Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1968 Surrey Rehearsals. (+Question).
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: February 5, 2005 02:39

The CD from VGP called "1968 Surrey Rehearsals" should be dropping in my mailbox soon. Does anybody have info on it. I can't seem to find anything. I have searched around for 20 minutes now. And there's nothing.

BTW: HAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY TO SHIDOOBEE!!!!!

-------------------
EDIT: If someone has info on a place (Online or shop) where I can get a bargain deal for buying truckloads of jewel-cases for my boots, I'd appreciate it very much. I have all my boots in paper covers. All the talk about CD-Rs breaking after some time makes me want to take extra care of them. They're like my children. smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-05 02:54 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: 1968 Surrey Rehearsals. (+Question).
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 5, 2005 06:07

Its from Feb/March 1968 (presuming its the same as the bootleg LP of the same name) - early rehearsals for what became the BB sessions at RG Jones Studios

The sound quality isnt up to much. Brian isnt present

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-05 06:11 by Gazza.

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: February 5, 2005 11:02

I've got this CD, it's one of those "must haves" if your a serious Stones collector.

But definitely not the most captivating listening experience, mushy sounding tape, showing the usual speed inconsistencies and horrible hiss and other extraneous efx.Snatches of conversation that would be quite interesting apart from their virtually inaudible.

Why do we collect such shite?

Great cover tho!

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: February 5, 2005 12:13

Bill was not there either. First session with Jimmy Miller. quality is very bad.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 5, 2005 13:36

If I remember well, the recording was made by a visiting journalist, who taped parts of a rehearsel with Watts, Richards and Jagger. The interview afterwords is also available, and you hear Jagger and Richards laughing about Brian.

Mathijs

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: February 5, 2005 15:15

Yup Mathijs and it's all on VGP's "Surrey Rehearsals", it's one of those one's you play to yourself in times of serious Stones anality, but definitely not something you'd wan't to inflict on friends and family, or even worse explain why you've just shelled out a load of dosh for.

Kinda sad, but we've all beeen there I suspect.

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: February 5, 2005 15:57

...ha ha...well put mikey !

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home