Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Mick and Charlie at Lords
Date: July 19, 2009 05:12

Deltics
The Rules of Cricket
You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side thats been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in. There are two men called umpires who stay all out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out. When both sides have been in and all the men have out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

Simple!

Congratulations! Guinness World Records organization will be contacting you shortly on the number of uses of the words in, out in fewest # of sentences.

Good to see Mick and Charlie ...We can only surmise what they are discussing...

Posted by: largelingerie ()
Date: July 19, 2009 05:22

At first glance, I thought L'Wren was actually the ghost of Michael Jackson.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: July 19, 2009 05:50

terraplane
Aussies in deep strife
Sportal - July 18, 2009, 6:20 am

Australia's 75-year unbeaten record at Lord's is under enormous peril after a string of false shots and an inspired spell of bowling from England paceman James Anderson turned the second Test on its head on Friday night.

The tourists were in desperate trouble at stumps on the second day after an uncharacteristically rash stroke from Simon Katich sparked a flurry of Australian wickets in the final session.

When bad light stopped play on the second day 14 overs early, Australia was unenviably placed on 8-156 in pursuit of England's imposing first-innings total of 425, still requiring a further 70 runs to avoid the follow-on.

Following the loss of two early wickets, Katich and Michael Hussey lifted Australia to 2-103 after tea but the visitors then lost a stunning 6-49 in 16 overs against an England attack inspired by Anderson and a fiery Andrew Flintoff.

Perhaps it was the enormity of playing at Lord's, or meeting the Queen at lunch, but Australia erred by deciding to meet a swinging ball with a swinging blade.

Of the eight wickets to fall, five were the result of pull shots as Australia responded to England's interrogation with cross-bats rather than caution.

Armed with his most dangerous weapon - swing - which was missing in Cardiff where he resembled a trundler rather than a game breaker, Anderson ripped the heart out of Australia's middle order.

Anderson, who earlier in the day made 29 in a 10th-wicket partnership worth 47, has the stellar figures of 4-36 from 17 overs.

He pocketed the wickets of Phillip Hughes, who was caught down the leg side pulling, and Ricky Ponting then returned in the final session to remove Michael Clarke and Marcus North.

It capped off an excellent day for Anderson, who stood firm with the bat against a fierce onslaught from Australia's attack in the first session, which saw England lose three wickets from the opening three overs.

England appeared destined to be dismissed for less than 400 - a total it would not have settled for after a 196-run opening stand - after losing its ninth wicket with the score on 378.

A thorn in Australia's side on the last day in Cardiff, Anderson's much-improved batting was again on show.

Along with Graham Onions, he flayed Mitchell Johnson, whose waywardness again cost his side plenty of runs.

Australia's innings started disastrously, losing Hughes and Ponting before lunch.

The captain fell in controversial circumstances, adjudged to have been caught at slip despite replays showing the ball hit his pad and not his bat.

England fans, however, will argue Ponting was also out lbw - a view supported by Hawkeye.

Hussey and Katich, whose concentration did not waver despite two rain delays, added 93 runs to calm Australia's nerves before the opener was superbly caught in the deep by Stuart Broad for 48 off the bowling of Onions.

It heralded a dramatic reversal of fortunes for the two sides.

Hussey shouldered arms to a fired up Flintoff, who was clocked regularly above 90mph (144 kmh), and was bowled for 51.

Clarke departed in the next over, clipping an inswinger from Anderson straight to Alastair Cook at mid-wicket.

He was joined six overs later by North, who played a pull shot onto his stumps after 33 scoreless minutes at the crease.

The same stroke also resulted in the demise of Johnson and Brad Haddin, the latter losing his wicket in the penultimate over before stumps after his appeals for bad light fell on deaf ears.

Fascinating.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: July 19, 2009 22:02

The shackle-draggers put up a brave, spirited fightback today,
but that's what you'd expect from such a courageous strong squad.
England's destiny is in their own hands tomorrow... hopefully Jimmy Anderson can get that ball swinging, and skittle the Aussies out, before lunch.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: July 19, 2009 22:21

Adrian-L
The shackle-draggers put up a brave, spirited fightback today,
but that's what you'd expect from such a courageous strong squad.
England's destiny is in their own hands tomorrow... hopefully Jimmy Anderson can get that ball swinging, and skittle the Aussies out, before lunch.

Yep, you can never put the Aussies down for long- good on em
Still think (and hope) England will win though

Date: July 20, 2009 13:20

early wicket for England!
Good old Freddie!

Aus 314-6

Posted by: Stargroves ()
Date: July 20, 2009 13:27

Good wicket, but now it becomes clear why my older son was too ill to got college today, he's no doubt ensconced on the sofa watching the cricket

Date: July 20, 2009 13:35

is he clutching a glass of Pimms and a chocolate cake?

Date: July 20, 2009 13:55

Yes probably, I'll have to sneak in quietly when I get home and see if I can catch the little blighter. Not good if my Pimms runs out before I get homesmileys with beer

Understand they're both key to recovery from man-flu or is it swine flu.

What's the score anynoe?

Date: July 20, 2009 13:56

353-6 ....we need another wicket...and quick

Date: July 20, 2009 14:07

Got the other wicket!!

Date: July 20, 2009 14:09

361-7 .....victory is getting closer!

Date: July 20, 2009 14:13

363-8 ...... Freddie strikes again!!

Date: July 20, 2009 14:34

388-9 Flintoff again!!!

victory beckons!!

Date: July 20, 2009 14:52

They did it!! Great game! Well played also to the Aussies for making a fight of it

Date: July 20, 2009 14:53

406 ALL OUT!!!!!!

75 year wait is over!!!

Date: July 20, 2009 14:59

arise Sir Freddie!!!

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 20, 2009 15:18

Fantastic stuff

I think Flintoff got his 5th wicket off pretty much a half run-up as well.What a spell that was!

Date: July 20, 2009 15:22

Date: July 20, 2009 16:17

BRILLIANT!!!

Over before I got for for lunch

Well done Mr Flintoff

Posted by: stoneswashed77 ()
Date: July 20, 2009 16:47

"Cricket...I was in an English pub yesterday. This is in Stockholm, Sweden. There is cricket on the big screen. A man throws a ball. Another one tries to hit it. Fails. A long interlude follows. Discussions with the referee, protests. Some kind of drama is evidently going on, totally beyond me. Five English gentlemen in the pub, red faced and sweaty, are so excited by this they seem to be on the verge of a collapse. Me and a few other people in the pub look at each other and shake our heads in disbelief. Who invented cricket and why?"

exactly! in that video all the time someone throws a ball and then another guy hits that ball then the ball rolls all over the field. mmmhhhh??????

Date: July 20, 2009 16:52

Just checked out some comments made on Channel 9 Australia- christ! How can they call us whingeing Poms?!

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 20, 2009 16:55

Now for edgbaston.

I got my tickets.smileys with beer>grinning smiley<hot smiley

Date: July 20, 2009 17:06

nanker phelge
Just checked out some comments made on Channel 9 Australia- christ! How can they call us whingeing Poms?!

you're not suggesting some of their fans aren't gracious and
magnanimous in defeat, are you??

Date: July 20, 2009 17:10

Adrian-L
nanker phelge

you're not suggesting some of their fans aren't gracious and
magnanimous in defeat, are you??

Would I? Just comments about bad decisions, bad luck, bad ball (for Johnson to bowl with)- not one admitting to the fact that the Aussies for once, were completely outplayed in all departments!

Date: August 23, 2009 20:47

huge congrats to England - we best Ye Auld Enemy, once again!
the Ashes are ours!!!
time to crack open the champers and Pimms!

Date: August 23, 2009 21:06

Woo hoo! Eng- ger -land! Yes, glugging Pimms in the garden and celebrating!

Date: August 23, 2009 21:21

Arise Sir Andrew

Posted by: Four Stone Walls ()
Date: August 24, 2009 01:02

squando
Let's face it England have been an international cricket embarassment for 30 years.

Remember what the Aussies did to you last time? And that was them pounding the poms into the ground on autopilot.

They're still the greatest side on the planet even tho they lost more than half of their great side. And the best England can do is call for drinks and physios cos they're sore and thirsty.

Pathetic.

Wrong.

The best England could do was to get Australia all out for 144 runs and ultimately declare leaving Australia to get 546 to keep the regain the ashes.
England wrapped it up in 4 days and regained the ashes.

Not pathetic.

Victorious and Glorious!

Date: August 24, 2009 10:13

hear! hear!

"Cry 'God for Harry, England and Saint George!'"

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 811
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home