Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 51
Re: THE OFFICIAL "IT'S ON DIME" THREAD
Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: July 12, 2022 20:26

Jeff Beck Group
Pop at Laurel Festival
Laurel Race Course
Laurel, Maryland
July 12, 1969 (1969-07-12)

Unknown AUD Source

Tracks:
01. Rock My Plimsoul (9:10)
02. Hangman's Knee (3:00)
03. Blues Deluxe (4:42)
04. Beck's Boogie (1:20)

Comment:
Jeff Beck Group: Jeff Beck/Rod Stewart/Ron Wood/Tony Newman

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: July 21, 2022 04:03

Finished and up on DIME:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posting WT link for non Dime IORR members bottom of this post.

Notes from Dime:

The Rolling Stones
The Forum
Inglewood, CA
January 18th, 1973

Contrast Clause: This version has a known lineage from the original TMOQ vinyl and has been remastered.

The other version on the tracker is here:
[www.dimeadozen.org]
It has a longer lineage with possible unknowns and has been remastered.

Sources:
1/ Original Vinyl Rip Lineage (written by Silkcut 1978):
"Technics SL-1210MK2 with Shure M97 x E (MM) - DENON PMA-710 - direct source, no equalizing - capture with CoolEdit Pro 2.0 - de-crackle with Soundforge 9.0 - normalizing, fade-in and fade-out, track-splitting again with CE Pro 2.0 - flac with flac-frontend on a VM-machine with Windows XP as flac isn't running under Windows 7 (at least not on my PC) - correction of SBE's with Trader's Little Helper (thanks again, tjkrol)"

2/ Lineage for this Remaster
Above Flac Source > Wav > Amadeus Pro > Wav > Flac

Setlist:
00. Introduction
01. Brown Sugar
02. Bitch
03. Rocks Off
04. Gimme Shelter
05. Route 66
06. It's All Over Now
07. Happy
08. Tumbling Dice
09. No Expectations
10. Sweet Virginia
11. You Can't Always Get What You Want
12. Dead Flowers
13. Stray Cat Blues
14. Live With Me
15. All Down the Line
16. Rip This Joint
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. Street Fighting Man

LINE UP
Mick Jagger – lead vocals, harmonica
Keith Richards – guitar, backing vocals
Mick Taylor – guitar
Bill Wyman – bass guitar
Charlie Watts – drums
Nicky Hopkins – piano
Ian Stewart – piano
Bobby Keys – saxophones
Jim Price – trumpet, trombone

Known faults:
- Speed issue in “Sweet Virgina” that I could not improve, so I left it as is
- The last track of the show “Midnight Rambler” is missing from this release and has never appeared to my knowledge

This concert was performed to benefit victims of earthquake that happened in Nicaragua on December 23, 1972.

This is one of the magical bootlegs that sparked my interest at the very beginning. I saw it in the used record bins at independent record stores (Scorpio Records on West 4th in Vancouver) and eventually picked up a copy. This was one of many releases by Trademark of Quality (TMOQ) that had intriguing insert artwork by William Stout, the art adding even more to the mystery of where this thing had come from.

Years later I read about the history of TMOQ and the path of how this and other boots came about. Some good background on the story here:
[theamazingkornyfonelabel.wordpress.com]

The story of how William Stout began doing artwork for TMOQ here:
[wimwords.com]
There is also a nice scan of this releases inner sleeve artwork included in the above article.

This is one of my favorite Rolling Stones boots because of the set list and especially the version of Route 66. Ever since I heard this recording, I always hoped the original tape would appear in the same way that the “Liv’r Than You’ll Ever Be” (another TMOQ release) tapes did. I have read that the pressing plates and maybe the master tape for this gig were thrown into the Pacific Ocean in a moment of paranoia by the makers and that the only low gen sources of the show are the original vinyl pressings. I decided I should try to make a version that was more listenable for my own pleasure.

My vinyl copy has long disappeared. All CD boots come from the original TMOQ vinyl so that lineage is hazy, I looked for something with a known lineage and found Silkcut 78’s source through recommendations on the IORR message board.

This boot is a rabbit hole of discovery. Each of the four sides has its own dynamic range and surface noise issues from the original vinyl. Silkcut78 used a de-crackle process to clean up the audio to create a great archived TMOQ copy. For this project I wanted to try to remove as many of the surface noise issues, thumps, and clicks as possible. I joined the files into one giant track and set about denoising with heavy handed voodoo and witchcraft to see how far this thing could be pushed. The next step was trying to make it sound closer and find as much of Mick’s voice as I could (He is just lost in the live mix on Brown Sugar and later at the end of the concert). Charlie and Bill were challenges also and still lost at some points due to the original source limitations. Keith’s guitar is present but also lost at times because as those familiar with the recording Mick Taylor’s guitar is very upfront most of the show and buries the band at moments. There may have been some real PA audio issue also as Mick calls out the sound crew at a point so maybe it’s not just where the taper was positioned, perhaps the audience could not hear him either.

Last was trying to master this moving target. I played this back through many different environments, car, living room, headphones at home, and earphones walking around. Each time I tried to tweak something more it sounded to heavy on the low end or too bright in the highs, so I have settled on this mix as the best all around version. You may need to adjust it either way for your system and feel free to do so – this is for listening pleasure.

SPECIAL THANKS go out to Silkcut1978, Jaap, and Erik Snow for providing the vinyl transfer, and to the IORR community in general.

Here we are 49 years, 6 months, 2 days later, a celebration of this amazing release.

Soundboard
July 2022

[we.tl]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 21, 2022 13:07

Thanks!

But it is already Yesterday's Paper as on DIME goody announced to remaster your remaster...

Quote:

"I believe the source's turntable and/or tape deck was running quite fast... I'll get this tuned up, slowed down, and back out if that's OK..."

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: soundboard ()
Date: July 21, 2022 21:58

Rank Stranger
Thanks!

But it is already Yesterday's Paper as on DIME goody announced to remaster your remaster...

Quote:

"I believe the source's turntable and/or tape deck was running quite fast... I'll get this tuned up, slowed down, and back out if that's OK..."

eye rolling smiley

Yes – it is ironic

On the good side the release of this remaster on Dime allowed ears outside of our community to hear this, call-out the fact that one of our sources had flaws, and offer to fix it.
That is amazing to me.

These projects take so much work and the more qualified individuals involved the better the result.

Putting out something is the best way to get feedback and we are getting it here for sure.

As one of the alternate titles for this boot says “We All Benefit”.

Thanks for your input.
Soundboard

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 25, 2022 14:23

THE ROLLING STONES
July 23, 2022
Hippodrome ParisLongchamp
Paris, France

SETLIST (02:14:55)
-----------------
01) Street Fighting Man
02) 19th Nervous Breakdown
03) Tumbling Dice
04) Like a Rolling Stone
05) Out of Time
06) Wild Horses
07) You Can't Always Get What You Want
08) Living in a Ghost Town
09) Honky Tonk Women
10) You Got the Silver
11) Happy
12) Miss You
13) Midnight Rambler
14) Paint It Black
15) Start Me Up
16) Gimme Shelter
17) Jumpin' Jack Flash
18) Sympathy for the Devil
19) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

SOURCE (AUD#1)
-----------------

TRANSFER
-----------------
Zoom Q3HD -> USB cable -> Audacity -> CD Wave Editor

Recorded & Transferred by SonicDeath.
PLEASE DO NOT ENCODE TO MP3 OR SELL!

If anyone wants to make a remastered version of it, he is welcome.

Size 909.59 MB (953,774,435 bytes)
Added Mon 25th Jul, 2022 11:16 GMT

Upped by sonicdeath

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: stone3009 ()
Date: July 25, 2022 14:53

Hi dcba,

thank you for this thumbs up, but I don't have a subscription to dime and it seems close for new members.

Is an upload to WT possible?

That would be very nice. Thanks in Advance

stone3009

Posted by: wupperstein ()
Date: July 25, 2022 14:56

I can't sign up to dime. Who can please upload it to Wetransfer?
Thanx in advance.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 25, 2022 15:26

I can but it seems the sound is distant
so we can wait for a better recording

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: July 25, 2022 15:35

Hi toomuchforme,

I really don't know if a better recording will come soon. Would you be so kind as to upload this recording to WT for the waiting time? Thanks in advancethumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 25, 2022 16:24

Date: July 25, 2022 16:27

Here we go:

THE ROLLING STONES
July 23, 2022
Paris, France

[we.tl]
All kudos to original uploader "sonicdeath"

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: July 25, 2022 16:32

Thank you for this and from MEGA
smileys with beer

Date: July 25, 2022 19:11

Thanks to all for sharing thumbs up smileys with beer

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 25, 2022 19:28

to complete the list, fdajef is also on dime:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
Hippodrome Longchamp
Paris France
Saturday July 23, 2022

Lineage: Tascam DR-X50 (internal mics) > WAV (44.100) > FLAC > You
Recorded front row PIT B (Keith)

Thanks to werther2003 for uploading it there.

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: July 25, 2022 20:59

stone3009
Thanks to all for sharing thumbs up smileys with beer

X2

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 26, 2022 16:24

werther2003
Here we go:

THE ROLLING STONES
July 23, 2022
Paris, France

[we.tl]
All kudos to original uploader "sonicdeath"

Thank you!

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: July 26, 2022 19:01

I have optimized the recording of sonicdeath. The volume was very low and the channels were not equal, I have fixed this. I have also fixed some very high peaks of distortion noise or handclapping (no music!). Otherwise I have done nothing to the music which is very good as it is.

Here we go: [we.tl]

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 26, 2022 21:38

wiredallnight
I have optimized the recording of sonicdeath. The volume was very low and the channels were not equal, I have fixed this. I have also fixed some very high peaks of distortion noise or handclapping (no music!). Otherwise I have done nothing to the music which is very good as it is.

Thank you!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: July 26, 2022 21:58

Thanks WAN!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: July 27, 2022 01:21

Quique-stone
wiredallnight

Thank you!

yes thank you

Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: July 27, 2022 07:17

wiredallnight

Thanks.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 27, 2022 23:07

thumbs up

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: July 29, 2022 19:54

soundboard
Finished and up on DIME:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Notes from Dime:

The Rolling Stones
The Forum
Inglewood, CA
January 18th, 1973

Contrast Clause: This version has a known lineage from the original TMOQ vinyl and has been remastered.

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Sources:
"Technics SL-1210MK2 with Shure M97 x E (MM) - DENON PMA-710 - direct source, no equalizing - capture with CoolEdit Pro 2.0 - de-crackle with Soundforge 9.0 - normalizing, fade-in and fade-out, track-splitting again with CE Pro 2.0 - flac with flac-frontend on a VM-machine with Windows XP as flac isn't running under Windows 7 (at least not on my PC) - correction of SBE's with Trader's Little Helper (thanks again, tjkrol)"

Setlist:
00. Introduction
01. Brown Sugar
02. Bitch
03. Rocks Off
04. Gimme Shelter
05. Route 66
06. It's All Over Now
07. Happy
08. Tumbling Dice
09. No Expectations
10. Sweet Virginia
12. Dead Flowers
13. Stray Cat Blues
14. Live With Me
15. All Down the Line
16. Rip This Joint
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. Street Fighting Man

LINE UP
Mick Taylor – guitar
Bill Wyman – bass guitar
Charlie Watts – drums
Nicky Hopkins – piano
Ian Stewart – piano
Bobby Keys – saxophones

Known faults:
- The last track of the show “Midnight Rambler” is missing from this release and has never appeared to my knowledge

This concert was performed to benefit victims of earthquake that happened in Nicaragua on December 23, 1972.

This is one of the magical bootlegs that sparked my interest at the very beginning. I saw it in the used record bins at independent record stores (Scorpio Records on West 4th in Vancouver) and eventually picked up a copy. This was one of many releases by Trademark of Quality (TMOQ) that had intriguing insert artwork by William Stout, the art adding even more to the mystery of where this thing had come from.

Years later I read about the history of TMOQ and the path of how this and other boots came about. Some good background on the story here:

[wimwords.com]
There is also a nice scan of this releases inner sleeve artwork included in the above article.

This is one of my favorite Rolling Stones boots because of the set list and especially the version of Route 66. Ever since I heard this recording, I always hoped the original tape would appear in the same way that the “Liv’r Than You’ll Ever Be” (another TMOQ release) tapes did. I have read that the pressing plates and maybe the master tape for this gig were thrown into the Pacific Ocean in a moment of paranoia by the makers and that the only low gen sources of the show are the original vinyl pressings. I decided I should try to make a version that was more listenable for my own pleasure.

My vinyl copy has long disappeared. All CD boots come from the original TMOQ vinyl so that lineage is hazy, I looked for something with a known lineage and found Silkcut 78’s source through recommendations on the IORR message board.

This boot is a rabbit hole of discovery. Each of the four sides has its own dynamic range and surface noise issues from the original vinyl. Silkcut78 used a de-crackle process to clean up the audio to create a great archived TMOQ copy. For this project I wanted to try to remove as many of the surface noise issues, thumps, and clicks as possible. I joined the files into one giant track and set about denoising with heavy handed voodoo and witchcraft to see how far this thing could be pushed. The next step was trying to make it sound closer and find as much of Mick’s voice as I could (He is just lost in the live mix on Brown Sugar and later at the end of the concert). Charlie and Bill were challenges also and still lost at some points due to the original source limitations. Keith’s guitar is present but also lost at times because as those familiar with the recording Mick Taylor’s guitar is very upfront most of the show and buries the band at moments. There may have been some real PA audio issue also as Mick calls out the sound crew at a point so maybe it’s not just where the taper was positioned, perhaps the audience could not hear him either.

Last was trying to master this moving target. I played this back through many different environments, car, living room, headphones at home, and earphones walking around. Each time I tried to tweak something more it sounded to heavy on the low end or too bright in the highs, so I have settled on this mix as the best all around version. You may need to adjust it either way for your system and feel free to do so – this is for listening pleasure.

SPECIAL THANKS go out to Silkcut1978, Jaap, and Erik Snow for providing the vinyl transfer, and to the IORR community in general.

Here we are 49 years, 6 months, 2 days later, a celebration of this amazing release.

Soundboard
July 2022

[we.tl]

please, can someone repost

i was take care mamma in hospital, lost this download

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: July 29, 2022 20:29

gustavobala
soundboard
Finished and up on DIME:
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Notes from Dime:

The Rolling Stones
The Forum
Inglewood, CA
January 18th, 1973

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Sources:

Setlist:
00. Introduction
01. Brown Sugar
02. Bitch
03. Rocks Off
04. Gimme Shelter
05. Route 66
06. It's All Over Now
07. Happy
08. Tumbling Dice
09. No Expectations
10. Sweet Virginia
12. Dead Flowers
13. Stray Cat Blues
14. Live With Me
15. All Down the Line
16. Rip This Joint
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. Street Fighting Man

LINE UP
Mick Taylor – guitar
Bill Wyman – bass guitar
Charlie Watts – drums
Nicky Hopkins – piano
Ian Stewart – piano
Bobby Keys – saxophones

Known faults:

[wimwords.com]

Soundboard
July 2022

[we.tl]

please, can someone repost

i was take care mamma in hospital, lost this download

There you go [we.tl]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 29, 2022 21:34

smoking smiley

Posted by: gustavobala ()
Date: July 30, 2022 02:17

God bless gonzalo 76......thanx you

Date: July 31, 2022 15:16

The Rolling Stones
Veltins-Arena
Gelsenkirchen Germany
Wednesday July 27, 2022

AUD by Falo
Church Audio 14 > Zoom H2 > WAV (44.100) > FLAC > You

01 Opening
02 Street Fighting Man
03 Let's Spend The Night Together
04 Tumbling Dice
05 Out Of Time
06 Wild Horses
07 You Can't Always Get What You Want
08 Living In A Ghost Town
09 Honky Tonk Women
10 Band Introductions
11 Slipping Away
12 Connection
13 Miss You
14 Midnight Rambler
15 Paint it black
16 Start Me Up
17 Gimme Shelter
18 Jumping Jack Flash
19 Sympathy For The Devil
20 Satisfaction

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: August 5, 2022 21:59

Date: August 6, 2022 04:40

hj3009
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Thank you hj3009! Here the info from the link:

The Rolling Stones
WEDNESDAY August 3, 2022
Waldbühne
Berlin, Germany

SIXTY

Taper: ONE8UNG

Lineage: DPA 4061 -> Battery Box (Homemade) -> Tascam DR-2d (24/44.1) -> Adobe Audition CC -> iZotope RX 8 -> iZotope Ozone 9 -> CD Wave Editor -> TLH (flac level 8) -> MP3TAG

Setlist:

01-Charlie Watts Tribute
02-Street Fighting Man
03-All Down The Line
04-Tumbling Dice
05-Rocks Off
06-Out Of Time
07-Fool To Cry
08-You Can't Always Get What You Want
09-Living In A Ghost Town
10-Honky Tonk Women
11-You Got The Silver
12-Happy
13-Miss You
14-Midnight Rambler
15-Paint It Black
16-Start Me Up
17-Gimme Shelter
18-Jumpin' Jack Flash
19-Encore Break
20-Sympathy For The Devil
21-(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

- Do NOT post elsewhere or bootleg this recording, it is recorded with the intention of sharing it on the sites I select myself!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 6, 2022 09:03

DiegoGlimmerStones
hj3009
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Thank you hj3009! Here the info from the link:

The Rolling Stones
WEDNESDAY August 3, 2022
Waldbühne
Berlin, Germany

SIXTY

Taper: ONE8UNG

Lineage: DPA 4061 -> Battery Box (Homemade) -> Tascam DR-2d (24/44.1) -> Adobe Audition CC -> iZotope RX 8 -> iZotope Ozone 9 -> CD Wave Editor -> TLH (flac level 8) -> MP3TAG

Setlist:

01-Charlie Watts Tribute
02-Street Fighting Man
03-All Down The Line
04-Tumbling Dice
05-Rocks Off
06-Out Of Time
07-Fool To Cry
08-You Can't Always Get What You Want
09-Living In A Ghost Town
10-Honky Tonk Women
11-You Got The Silver
12-Happy
13-Miss You
14-Midnight Rambler
15-Paint It Black
16-Start Me Up
17-Gimme Shelter
18-Jumpin' Jack Flash
19-Encore Break
20-Sympathy For The Devil
21-(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

- Do NOT post elsewhere or bootleg this recording, it is recorded with the intention of sharing it on the sites I select myself!

one8ung i really hope you could consent to allowing this to be posted here on iorr

but i understand your concern about others using or profiting from your work in ways you don't approve of

perhaps if you give us a chance you'll find that we can respect your wishes in regard to how your recordings are used and shared

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-06 09:04 by ProfessorWolf.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home