Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

1975 TOTA POSTER
Posted by: tony ()
Date: October 3, 2008 00:54

I can't seem to find a full color poster of the jet eagle, not the black and white milwaukee concert add. I'm sure there was one for this tour.

Re: 1975 TOTA POSTER
Posted by: mattleeuk ()
Date: October 3, 2008 13:09

Absolutely, you can see one in the collage below..... (p.s. I don't know any serious collector that believes those Milwaukee ones are real).

Date: October 4, 2008 07:15

Yes, I remember seeing that. I have checked all over ebay and the internet and have come up empty. Thanks for the glimpse.

Date: October 6, 2008 00:49

I get them from time to time... shoot me an email once in a while to see what I have. I don't have one at the moment but I do have some other great original Stones posters available for trade or sale:

Exile on Main Street
Beggars Banquet
UK 71 Tour (not common reprint)
Cardiff and Pembroke Castle (not common reprint)
Japan 73 Tour

to name just a few..... I am on mattleeuk@gmail.com

Date: October 6, 2008 06:43

Thanks, will do. That tour is my first, special to me. I can find every tour poster but that. I've Checked ever possible site online.

Date: October 6, 2008 13:21

Tony,

If you shoot me an email I will let you know when I get one. I have probably had 5 spares that I have traded in the last 7 or 8 years so I do get them.
Thanks,
Matt

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: October 6, 2008 13:35

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-09-09 20:17 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: October 9, 2008 00:43

I have one, NM, but already framed, museum mounted, perfect. Email me privately and let me know where you live, so I can give you one price, including shipping insurance, etc. Its really a mint one. NO flaws. Really nice. Hate to sell it, as its my favorite image , ever of the Stones, but, I am downsizing, and likely selling all of my posters, and possibly my entire collection, if the price is right.

JR

Posted by: peter ()
Date: October 12, 2008 08:52

I own a nm copy..framed for years...however I rarely come upon another one...pretty rare I think...and if I do, it is usually in pretty bad shape...one thing I'm certain about is the original poster was printed on very very thin paper stock...so beware of bootlegged posters that are printed on a heavier stock...peter in sf

Posted by: mfb ()
Date: November 9, 2013 20:49

Im trying to figure out some parameters to distinguish the originals of this poster from reprint.

So far it seems the paper thickness (thanks peter) and size differences are there. Im thinking the originals are 36.5 inches not 36. Anybody know anything else or how consistent the size is ? thanks

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: November 9, 2013 23:15

I won 1 of these way back when,from a radio show called "london wavelength"...still have it in the mailing tube....

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: November 11, 2013 07:13

tony
I can't seem to find a full color poster of the jet eagle, not the black and white milwaukee concert add. I'm sure there was one for this tour.

Remember you are asking about media printed items that are 43 years old. When those of us who were financially able Stones fans snapped up these posters &c. they were fairly readily available (the classified section of Rolling Stone magazine was the place where I located nearly all my Stones stuff unless I was in San Francisco, then I'd go to the Bill Graham store - and please don't ask me where it was! A good rule of thumb is the mention of 1) San Francisco or 2) 1978 is that I was Stoned Blotto).

& do be VERY aware of the authenticity. I still have in my possession vintage Stones artifacts (the author of the 1975 treastise, Jean-Marie Moreau, rec'd the confetti from the Seattle 1975 show that I scooped off the floor, knowing it would be of use in the future.)

ASK the seller questions. If you don't like the tone of their response or they seem evasive, tell them so.

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: January 1, 2014 17:34

mattleeuk
Absolutely, you can see one in the collage below..... (p.s. I don't know any serious collector that believes those Milwaukee ones are real).

I'm curious to know about what appears to be a jacket or shirt on the far left? Have any ideas?

Date: January 8, 2014 00:58

bitman
mattleeuk

I'm curious to know about what appears to be a jacket or shirt on the far left? Have any ideas?

It's an entourage tour jacket.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 8, 2014 01:46

a friend of mine gift to me an official Litho 24"x18" released at time of L.A. Friday was released. Its fine, but i don´t know why the quality of print is not excellent...

Litho L.A. Friday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 01:52 by rogerriffin.

Date: January 9, 2014 23:46

rogerriffin
a friend of mine gift to me an official Litho 24"x18" released at time of L.A. Friday was released. Its fine, but i don´t know why the quality of print is not excellent...

Probably because it was blown up from the original sticker and not shrunk from the original poster.

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: January 10, 2014 01:40

Matt, do you know the reason why they didn´t use the original transfer to make the new lithos?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2208
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home