Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: best rock documentary ever: ANVIL!
Posted by: Tate ()
Date: May 9, 2010 23:54

Def. seems to be a master of the double pedal. Unreal one-handed stuff there on the toms later in the vid, too. Speed demon for sure. Fun to watch, but still not my cup o' tea. It's just too exhibitionist for me, like some jazz is... It seems like it's all about "see what I can do." But thanks for posting these, because I love to check out stuff I haven't seen before. You mentioned King's X before... I have a good friend who loves them and tried to get me into them-- I didn't care for them much, but I like checking new (to me) bands out and watching clips.

Date: May 10, 2010 00:13

Tate
Def. seems to be a master of the double pedal. Unreal one-handed stuff there on the toms later in the vid, too. Speed demon for sure. Fun to watch, but still not my cup o' tea. It's just too exhibitionist for me, like some jazz is... It seems like it's all about "see what I can do." But thanks for posting these, because I love to check out stuff I haven't seen before. You mentioned King's X before... I have a good friend who loves them and tried to get me into them-- I didn't care for them much, but I like checking new (to me) bands out and watching clips.

like i said before that guy is also a teacher at berklee (the music college version of harvard) so he knows more than what the video shows because he has to teach theory too. he is the only person in history to hold 5 worlds fastest drummers records at one time.

At his height from 2002-2005, Mangini was notorious for setting five World's Fastest Drummer records. These include the Fastest Matched Grip at 1,247 single strokes in 60 seconds in 2005, Fastest Barehands, which he earned by executing 1,138 single stroke notes in 60 seconds in 2002, until Glen Caruba broke it with 1,140 notes in 2006. Fastest Traditional Grip which he earned by executing 1,126 single strokes in 60 seconds in 2003, a record that stood for five years before falling to Matt Smith (1,132) in 2008, and Fastest Single Stroke Foot record playing 13,222 hits in 15 minutes and 4,555 hits in five minutes; records that stood for two years before falling to Mike Mallais (13,309/4,595) in 2007.

Date: May 10, 2010 00:16

not sure what king's x songs you've heard but:

Date: May 10, 2010 00:17

also not really metal but buy some CHEAP TRICK albums if you don't own any

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: May 10, 2010 02:07

dcba
There are bands that are a lot worse than Anvil : Mastodon for example...

How @#$%& dare you, To me thats like comparing the Stones with Broken English

Date: May 10, 2010 04:10

andy js
dcba
There are bands that are a lot worse than Anvil : Mastodon for example...

How @#$%& dare you, To me thats like comparing the Stones with Broken English

so do you like or dislike mastodon?

Re: OT: Anvil!: The Story Of Anvil
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 10, 2010 15:47

C'mon Andy, spill the beans! "March Of The Ants" : doo doo doo doo doo burp!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-05-10 15:50 by dcba.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1844
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home