Talk feedback :  Talk
Use this forum to give us feedback about this forum. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Urgent: did iorr get hacked?
Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 3, 2009 22:47

to the administrator(s):

the email I associate with this account is one I rarely use. Almost no one knows about this email address.

However, I use this same email address for an account of a secure online payment system. They contacted me 1 hour ago saying that my account in their had been hacked and money taken out.

Has your database been hacked?

The company said that boards like this are sometimes preyed upon and the entire database is stolen and email and passwords are all run against paypal login, and hacking occurs.

I am not accusing you at all but just warning you this may have happened -- and also wondering whether anyone else on this board has had financial accounts hacked using the same email address as used here.

I almost posted this to the whole board but realized (a) it's not appropriate and (b) could result in mass hysteria, which no one wants. smiling smiley

thank you in advance for your reply on this board (without too much of my personal details). I would rather you not email that email address on file because I am concerned about even logging into that account right now. I don't understand how this could have happened, so am being extra wary.

swiss

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1351
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home