Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: New Tour !! :-)
Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 4, 2009 19:54

ablett
Keith eats organic and they wear tartan slippers.

I never knew....

with the state of his organs, he's liver than i'll ever be....

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 4, 2009 20:16

What's the over/under on the number of Stones to tour threads we will see today?....I'm saying at least 10. We got at least 3,4 so far right?

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: WMiller ()
Date: February 4, 2009 20:19

I'll take the over.

I dropped a couple of valiums to get me through...one of my biggest pet peeves on this board.

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: February 4, 2009 21:38

ablett
Keith eats organic and they wear tartan slippers.

I never knew....

they must've gotten keith confused with ronnie with the organics - i wonder if ronnie's dropped off that health wagon too, now that jo's gone?

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: February 4, 2009 21:44

Ronnies probably on a steady diet of potatoes and cabbage now I'd have thought. I can't recall much Russian cuisine???

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 4, 2009 21:48

ablett
Ronnies probably on a steady diet of potatoes and cabbage now I'd have thought. I can't recall much Russian cuisine???

irish cuisine beets russian...

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 4, 2009 21:49

I don't think Ronnie's first priority is food these days. He's probably more into having plenty of sex and buying presents for his young darling......and guitar playing I hope or rather bloody demand.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: February 4, 2009 22:09

T&A
ablett

irish cuisine beets russian...

I'm sure he's probably tired of eating russian by now anywaytongue sticking out smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 14:46

What does it mean that Keith "eats only organic food?" Does it mean he doesn't eat plastic food? Surprise surprise. I mean which food is not organic? It is just as stupid as the whole article.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:10

Happy24
I mean which food is not organic?

[en.wikipedia.org]

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:27

I highly doubt the Rolling Stones work around a Faces reunion tour. I believe Ronnie's first priority these days is the Stones so when and if a Stones tour is to happen I'm sure he would tell the Faces sorry boys can't go on the road for a reunion while the Stones are planning to tour.

Posted by: Fingers ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:44

Perhaps the Faces aren't touring cos Ronnie is going to be off with the Stonesgrinning smiley

Happy to be here....Happy to be anywhere.....

[www.myspace.com]

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:55

Keith eats organic....

I think perhaps they're confusing his eating habits with his other habits!!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 5, 2009 15:56

It will spoil my planning for 2009 but what the heck: Let's spend the night together again.
They would fit moneywise and schedulewise much better in 2010. At least for me.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: February 5, 2009 16:44

What exactly did they mean by "The OAP rockers"??

Oh for me too, Grison, and considering I swore I wouldn't pay the ridiculous prices anymore to see them live, not gonna fill their coffers............I'm already drawing up a list of cities I'd like to catch em in!!! LMFAO

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 5, 2009 17:24

Hmm a tour,i want them to tour again,but i donĀ“t want a disaster as 2006-2007
was,absolutely horrible.

Posted by: skipstone ()
Date: February 5, 2009 17:46

Stop using wikipedia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 5, 2009 18:00

I've just seen a squadron of pigs flying overhead. Oh look the price of bacon has just gone up. Tour? My arse.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 5, 2009 18:03

VoodooLounge13
What exactly did they mean by "The OAP rockers"??

Old Age Pensioners

Date: February 5, 2009 22:01

Oh yes as much money as they made on the last tour. I'm sure they really think 2006-07 was a disaster.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: February 5, 2009 22:40

Musically it was a disappointing tour. Hopefully Keith has sorted his head out. At best all we can hope for is a licks style tour.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: February 6, 2009 01:35

Is this true they are going to tour??

drummer_dude

Date: February 6, 2009 02:05

There is nothing set in stone yet about a tour. The one thing however I guarentee is Mick and Keith will tour when they want they are not going to work around Ronnies schedule if he chooses to tour with the Faces while the Stones are planning to tour they will find a replacement for him. But trust me Ronnie is not that stupid when the Stones say they are ready to start planning a tour he will drop whatever he has going on to join them and yes he would even drop his 19 year old girlfriend.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 6, 2009 02:10

drummer_dude
Is this true they are going to tour??

No.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 6, 2009 06:57

Can they still pull it off?

Posted by: tippy2toes ()
Date: February 6, 2009 07:26

There is no word in the papers of a tour or new material. I don't buy it.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: February 6, 2009 11:50

I guess chances for a new tour are diminishing every year and I happen to be an optimistic guy.
But I think the risks are getting too high now. Of course we think Keith will survive an
atomic bomb, but I guess no insurance company will feel as confident as we do. So imagine
what financial risks have to be taken to book all these stadiums around the world more than
half a year in advance, to invest in all these big stages and all that's involved, and then
calculate the chance that one of these four 60 plus year olds will not survive in the next
year and the tour will be cancelled.

It is just a simple matter of risk management. The only hope we can have is that someone
with an irrational mind will be ready to take this massive risk.

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: February 6, 2009 11:59

marcovandereijk
So imagine
what financial risks have to be taken to book all these stadiums around the world more than
half a year in advance,

I think that stadiums for a possible new Stones tour is not even an option for both financial reasons (they're not going to fill stadiums anymore) and physical reasons (mick cant manage anymore his voice AND his gymnic and shall make a choice ruling out jogging on stage, me thinks)

Posted by: Floorbird ()
Date: February 6, 2009 11:59

They should tone it down a bit ie less stage production, smaller venues, scale down the overhead maybe do a couple of gigs and if there up to it carry on.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 6, 2009 12:06

marcovandereijk
I guess chances for a new tour are diminishing every year and I happen to be an optimistic guy.
But I think the risks are getting too high now. Of course we think Keith will survive an
atomic bomb, but I guess no insurance company will feel as confident as we do. So imagine
half a year in advance, to invest in all these big stages and all that's involved, and then
calculate the chance that one of these four 60 plus year olds will not survive in the next
year and the tour will be cancelled.

Absolutely right.

What's wrong with -low risk-smaller gigs every now and then?

It is just a simple matter of risk management. The only hope we can have is that someone
with an irrational mind will be ready to take this massive risk.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home