Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

If you can't rock me!
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 7, 2005 18:04

K's lick in the middle part. Pick or fingers (both, studio and live versions)?

By the way, he seems to use this lick or variations of it in almost all of his best stuff. Half tone (CYHMK, before the jam, IYCR, Pain of Love etc?) full tone (Tumbling dice, HTW) single notes (love in vain, wild horses 75). Every time with a different feel an tempo. Great!

C

Re: If you can't rock me!
Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 7, 2005 18:28

Hmmmm, a good question. "Honky Tonk Women" and "Paint It, Black" are the only songs I can think of off the top of my head where Keith plays with hisafingers. I play if "You Can't Rock Me" with a pick and it sounds OK but as to our Keith?

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 7, 2005 19:17

If I am not wrong Sweet Black Angel and Sweet Virginia are fingerpicking, or at least a combination of pick and finger.

Was HTW always played w/o pick?

C

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: February 7, 2005 19:56

I should have clarified that I was referring to live performances only Liddas. As to "Sweet Black Angel" it sounds like finger picks to me but" Sweet Virgina" is definitely a flat pick. As to " Honky Tonk Women" look at the performances of that song from "Gimmer shelter" as well as from "Let's Spend the Night Together" and you can see that Keith plays it sans pick.

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: February 7, 2005 21:58

Yes but the lick he's playing is often used on other songs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home