Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

winter tour 73 Live in London
Posted by: Koschi ()
Date: January 20, 2005 18:10

hi can anybody help me please. I am downloading this file. Can somebody tell which show this is and is it worth downloading?

thx

Re: winter tour 73 Live in London
Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: January 20, 2005 18:17

I once had a vinyl LP called Live in London. It was September 8th show, in the evening at Wembley Empire Pool, (now called the Arena). (There was an afternoon show too.) Quality was not that good.

Please can you say where you are downloading it from? (It was my first Stones show).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-20 21:08 by Deidre.

Date: January 20, 2005 18:19

i download it with emule.

the filename is: Rolling Stones - 1973 Winter Tour (Live in London)_Album.mp3

I was looking for the 9-9-73 show....

Date: January 20, 2005 18:39

I have some of that show - but not to hand.

An apparently very good recording became available last year. I think it was called Wembley Empire Pool. You better ask some of the experts. I've seen its artwork on a Taylor site. I found that Taylor site on micktaylor.net, which has links to all the others.

Date: January 20, 2005 18:44

I am looking for Midnight Rambler and Heartbreaker from the 9-9-73 show. (mp3)

can somebody help me?

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 20, 2005 21:00

I recently downloaded a half decent audience version of the saturday afternoon show (8/9/73) called Timeless 73, and have burned a few copies.

Deidre, I've done one for you, so send me your new address again.

Some of the concert from the 9th (my first Stones show as it happens) is on Nasty Music though Mathias probably has more authoritive information on this.

Date: January 20, 2005 21:42

Mr Logie,

Then I will write to you again. And I'll put my address in CAPITAL LETTERS.

And the 9th show in full might have been called Empire Pool Wembley. Anyway, the site where (I think) its artwork is:

micktaylor.free.fr/home.htm

So there, Darling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-20 23:58 by Deidre.

Date: January 20, 2005 22:11

Just been to that site's Bootleg section and the "Empire Pool" bootleg appears to be the afternoon 8th Sept. recording. But someone who saw that show says they did Can You Hear or 100 Years Ago - can't remember which - time to consult Mathjis' site, I guess.

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: January 20, 2005 22:14

The so called "Winter Tour" was in Australia, New Zealand, Hawaii in Jan./Feb. 1973. Not in London. London was the European Tour 1973 which took place much later in September + October 1973.

Date: January 21, 2005 00:01

Yes that's true. But London is in England. So is Wembley.

They just got the season wrong, darling.

Date: January 21, 2005 01:47

There's a partial version in good audience quality of 8th Sept. #2

There's a complete Sister Morphine versiion of 8th Sept. #1 which, considering the original state of the sound quality, is nothing short of a bloody miracle.

There are also complete versions of 7th and 9th Sept.

Pardon me if I sound like a grouch, but it seems to me that lots of younger Stones fans consider anything that's not soundboard so clear that you can hear a band member sneeze off mike bad quality, then I don't know what to tell you.

All this talk of sound quality is absolutely subjective.

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 21, 2005 04:16

Soundboards!!! Wouldn't have them in the house.

Date: January 21, 2005 07:50

LOGIE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Soundboards!!! Wouldn't have them in the house.

I owe you a pint, bro!!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 21, 2005 07:55

Wouldn't have 'em in the house....well I got 'em in the house , matter of fact I got more soundboards in my home than floorboards!!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: January 21, 2005 08:03

I agree Menace, whenever I read posts like "best Stones performance"....etc....in most people's choices they seem to choose all soundboard recordings - e.g. Atlantic City '89, Brussels '73, Ft Worth '78, Perth '73 etc...
What alot of people don't understand is that there are some tremendous performances in good/average audience quality. For example - London all shows 1973, Frankfurt '73 (both shows), Altamont, New York '69, Charlotte '72 etc....

I assume some fans only collect/listen to soundboard recordings - well they are missing out on some of the best stuff around !

Esky

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2575
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home