Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger's attitude towards his audience
Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: June 7, 2009 00:00

tatters
Last time I saw the Stones, I was way over by a far corner of the stage. When Mick came out there, I was the only one in my section standing up, clapping, and appearing to be having a good time. I was rewarded with about 15 seconds of Mick's undivided attention. You get what you give.

"Be on my side, I'll be on your side"

exactly. but you also stuck out. he seems to like to focus on a few people to keep it going.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: June 7, 2009 00:21

cool smiley Stonesrule, the book is in the works!! I guess it's all in the way you work it, and I can say it is a lot of work to position yourself and time it right, and then of course you must act like it wasn't planned at all so you don't look like a gawky FAN!! God forbid, LOL!!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 7, 2009 00:40

I think on a continuum of rapport with the audience, Mick is somewhere in the middle, with Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan in the frigid arctic zone of disdain and Robert Smith of the Cure being passionately in love with the response of his audience.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 7, 2009 15:59

Bliss
I think on a continuum of rapport with the audience, Mick is somewhere in the middle, with Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan in the frigid arctic zone of disdain and Robert Smith of the Cure being passionately in love with the response of his audience.

The more talented you are, or the cooler your music is, the more right you have to ignore the audience. A song like Gimmie Shelter just seems to REQUIRE that you act cool and aloof when you sing it. By the same token, it would be completely ludicrous for someone like Peter Noone (I'm mentioning him only because someone else did) to have a cool and aloof stage demeanor while singing "Mrs. Brown, you've got a luverly daw-tugh"

Paul McCartney is an interesting case. If there's anyone who's earned the right to be cool and aloof it's him, yet even after a fan shot John, and another fan stabbed George (when George was already dying of cancer), Paul seems to have an insatiable desire to PLEASE Beatles fans, and a childlike need for their approval.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-07 16:02 by tatters.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:23

McCartney is bored of being a Beatle

The Beatles may be the biggest cultural icon of the past century but former band member Paul McCartney says he is tired of being the icon.
The 66-year-old superstar says he sometimes gets tired of the fame he attracts from being in the legendary band of 60s, Femalefirst reported.

"You get fed up being him. You're always that guy. If I was Bruce Springsteen, I might get fed up being Bruce Springsteen. I might want to be the kid I was growing up, when I didn't have that image to live up to."

Despite the pressure surrounding his success McCartney says that he still loves playing live.

"If I buy a ticket to a show, I know what I want to hear the band play. So I start with that, what would I want to hear me play if I was in the audience? Then we start rehearsing stuff I'd like to play or that we haven't done for a while, or never done," McCartney said.

The musician also said that he tries not to pay attention to the media scrutiny of his private life.

"I'm in the public eye, so you notice my trials and tribulations. Most people my age have been through similar things. They've lost loved ones. Lots of people have been divorced. You have to try to understand it and move on. It's never easy. How do I do it? I remember the good times," McCartney added.

[www.screenindia.com]

ROCKMAN

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:46

And then you get a guy like Paul Anka. Minimal talent. Music that is the epitome of UN-cool. And the guy is an arrogant prick.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:54

Mick relates to his audience just fine.

TOo many people have unrealistic expectations of their IDOLS.

There are many so-called entertainers that truly forget
who made them supertstars.

Reminds me of politicians that forget who elected them and
that they are supposed to be representing their constituents.
After they get to the top they do what they want...or whatever it
takes to stay there....but if they neglect "the people", their careers fizzle.

I think Mick still balances it well.
Obviously he's not as hungry for it as he was in '60s-'70s.....but
is still a great performer and gives it everything he's got.
Need I remind you the freezing cold Chicago '06 Soldier Field show?

He did NOT phone it in.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 7, 2009 16:55

PAUL ANKA .....I guess he did it his way....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROCKMAN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-06-07 16:55 by Rockman.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: June 7, 2009 19:58

off stage he is a bit rude, going by the being mick dvd anyway

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: June 7, 2009 20:19

Its been said on many occasions on this site, that The Stones attitiude towards their archives and their apparant total non-involvement in the Universal reissues shows a certain disregard (or disdain) for their fan base.
Of course,that's only one psossible interpretation, also.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: June 7, 2009 23:15

melillo
off stage he is a bit rude, going by the being mick dvd anyway

really? i thought he seemed ok....even a little more approachable than
i would have thought.

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 8, 2009 02:18

tatters
And then you get a guy like Paul Anka. Minimal talent. Music that is the epitome of UN-cool. And the guy is an arrogant prick.

Maybe the worst song ever:

"No Anchovies, Please"

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: June 8, 2009 05:02

was in the front row once and you could see how much mick enjoys entertaining.

he was eating up the audience loving the attention; even posing for photos

maybe this was b/c this was their 1st trip back to baltimore since 69, but he really

seemed to be enjoying himself

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: June 8, 2009 13:11

Mick, unlike Ron and Keith, can't fvck up on stage. He is the frontman, he carries the show and all that pressure requires to be very focused I supposed.
Mops

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home