Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: If "Some Girls" had been a Double LP?
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 20, 2009 12:13

squando
Not to be nasty but the idea sucks.

"Miss you" and SG are both masterpieces.

And "Claudine" could easily be released by simply changing the name. The song sucks imo anyway so leave it where it is pleeeease.

Cool Mate it doesn't sucks
Don't read if you don't want !!!

I can't change the past
we're all here to talking about the STONES,
talking about the STONES is not a private hunting as I know,
and leave me free if i want to speak about this idea!
The purpose is not to tell here, some girls should have been a Double LP,
it's to talk about if it had been a double LP and see different opinions!
I'm amazed how conservative, some stone freaks are !

HMN

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 20, 2009 13:12

Geez who spilt wine over your dress?

"I can't change the past" - I wasn't aware I was asking you to but thanks for the heads up that you're unable to. I'll bear that in mind when I go searching for those who can.

"talking about the STONES is not a private hunting as I know," - Have no idea what that means so won't try to address it.

"and leave me free if i want to speak about this idea!" - You are free to speak about it all you like - unaware of anyone attempting to stop you.

"The purpose is not to tell here, some girls should have been a Double LP, it's to talk about if it had been a double LP and see different opinions!" -

Thanks for pointing out water is wet. You got my different opinion princess, and that was that I think the idea sucks. I never said you do - just the idea.

"I'm amazed how conservative, some stone freaks are !" - It's not being conservative sweetheart, it is very simple - Some Girls to my ears is spot on as it is. And of the outakes you mention I like none of them, not to mention some were from the ER sessions so couldn't have made it on your dbl LP anyway.

I know you read but as you have had a little paroxism to my post I'll assume you read poorly.

My opening statement reads "not to be nasty". You might wanna bear something like that in mind the next time you decide to respond like you are 5 years of age. Perhaps time to start reaching for the valium...

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: June 20, 2009 13:12

The Stones don't need to write another album ;they just need to look back and get all this stuff of the drawers.

So Young could be a nice add to Some Girls LP,or a double one ,with such great riff !

But for sure I will keep Miss You"+ may be the extend version .

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: June 20, 2009 13:28

Gazza
Honestman
yapster
How would you edit a song that has the line "Claudine's back in jail again" as one of the main lines? Would you bleep out Claudine and replace it with "#&!@*%&@'s back in jail again" or would you say "Claudines never done anything bad that she could sue us for if we mention her in our song-again"?

If you think that's it's matter of scandal, i don't think so !
Rappers wrote songs with explicit lyrics more shocking that "Claudine's back in jail again", but i understand that in english language country it could be a matter of scandal, in FRANCE, we don't care of that , but once again you're all right,
it 's the law, and we can't do nothing against the law!

Whether you or I think its 'scandalous', explicit or shocking is irrelevant. The song was dropped from Emotional Rescue (not SG) for the simple reason that they were threatened with legal action by Longet herself. They avoided a similar action on '@#$%&' when they contacted Steve McQueen (on Ahmet Erteguns advice) to get his Ok over a line about him getting a blow job. Had he objected, they'd have changed the lyric.
...ending up with a different track title to avoid further problems...(was it Ahmet Ertegun mainly refusing the "@#$%&" one or were the others causing
probably trouble ? )

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: June 20, 2009 13:28

They had the possibility using b-sides for extra songs for some girls and for all the following albums. But do they think on their own these songs really finished and ready to be released?

Date: June 20, 2009 14:19

aprilfool
They had the possibility using b-sides for extra songs for some girls and for all the following albums. But do they think on their own these songs really finished and ready to be released?

For sure some unrealeased songs seems aborted and not finished .
The sad thing about this period (and also in the B& B one ) is that there was so many unreleased great songs floating around...

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 20, 2009 15:02

squando
Geez who spilt wine over your dress?

"I can't change the past" - I wasn't aware I was asking you to but thanks for the heads up that you're unable to. I'll bear that in mind when I go searching for those who can.

"talking about the STONES is not a private hunting as I know," - Have no idea what that means so won't try to address it.

"and leave me free if i want to speak about this idea!" - You are free to speak about it all you like - unaware of anyone attempting to stop you.

"The purpose is not to tell here, some girls should have been a Double LP, it's to talk about if it had been a double LP and see different opinions!" -

Thanks for pointing out water is wet. You got my different opinion princess, and that was that I think the idea sucks. I never said you do - just the idea.

"I'm amazed how conservative, some stone freaks are !" - It's not being conservative sweetheart, it is very simple - Some Girls to my ears is spot on as it is. And of the outakes you mention I like none of them, not to mention some were from the ER sessions so couldn't have made it on your dbl LP anyway.

I know you read but as you have had a little paroxism to my post I'll assume you read poorly.

My opening statement reads "not to be nasty". You might wanna bear something like that in mind the next time you decide to respond like you are 5 years of age. Perhaps time to start reaching for the valium...

Very smart thumbs up

It's not fair to tell such words to a little princess of 5 years age , my sweet dear Dad of 4 months'old on IORR

No more comments

HMN
winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-20 15:03 by Honestman.

Date: June 20, 2009 15:14

squando

I think Honestman meant "private playgroud " if I can allow myself to step in .
In French we say "chasse gardée " but like Honestman, I unfortunately translate too often a "word-for-word tranlation "

It's the same with "it sucks" if we tranlate it in french,it's a very rude langage but if I am not mistaken,it just means "the idea is lame and not good " doesn't it ?

Well let's go back to Zuma beach now !

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Posted by: squando ()
Date: June 20, 2009 16:08

"but if I am not mistaken,it just means "the idea is lame and not good " doesn't it ?"

Spot on Sway. I don't think it's a good idea but that's just my opinion and as stated I wasn't saying that Honestman sucked. He is confused however. I have been on this forum for more than 8 years - I just changed my name a while back. But again there he goes making silly 5 year old statements...

See you @ Zuma beach!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1257
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home