Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

fan club
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: January 26, 2005 16:00

Has anyone joined the official fan club at the band's official site and would someone advise me if it's worth the dough? The potential access to tickets is the kicker, if that means easy access to tickets then I'd want in. The other crap is not that important. Has anyone received this special DVD they mention?

Re: fan club
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 26, 2005 18:00

>The potential access to tickets is the kicker, if that means easy access to tickets then I'd want in.

Uh....they charged people $100 for this 'access' in June 2004 for a one year membership and no shows were announced. To pay $100 to join a fan club that tells you you MAY get tickets IF they announce shows is lunacy. You'll get tickets in public sale for Stones shows easily enough when theyre confirmed. On the last tour, it was only worth it for the theatre shows.

Why not save your money until when they DO announce shows.

>Has anyone received this special DVD they mention?

No one has. And if you ask about it on their message board, they remove your post.

To get it into perspective. U2 have a similar venture for their new tour. It costs $40. I registered one day before the pre-sale started and on the same day that the shows were announced, and I got tickets yesterday.

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: January 26, 2005 18:06

Thanks Gazza I appreciate the advise. You'd think they could get into some trouble for promising a dvd with your membership when it doesn't even exist. Isn't this some type of fraud?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 26, 2005 18:15

I would not spend the money again to join. It's a waste.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 26, 2005 19:07

OK, as long as we are talking about this again, I admit it. I got duped.
Like a fool, I agreed to the "free" 30 day membership they offered in November or December and forgot to cancel before they charged me $100. Oops. Yes, I am a dumb ass. Looking at 12 months without ticket sales would really suck. I am not holding my breath for the DVD either.
Not very cool at this point, is it?

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: January 26, 2005 19:16

I´m waiting till the tour is announced, then I might register...

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: s-asla ()
Date: January 26, 2005 19:23

If I get a new chance to attend another theatre show - like Stockholm Cirkus -
I'll gladly pay double.

Date: January 26, 2005 21:38

Jackass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks Gazza I appreciate the advise. You'd think
> they could get into some trouble for promising a
> dvd with your membership when it doesn't even
> exist. Isn't this some type of fraud?

you bet it is.

I do get the impression from what I've read (it goes without saying, I didnt join this excuse for a fan club) that they did intend putting a DVD together, but it hasnt materialised. Who can tell?

I dont think you're going to get much on any DVD that isnt available easily to collectors anyway - unless you're the sort of fan who gets orgasmic about 'da boyz' being 'exclusively' interviewed and saying the same stuff theyve been saying in interviews for years.

no matter what way you look at, it sure as shit isnt worth $1, let alone $100.

On the last tour, it was handy for pre-sales for theatre shows. Thats about it.

Even at that, it was pot luck as you'd no idea exactly when the pre-sales would start - you'd just get an e-mail out of the blue that they were on sale, and if you were away from your PC at the time - tough shit (U2's fan club gave ample advance notice of the date and time of their pre-sales. Something I can only hope the Stones one does next time). The first I knew of the Astoria show going on sale was when I read someone post the info on Rocks Off. I got my e-mail about 30 minutes AFTER the sale started. Thankfully, I still got lucky. I'm sure others missed out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-26 21:38 by Gazza.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 26, 2005 23:40

Well I got duped too, and only hope that tickets for someplace go on sale first for the fanclub before my second memebership outdates in July. I am really disappointed in he DVD too, LOL maybe JB at RO or MYLAWYER at Shidoobee can start a class action suit for all of us. As I remember, I thought the disc was to be of one of the shows in India.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-27 03:34 by kahoosier.

Posted by: terry ()
Date: January 26, 2005 23:53

im another mug that joined...but i will cancel before june this year.just to warn anyone if you dont want to carry on with your membership...remember to cancel befor june or they will take another $1oo...its only rock n roll but its a rip off.

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 27, 2005 00:51

" Has anyone joined the official fan club at the band's official site and would someone advise me if it's worth the dough?"

No.

" The potential access to tickets is the kicker, if that means easy access to tickets then I'd want in."

Take your chances with TicketBastard.

Posted by: Lord Sinclair ()
Date: January 27, 2005 22:12

OK, I renewed my membership for 100 on the promise of concert seats. I got great 10th row seats next to Ronnie on the Licks tour.

I also joined David Bowie's site to get great seats and man were they good! Just a couple rows from the stage in a theater. Great Show and worth it.

I am, however, feeling very screwed by the Stones. No DVD, no tour announcement-nothing.

And today the official site is down. Why? I can only hope they are either announcing an album and tour tomorrow as a surprise or else they are busy refunding money-I highly doubt either will happen.

Date: January 28, 2005 00:55

>OK, I renewed my membership for 100 on the promise of concert seats

at the risk of sounding pedantic, they DIDNT "promise" you concert seats. They offered the OPPORTUNITY of getting pre-sale tickets IF the band were to announce concert dates.

Its far from a solid promise

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: January 28, 2005 01:09

Precisely! Semantics should never be overlooked.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2481
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home