Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT:Clapton/Winwood summer tour
Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 13, 2009 06:59

From Billboard.com:

Clapton, Winwood Teaming For Summer Tour

February 12, 2009 03:47 PM ET

On the heels of their early 2008 run at New York's Madison Square Garden, Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood are taking their show on the road.

The former Blind Faith bandmates will play arenas beginning June 10 in East Rutherford, N.J., and have dates booked through June 30 in Los Angeles.

Clapton and Winwood had only performed together a handful of times before playing at Clapton's 2007 Crossroads Festival outside Chicago, which inspired them to team up for the Madison Square Garden shows.

A CD/DVD of those performances will be out this spring, with details to be announced.

Here are Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood's tour dates:

June 10: East Rutherford, N.J. (Izod Center)
June 12: Philadelphia (Wachovia Center)
June 13: Washington, D.C. (Verizon Center)
June 15: Columbus, Ohio (Schottenstein Center)
June 18: St Paul, Minn. (Xcel Energy Center)
June 20: Omaha, Neb. (Qwest Center)
June 21: Denver (Pepsi Center)
June 23: Dallas (American Airlines Center)
June 24: Houston, Texas (Toyota Center)
June 26: Glendale, Ariz. (Jobing.com Arena)
June 27: Las Vegas (MGM Grand Arena)
June 29: Oakland, Calif. (Oracle Arena)
June 30: Los Angeles (Hollywood Bowl)

Re: OT:Clapton/Winwood summer tour
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: February 13, 2009 07:02

Oh S@#$! Another concert I have to save for!

Date: February 13, 2009 07:12

You think you got it bad. I may actually have to go to Las Vegas on a Sat. night.smoking smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 13, 2009 07:41

Oh, man, what about Seattle or Portland or Vancouver?? Do you know if they intend on adding other shows??

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 13, 2009 08:35

I have to go! Almost made MSG.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: February 13, 2009 11:24

This is also "hot on the heels" of Slowhand's current UK/European tour.
Not bad for one who said he was giving up on concert tours.
Lets hope they can fit some European dates at some point.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 13, 2009 15:53

Son of a bitch! No Detroit show? Columbus is a three hour drive. We shall see ....

Date: February 13, 2009 16:31

Right now Ticketmaster only has a listing for an Eric Clapton concert in Dallas on June 23. Tickets on sale next Sat. 2/21. Surprisingly reasonable at $75 to $150.

Date: February 13, 2009 16:44

If you search on "Steve Winwood", the Clapton show in Dallas pops up.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 13, 2009 18:51

They must be saving the announcement of the Toronto leg for later... [grumble]

The MSG gig was amazing, would love to see them again. And am very surprised there's no CD or DVD of those first 3 shows. See them if you can!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 13, 2009 18:56

SomeTorontoGirl
The MSG gig was amazing, would love to see them again. And am very surprised there's no CD or DVD of those first 3 shows.

yep - the aud recordings of those shows are great. stg: they are putting out a dvd/cd release in the spring to promote the tour...

Date: February 13, 2009 19:02

SomeTorontoGirl
They must be saving the announcement of the Toronto leg for later... [grumble]

The MSG gig was amazing, would love to see them again. And am very surprised there's no CD or DVD of those first 3 shows. See them if you can!

Lose your glasses?

Clapton and Winwood had only performed together a handful of times before playing at Clapton's 2007 Crossroads Festival outside Chicago, which inspired them to team up for the Madison Square Garden shows.

A CD/DVD of those performances will be out this spring, with details to be announced.

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: February 13, 2009 19:12

sweetcharmedlife
Lose your glasses?

Whoooops! I have a bad cold. I thought it was driven into my ears when I landed, but apparently my eyes are all stuffed up too. [And furthermore... Yay!]

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: February 13, 2009 19:23

Hey how bout a Traffic reunion?

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 13, 2009 20:49

no chicago? good thing i went the nyc - this is a show worth traveling to see...

Date: February 13, 2009 23:57

tippy2toes

Chris and Jim are gone, and Dave was only there for a little while. I'm glad I saw their reunion tour just before Jim died

Date: February 14, 2009 00:37

little queenie
no chicago? good thing i went the nyc - this is a show worth traveling to see...

That's what makes me think they're gonna announce more shows. Nobody tours the U.S. without playing Chicago. Not to mention Boston, Cleveland, and Detroit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2009-02-14 00:38 by tatters.

Date: February 14, 2009 00:47

BluzDude
tippy2toes

Chris and Jim are gone, and Dave was only there for a little while. I'm glad I saw their reunion tour just before Jim died

Steve's standard response to questions like "How about a Traffic reunion?" is that he and Jim Capaldi promised each other that neither one of them would ever tour as Traffic unless the other one was involved. Whether this is true, or is just a clever way of making sure that Dave leaves him alone, I really can't say.

Date: February 14, 2009 01:03

Chicago date HAS been added. June 17. ROAD TRIP!!!

Date: February 14, 2009 01:22

tatters
BluzDude
tippy2toes

or is just a clever way of making sure that Dave leaves him alone, I really can't say.

I don't think it was that, after all, Dave wanted nothing to do with their last reunion.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 14, 2009 01:32

tatters
Chicago date HAS been added. June 17. ROAD TRIP!!!

thank you!

Date: February 14, 2009 15:41

BluzDude
tatters
BluzDude
tippy2toes

or is just a clever way of making sure that Dave leaves him alone, I really can't say.

I don't think it was that, after all, Dave wanted nothing to do with their last reunion.

Really? I wasn't aware that he had been invited to participate.

Date: February 14, 2009 21:56

tatters

I'm not really sure. I either read or heard a DJ say that Mason wished them luck. but he had his own schedule that wouldn't allow him to participate.

It could of just been a sour grapes thing. Back in the days of their first reunion when Jim Gordon was on drums, i was working the show and Dave showed up during their set, with his guitar. He joined them for the encore.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: February 14, 2009 23:57

just found that Steve Winwood is coming to Germany in July, so we all hope, that Eric will join him somewhere.

There are whispers about the Montreux Jazz Festival, also A Tribute to Woodstock in Berlin is planned by Livenation, so...

Date: February 15, 2009 00:14

BluzDude
tatters

I'm not really sure. I either read or heard a DJ say that Mason wished them luck. but he had his own schedule that wouldn't allow him to participate.

It could of just been a sour grapes thing. Back in the days of their first reunion when Jim Gordon was on drums, i was working the show and Dave showed up during their set, with his guitar. He joined them for the encore.

Well considering how underwhelming Mason was when I saw him last month,it's just as well he doesn't get back together with Winwood.

Date: February 15, 2009 14:38

wolfi
A Tribute to Woodstock in Berlin is planned by Livenation, so...

Blind Faith didn't play at Woodstock.

Posted by: wolfi ()
Date: February 15, 2009 15:01

I know, but there seems to be the idea that Winwood (who played with Jimi Hendrix) and Clapton might "represent" Jimi - well, they played some of his songs at MSG

Date: February 15, 2009 15:15

wolfi
I know, but there seems to be the idea that Winwood (who played with Jimi Hendrix) and Clapton might "represent" Jimi - well, they played some of his songs at MSG

Yeah, that would be cool. Also, this year mark's the 40th anniversary of Blind Faith's only album and only tour, which I guess is why Eric and Steve are doing this now, so an appearance at a Woodstock anniversary show would be appropriate.

"Blind Faith is a groovy group!"

---girl with big teeth, in the movie "Woodstock"

Date: February 21, 2009 19:32

Tickets for many of these shows are now on sale. I got mine this morning. Anyone else?

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 21, 2009 20:13

I got two for New Jersey June 10.

I bought two $62 in section 232. Maybe once inside I can slip some one a couple of bucks to stand somewhere much closer.

What do you think? Possible? Likely?

There were some pretty good $182s in section 107 and some in whatever section number opposite side, but in this economy . . .

Figure maybe I can do better than sec 107 at a later date if I can afford better and sell my $62s.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2081
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home