Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GigaSize is working on a better image .
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: May 31, 2008 11:26

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:43 by UrbanSteel.

Re: GigaSize is working on a better image .
Posted by: kream ()
Date: May 31, 2008 12:02

hi Mr. US!

do your really believe that Gigasize will work good anytime? I lost all my files 3rd time even from premium account. but i'm wondering how many GB you have lost having Premium account all time? without premium account downloading big files from Giga is almost impossible. yesterday they cut my connection after 677 MB. and speed - it let only 35KB/s.

Date: May 31, 2008 12:29

X

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: May 31, 2008 12:29

Yes Urban, i think Kream is right, maybe has uploader Giga is good, but has a downloader is a bad place, basicly with Big Files, they delete all my files when i was premium without any explanation, then i hete Giga, in fact, Giga sucks! Since last year i'm Rapidshare premium and its a grat site to up/down files!! Even Megaupload is better, not so good uploading files, but with the soft to download i get speed faster than 500 Kb per second!!

In a word (or two): Giga sucks!

Martín

Date: May 31, 2008 13:26

after my few years of experiences with Gigasize i can tell, they have only one rule "You Pay and We will F#@& you"

they can do many difficulties for free users but they are only server which always reduced speed of download to 35KB/s. it's not fair. it's make impossible downloading of huge files. after last cleaning my account i've finished adventure with Gigasize. i lost my Premium account many earlier than it should be. i don't believe if they will work better whenever.

Rapidshare few years ago had a problems toobut now it's work very good. and keep files for long time.

i want to download "Steel Wheels Through Tokyo" but i lost my patience and i quit. 7 hours of downloading and 0 MB at disc. this is how work Gigasize.

Date: May 31, 2008 13:42

X

Date: May 31, 2008 14:14

UrbanSteel
If you wanna download my DVD files you need a premium account that's simple , all the free accounts are maximum 500 / 750 mb , and the vob files for my dvd's are 1.040 mb .

no Jos, it's not true

You have not any download limits for free account. There are limits only for uploading. I downloaded and finished 1 GB VOB files but i have to start many times. Server breaks connection after 200 MB or 600 MB or even 850 MB or anytime it wants to do it. You never know what will happen. Sometimes downloading big VOB file takes few days becase you have to start many times. And always from beginning. Rapidshare or even Megaupload let you download even over 100 KB/s for free account. Not always but many times i could see it.
M

Date: May 31, 2008 14:17

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:42 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: May 31, 2008 14:42

I think everyone has their favourites. Mine in order are:

1. Rapidshare
2. Megaupload
3. Gigasize

I prefer Rapidshare but the only downside is the 100mb file upload size restriction.

I have premium accounts with each of them and for downloading I can get speeds of 800-1000 kbps.

Gigasize sometimes messes up though and changes the file extension to html.

Date: May 31, 2008 16:12

Gentlemen, let me suggest you a simple way to upload bigest files:

Torrent files!

They are simple to use, no one has countries limits and everyone can chose which files want, that in case you don't want to download all the files of any CD/DVD.

There's a lot of open tracker, but a cool place i know to upload torrent files is [btjunkie.org] then all the fans can download it without register, just the person who upload the torrent file there can post an advice here and that's all!!

Martín

PS: Let me suggest include a "txt" file inside the torren with a text like:

If you are looking for more Rolling Stones music & video go to: [www.iorr.org]

If you search info about the Stones, go to [www.iorr.org]

It's Only Rock'n Roll
The Rolling Stones Fan Club
Since 1980 - IORR.org

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-05-31 16:18 by Argentino.

Date: May 31, 2008 16:19

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:41 by UrbanSteel.

Date: May 31, 2008 17:15

UrbanSteel
Argentino
Gentlemen, let me suggest you a simple way to upload bigest files:

Torrent files!

They are simple to use, no one has countries limits and everyone can chose which files want, that in case you don't want to download all the files of any CD/DVD.

There's a lot of open tracker, but a cool place i know to upload torrent files is [btjunkie.org] then all the fans can download it without register, just the person who upload the torrent file there can post an advice here and that's all!!

Martín

Martin ,

i prefer the upload and store page's , so that you have also a backup from and for your files .

Hi Jos,

I know, every host files server could be a kind of "backup" but that situation don't happen a site like Gigasize delete all your files, as Giga do with all my files and as Giga do with some of you files, or i'm wrong? So "maybe" a torrent could be a kind of backup too, but i prefer an external HD to keep storaged all my files!

Cheers,

Martín

Date: May 31, 2008 17:32

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-22 20:41 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Bierzo ()
Date: May 31, 2008 22:45

I´m with kream and Argentino, sorry Jos. You know perfectly all the troubles that I´m having with Giga to download your DVDs. In any case I confirm you than you can download them without a premium account after two o three tries. Strettonbull is also right. I wil not pay anymore a premium in Gigasize, because last time even been premium they limit me! I don´t believe anymore in Giga...

Posted by: dennisthemenace ()
Date: June 4, 2008 14:26

I Can't believe that people are actually complaining to UrbanSteel about GigaSize.
Of course the free account is slow and has a download limit.
But is it really too much to fork out €7,- for a month premium account to be able to download all his fantastic videos and CD's?

I just opened a premium account for a month and have no complaints whatsoever.
Admittedly it's not fast ,but very acceptable at a stable 500 Kb/sec per connection.It will allow two simultaneous downloads, so that means 2 Gig of video every 45 minutes or so.

UrbanSteel thanks for all your great work, and thanks for sharing the music with us.

Date: June 6, 2008 18:37

dennisthemenace
I Can't believe that people are actually complaining to UrbanSteel about GigaSize.
Of course the free account is slow and has a download limit.
But is it really too much to fork out €7,- for a month premium account to be able to download all his fantastic videos and CD's?

I just opened a premium account for a month and have no complaints whatsoever.
Admittedly it's not fast ,but very acceptable at a stable 500 Kb/sec per connection.It will allow two simultaneous downloads, so that means 2 Gig of video every 45 minutes or so.

UrbanSteel thanks for all your great work, and thanks for sharing the music with us.

Hey.. of course i and ALL OF US are happy with Urban's post.. but giga sucks.. that is a different cuestion... i was premium but Giga delete all my files without any explanation and when i was downloading something (as a premium, of course) i get sometimes broken files... and i was able to download only 2 files at the same time... with Rapidshare as premium user my personal record was 10 or 11 files at the same time... and faster... This is just my opinion, but i'm not against (or something like this) with the person who are sharing his files all the time..

Jos you are great! hot smiley

Martín

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-06-06 18:37 by Argentino.

Posted by: dennisthemenace ()
Date: June 7, 2008 19:49

Argentino, I understand, it must be a pain to get your files deleted after going through all the trouble of uploading them.
I noticed here on Iorr that almost all the older links to Gigashare files have been deleted as well (for example all the Gigasize posts here)
I've noticed as well through the Iorr posts that a free Rapidshare account has download speeds at 1,5 Mb/sec whereas a Gigashare premium account will not exceed 500 kb/sec.Thats three times as slow as Rapidshare.

Anyway; I've downloaded a couple of fantastic videos and almost all of UrbanSteel's live Cd's...
I've been driving my neighbours and girlfriend pretty insane this week blasting away the Stones winking smiley

UrbanSteel thanks a million,bedankt man, je bent een gouden gozer!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1907
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home