Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

wanted to introduce.....
Date: February 22, 2005 20:20

myself but pcked a bad thread to do it in! I respect this board, want to participate and keep with the protocol...

ps I want to apologize, I've been occasionally posting here, and checking in often, usually daily, as I think this is a great board...
but I didn't introduce myself, I'm kind of shy...but I realize its not good manners to not introduce oneself... I'm a longtime Stones fan, 49 yrs old, been fan since '70, but first got interested before then, by the intro to 'The Last Time' which is surely one of the coolest guitar intros of all time imho...
I do love MT's playing
also think Ronnie saved the band, and is also a fine player and artist, wish him best in his efforts to stay healthy
I'm also a big Faces fan
I love Charlie's playing, and I also play the drums, and bass also...I think Charlie and Al Jackson Jr. are the finest drummers for rock and soul music respectively
have always felt the great heart of the Stones is the interplay of Charlie and Keith...with the songwriting and MJ's vocals
I'm new to the world of collecting, though. am working on a collection of rehearsals, outtakes-type CDs, plus selected shows...but dont have high speed net at home, so its been mostly through ebay that I've found stuff..

thanks to all DR

Re: wanted to introduce.....
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 22, 2005 20:35

Welcome there's often some very good info found here. But don't take offense at much of the back and forth that goes on, it's mostly in good fun. Just so there's no misunderstanding I'm not the skippy of Sticky Fingers Journel fame. I'm just an old fat guy from Virginia. Enjoy!!

Posted by: R ()
Date: February 22, 2005 20:43

" Just so there's no misunderstanding I'm not the skippy of Sticky Fingers Journel fame. I'm just an old fat guy from Virginia."

No kidding? I just assumed you were the same guy.

Date: February 22, 2005 22:33

Welcome. Where do you call home?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 22, 2005 23:13

Yeah climb aboard Dillard....Slam ya 20 cents worth in and dont be shy.

ROCKMAN

Date: February 22, 2005 23:28

thanks Richard- I live in Charlotte NC...its OK, lotta good music history in this area. Known for banks these days however! we have a nice new arena about to open...maybe a site for the Stones' upcoming tour!

thanks, Rockman!

Date: February 23, 2005 00:05

Saw the Stones twice in your fair city, 1972 and 1999.

Date: February 23, 2005 00:11

I missed the '72 show, wish I had gone, with Stevie Wonder opening! saw the '99 one, on the No Security tour...great version of 'You Got the Silver' what a treat! Skippy, where in Virginia? DR

Date: February 23, 2005 00:26

Franklin County 20 miles south of Roanoke. In '99 you were'nt the drunk in the front row putting on a show while the googoo dolls were on were you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-23 00:28 by skippy.

Date: February 23, 2005 00:34

damn! Found out! =o))

naw that was not me...wish I could've been in the front though..

Date: February 23, 2005 10:34

Hi Dillard,

I was at that same show in NC. Gee, two Southern Gentlemen, (you and skippy) one from Virgina, and the other from NC.

My one ancestor is a true Cherokee from Cherokee, NC, and another ancestor is Wade Hampton from Civil War Fame.

I was born in the North, but have roots in the South. winking smiley Welcome!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-23 10:36 by Demon.

Date: February 24, 2005 20:07

thanks Demon! quite impressive, your ties to the South. especially Gen. Hampton, I am not a Civil War buff, but he's definitely one of the key figures.
have you read the bio written by Walter Cisco? I haven't but hell you probably know as much as the author...DR

Date: February 25, 2005 07:50

Well, I was born in the North, because of a set of circumstances:

My family, (ancestors) originated in the South, (as you know), but then, when the Civil War broke out, my Great, Great Grandfather, said, "the South will lose, we are going North." And North they went, not all of them, (as you know, Gen. Hampton fought a good fight, but they lost). And, I didn't know this until 1985, about my family being Southern, not a bad thing, I'm proud of it now. But, I was at a family picnic in 85 and made the remark, "Well I'm a born and bred Yankee, and proud of it." My Mother said, "dear, your family came from the South," My face dropped, my Mother said, "She wished she had a picture of my face."

I'm also related to the French Pirate Jean Lafitte.

I love my ancestors, it's where I get my sense of "living on the edge."

I miss that in the Stones, "living on the edge." They are just too respectable these days. Another thing, they need to keep their kids out of the band.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1077
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home