?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-11 14:04 by Greenblues.

Date: August 11, 2009 13:45

If I may ask - where does one find this extended version of 'She Was Hot'? I love the track (quite a fan of the 'Undercover' album in general), and would love to hear it!

The "Search" button helps a lot! :-)

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: August 11, 2009 13:53

Sounds a bit like Waiting On A Friend to me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2009 15:07

this song is killer .this has #1 all over it in my book .so this is a b-side to she was hot .where else is this on a OFFICAL release?

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: August 11, 2009 15:16

The Greek
this song is killer .this has #1 all over it in my book .so this is a b-side to she was hot .where else is this on a OFFICAL release?

The "She was hot" single is the only official release with this track on it sadly

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: August 11, 2009 15:30

Have always loved this track. Simply gorgeous.

Drew

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: August 11, 2009 15:31

To me, it's really amazing how Charlie is able to just push and pull the band around. How he can crank it up at will, intensifying everything with his rhythm, and then reel them all back in too. Also a great Bill track, super restrained but powerful. Definitely should have been included on Rarities.

Date: August 11, 2009 18:04

vudicus
The Greek

The "She was hot" single is the only official release with this track on it sadly
thanks for the info .so this was a undercover outtake?

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 11, 2009 18:36

Emotional Rescue.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 11, 2009 19:02

Didn't I read that the master tapes of the B-side are missing? At least that would be an explanation for that omission from the Rarities set.

Ross

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-11 19:10 by Ross.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: August 11, 2009 19:04

Gazza hinted at such a thing. I hope that is not the case, as I'm sure a lot of us do.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: August 11, 2009 19:19

All of the digital files and bootleg versions I have heard of the released b-side version were obviously taken from vinyl with the obligatory pops & clicks. As I recall, the b-side version was included in the "Woodstock Rehearsals" set and called "Bones Thang" or something like that. The longer, unedited version can be found on a number of "Emotional Rescue" outtakes albums, such as "Accidents Will Happen".

I always liked the song, it couldn't have hurt "Undercover" to have included it!

Ross

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 11, 2009 20:26

skipstone
Emotional Rescue.

Its originally from the early '79 sessions in Nassau for 'Emotional Rescue' but the released version was finished in summer 1983 for 'Undercover'. The sax part is definitely different on the two versions (its Bobby Keys on the first one).

Ian McPherson's excellent timeisonourside.com site lists the sax player on the released version as Al Perkins, which is a bit strange as Perkins is pretty much primarily a guitarist (mostly a steel guitarist). Not sure what the source of that info is, but I'd be pretty sure its David Sanborn, who was certainly present on the final sessions for 'Undercover' and who plays on the album (on 'Pretty Beat Up'). Certainly sounds like his style of playing.

And yep, apparently the master tape couldnt be located, hence its non-inclusion on 'Rarities'.

Date: August 11, 2009 20:50

Gazza
skipstone
Emotional Rescue.

Its originally from the early '79 sessions in Nassau for 'Emotional Rescue' but the released version was finished in summer 1983 for 'Undercover'. The sax part is definitely different on the two versions (its Bobby Keys on the first one).

Ian McPherson's excellent timeisonourside.com site lists the sax player on the released version as Al Perkins, which is a bit strange as Perkins is pretty much primarily a guitarist (mostly a steel guitarist). Not sure what the source of that info is, but I'd be pretty sure its David Sanborn, who was certainly present on the final sessions for 'Undercover' and who plays on the album (on 'Pretty Beat Up'). Certainly sounds like his style of playing.

And yep, apparently the master tape couldnt be located, hence its non-inclusion on 'Rarities'.
thanks Gazza.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2009 22:10

i'm not sure why a master tape would be required to put it on an album. master tapes aren't generally used for alot of what goes out there in the marketplace...

decent song...nothing to get excited about, though....and, i like the bootleg versions that circulate better than the officially-released one...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: August 11, 2009 22:22

T&A
i'm not sure why a master tape would be required to put it on an album. master tapes aren't generally used for alot of what goes out there in the marketplace...

I agree. How bad could the quality of a 1st generation recording be, and who could tell the difference anyway?

And in the context of the haphazard and sloppy way in which that entire Rarities project was executed, its a bit odd that in this case they were so over-zealous about quality control.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: August 11, 2009 22:43

Gazza
T&A

I agree. How bad could the quality of a 1st generation recording be, and who could tell the difference anyway?

And in the context of the haphazard and sloppy way in which that entire Rarities project was executed, its a bit odd that in this case they were so over-zealous about quality control.

i'll bet the phine pholks at UMG will stop at nothing and use every man jack at their disposal to undercover the missing master and present in a rarities re-issue...and maybe even pencil-in a artist's rendition of the previously air-brushed-out Wyman on the cover...

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:22

Excellent song.

Posted by: rootsman ()
Date: August 11, 2009 23:32

I like it, but I prefer the original (out)take to the overdubbed/remixed released version!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: August 12, 2009 00:34

It's a good song. I don't really have a lot of Stones collectibles but I have the tongue shaped picture disc single of She Was Hot/Think I'm Going Mad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-08-12 00:36 by FrankM.

Date: August 16, 2009 04:40

It was also recorded in November 1982 with Keith on lead vocals. Runs for about 15 minutes.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home