Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 51
Re: THE OFFICIAL "IT'S ON DIME" THREAD
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 3, 2020 15:49

Here it is Marko :
[we.tl]

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: December 3, 2020 15:51

--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 15:52 by gonzalo76.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: December 3, 2020 16:03

Thanks Dcba,i´ve been sick past 6 weeks,so i´ve been out of everything lately.

Date: December 3, 2020 17:05

To cheer you up I suggest getting the Glasgow 2003 gig re-shared recently or (even better) the first Dublin night from the same tour.

The Landover 2002 concert is only so-so imo.

[EDIT :no Marko it's the old sources].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-03 18:55 by dcba.

Date: December 3, 2020 17:55

Are they new sources? I think mine are VGP or cdr´s from that time,will have to check.

Date: December 3, 2020 18:01

My Glasgow´s are from cdr´s sources,then Manchester is from "cdr" and other Manchester is VGP.

GLasgows are old audio-cd transfers done with Philipps stand-alone burner,which died in 2006 smiling smiley

Date: December 4, 2020 05:01

Hi guys I have a question

I'm new to Dime. I signed up but can not find where to click to download the torrent file. There is what looks like a link (for example rstones2002-10-04.csb.dime.torrent)
but it is not clickable. Anyone?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-04 05:07 by DiegoGlimmerStones.

Date: December 4, 2020 10:13

It's at the top of the page :

"Torrent file rstones2002-10-04.csb.dime.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)"

Date: December 4, 2020 21:35

"The New Barbarians
Knebworth Fair
Knebworth House
Knebworth
UK

August 11. 1979
Audience Master Tape

1. Sweet Little Rock & Roller (Chuck Berry cover)
2. F.U.C. Her (Ron Wood song)
3. Breathe on Me (Ron Wood song)
4. I Can Feel the Fire (Ron Wood song)
5. Let's Go Steady Again
6. Worried Life Blues (Big Maceo cover)
7. Honky Tonk Women (The Rolling Stones cover)
8. Come to Realise (Ron Wood song)
9. Am I Grooving You (Freddie Scott cover)
10. Seven Days (Bob Dylan cover)
11. Before They Make Me Run (The Rolling Stones cover)
12. Jumpin' Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones cover)

Ron Wood Guitar Harmonica Pedal Steel Guitar Vocals
Keith Richards Guitar Piano Vocals
Phil Chen Bass
Ian McLagan Piano Organ Backing Vocals
Bobby Keys Saxophone
Joseph Modeliste Drums

Going through my old master tapes, here is another oldie but goodie, I have transferred the master tape and adjusted the volume. I have also cut out some audience "banter" between songs that you don't want to hear.
I borrowed a "portable" tape deck from a friend and took it in complete with spare batteries and a sack full of tapes. I remember seeing a reel to reel with twin mic's on stands and a huge car sized battery. Security? it was manned by the Legalise Cannabis Campaign.

When they finished I rewound the tape a bit and pushed play to see how it had come out. Heads spun round as the volume was up high and a Canadian came over and we swopped details. He also got his friend to contact me who ran a record store. That was the start of an expensive relationship.

Size 398.70 MB (418,068,638 bytes)
Added Fri 04th Dec, 2020 18:53 GMT

Upped by hawkwind

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Date: December 4, 2020 22:52

dcba
It's at the top of the page :

"Torrent file rstones2002-10-04.csb.dime.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)"
Thank you my friend

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: December 5, 2020 01:35

"The New Barbarians
Knebworth Fair
Knebworth House
Knebworth
UK

August 11. 1979
Audience Master Tape

1. Sweet Little Rock & Roller (Chuck Berry cover)
2. F.U.C. Her (Ron Wood song)
3. Breathe on Me (Ron Wood song)
4. I Can Feel the Fire (Ron Wood song)
5. Let's Go Steady Again
6. Worried Life Blues (Big Maceo cover)
7. Honky Tonk Women (The Rolling Stones cover)
8. Come to Realise (Ron Wood song)
9. Am I Grooving You (Freddie Scott cover)
10. Seven Days (Bob Dylan cover)
11. Before They Make Me Run (The Rolling Stones cover)
12. Jumpin' Jack Flash (The Rolling Stones cover)

Ron Wood Guitar Harmonica Pedal Steel Guitar Vocals
Keith Richards Guitar Piano Vocals
Phil Chen Bass
Ian McLagan Piano Organ Backing Vocals
Bobby Keys Saxophone
Joseph Modeliste Drums

Going through my old master tapes, here is another oldie but goodie, I have transferred the master tape and adjusted the volume. I have also cut out some audience "banter" between songs that you don't want to hear.
I borrowed a "portable" tape deck from a friend and took it in complete with spare batteries and a sack full of tapes. I remember seeing a reel to reel with twin mic's on stands and a huge car sized battery. Security? it was manned by the Legalise Cannabis Campaign.

When they finished I rewound the tape a bit and pushed play to see how it had come out. Heads spun round as the volume was up high and a Canadian came over and we swopped details. He also got his friend to contact me who ran a record store. That was the start of an expensive relationship.

Size 398.70 MB (418,068,638 bytes)
Added Fri 04th Dec, 2020 18:53 GMT

Upped by hawkwind

[wetransfer.com]
Good for 7 days
Thanks to the taper and uploader.

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: December 5, 2020 13:08

Thank you for WT and...
smileys with beer

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:30

The Rolling Stones - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada 1972-06-03 - Center Coliseum, Seattle, WA 1972-06-04 (2nd show)
Here Come The Rolling Stones [EAT 12/13/14]

Rating: A-.
Artwork included.

CD1
__Vancouver__
01 Brown Sugar
02 Rocks Off
03 Gimme Shelter
04 Bitch
05 Tumbling Dice
06 Happy
07 Honky Tonk Women
08 Loving Cup
09 Torn And Frayed
10 Sweet Virginia
11 You Can't Always Get What You Want
12 Ventilator Blues

CD2
13 Midnight Rambler
14 All Down The Line
15 Bye Bye Johnny
16 Rip This Joint
17 Jumping Jack Flash
18 Street Fighting Man
__Seattle__
19 intro
20 Brown Sugar
21 Bitch
22 Rocks Off
23 Gimme Shelter
24 The Loveliest Night Of The Year
25 Happy
26 Tumbling Dice

CD3
27 Love In Vain
28 Sweet Virginia
29 Loving Cup
30 Band intro
31 You Can't Always Get What You Want
32 All Down The Line
33 Midnight Rambler
34 Midnight Rambler
35 Bye Bye Johnny
36 Rip This Joint
37 Jumping Jack Flash
38 Street Fighting Man

Total Time: 2h:57m:28s.
[dbboots.com]

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: December 7, 2020 20:36

werther2003
The Rolling Stones - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada 1972-06-03 - Center Coliseum, Seattle, WA 1972-06-04 (2nd show)
Here Come The Rolling Stones [EAT 12/13/14]

Rating: A-.
Artwork included.

CD1
__Vancouver__
01 Brown Sugar
02 Rocks Off
03 Gimme Shelter
04 Bitch
05 Tumbling Dice
06 Happy
07 Honky Tonk Women
08 Loving Cup
09 Torn And Frayed
10 Sweet Virginia
11 You Can't Always Get What You Want
12 Ventilator Blues

CD2
13 Midnight Rambler
14 All Down The Line
15 Bye Bye Johnny
16 Rip This Joint
17 Jumping Jack Flash
18 Street Fighting Man
__Seattle__
19 intro
20 Brown Sugar
21 Bitch
22 Rocks Off
23 Gimme Shelter
24 The Loveliest Night Of The Year
25 Happy
26 Tumbling Dice

CD3
27 Love In Vain
28 Sweet Virginia
29 Loving Cup
30 Band intro
31 You Can't Always Get What You Want
32 All Down The Line
33 Midnight Rambler
34 Midnight Rambler
35 Bye Bye Johnny
36 Rip This Joint
37 Jumping Jack Flash
38 Street Fighting Man

Total Time: 2h:57m:28s.
[dbboots.com]
for info, I posted my silvers on IORR years ago
[iorr.org]

Date: December 7, 2020 21:42

Is that worth having?

Date: December 7, 2020 21:44

Imho no it must come from the D&D torrents which were shared a few years ago.

Date: December 7, 2020 21:56

Quality wise anything new?

Posted by: dph ()
Date: December 24, 2020 20:04

I put this up on Dime earlier today. Parts of it came from the Stonesvault. They are having freeloader days through Jan. 1, meaning a download won't count against your total.

The Rolling Stones - Live Rarities 1972-1973

This is a compilation of rarely played songs from the Stones' prime era. I made it for my own enjoyment but thought it might be of interest to others, so here it is. Presented in FLAC 1.3.1 and 1.3.3. 500x500 pixel front cover art is embedded in each track. There is no back cover art because I don't burn CDs anymore.

01. Loving Cup
02. Torn and Frayed
03. Ventilator Blues
04. Sweet Black Angel
05. Don't Lie to Me
06. Route 66
07. It’s All Over Now
08. 100 Years Ago
09. Silver Train
10. Down Home Girl

Tracks 1-3 recorded June 3, 1972, Vancouver, Canada. Source is audience recording 1st gen reels, lightly equalized by me. First show of the tour, and the Stones are trying out various songs. These songs were soon dropped.

Track 4 recorded June 24, 1972, 1st show, Fort Worth, Texas. Source is audience recording, probably from the master, from "Ain't No Angel On Main Street," VGP-133.

Track 5 recorded June 24, 1972, 2nd show, Fort Worth, Texas. Source is stereo soundboard recording, from "Plug In Flush Out," VGP-259. The Stones filmed and recorded both shows in Fort Worth and the next night in Houston for "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones." They tried out a couple new songs in Fort Worth but both of these have obvious mistakes and didn't make the the movie. No recordings of the Houston shows have surfaced. Interesting speculation here: [stoneslib4.homestead.com].

Track 6 recorded January 18, 1973, Los Angeles, California. Source is audience recording from TMOQ first pressing vinyl, transferred and lightly equalized by me. This tape does not circulate and all post-TMOQ releases are sourced from vinyl. Nicaragua was hit by a devastating earthquake on Dec. 23, 1972, and this was a benefit concert prior to the Stones heading to Hawaii to start their Pacific tour. This song was quickly dropped from the set list.

Track 7 recorded January 22, 1973, 2nd show, Honolulu, Hawaii, from "Blue Hawaii," VGP-212. Source is another TMOQ audience recording; this is one of their few tapes that circulate. This recording is much better than the one in LA. This song was quickly dropped from the set list after a few shows.

Tracks 8-9 recorded September 1, 1973, Vienna, Austria, from "Goodnight Vienna," VGP-009. Source is a low generation audience recording. Once again, this is the first show of the tour, and the Stones are trying out various songs. These songs were soon dropped.

Track 10 recorded July 5, 1969, Hyde Park, London, England. Obviously not a 1972-1973 rarity, this song is actually from a separate project but I wanted to include it here as a bonus track. This is a stereo matrix of two different low generation audience recordings, possibly master recordings. Left channel, Radio Veronica broadcast from download; right channel "In the Park" (Scorpio) pitch corrected/slowed down 0.1% to match. This concert is well documented on the movie "The Stones in the Park" and was also mostly broadcast on its 10th anniversary by WLIR FM, but this song was not in the movie or broadcast. Surprisingly the two analog tape recorders stay in sync for the entire song.

First uploaded to Dime by watchit 12/24/2020.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: December 27, 2020 12:52

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Download link: [we.tl]
valid 3 Januari, 2021

Thanks to mjk5510 for uploading !!!!

A.R.M.S. Concert
The Forum
Inglewood, CA
December 6, 1983
Mike Millard First Generation Tapes via JEMS
The Lost and Found Mike the MICrophone Tapes Volume 65

Recording Gear: AKG 451E Microphones (CK-1 cardioid capsules) > Nakamichi 550 Cassette Recorder

Transfer: Mike Millard First Generation Cassettes > Nakamichi CR-7A (azimuth adjustment; Dolby On) > Sound Devices USBPre 2 > Audacity 2.0 capture > iZotope RX8 > iZotope Ozone 8 > Audacity > TLH > FLAC

ERIC CLAPTON
01 Everybody Oughta Make A Change
02 Lay Down Sally
03 Wonderful Tonight
04 Rita Mae
05 Sad Sad Day
06 Have You Ever Loved A Woman?
07 Ramblin' On My Mind
08 Cocaine

JOE COCKER
09 Don't Talk To Me
10 Watching The River Flow
11 Worried Life Blues
12 You Are So Beautiful
13 Seven Days
14 Feelin' Alright

JEFF BECK
15 Star Cycle
16 The Pump
17 Definitely Maybe
18 Blue Wind
19 People Get Ready
20 Going Down

JIMMY PAGE
21 Prelude
22 Who's To Blame
23 City Sirens
24 Boogie Mama
25 Midnight Moonlight
26 Stairway To Heaven

ALL-STAR FINALE
27 Layla
28 With A Little Help From My Friends
29 April Fool (Ronnie Lane)
30 Goodnight Irene (Ronnie Lane)

Known Fualts:
-Everybody Oughta Make A Change: joined in progress

Introduction to the Lost and Found Mike the MICrophone Series

Welcome to JEMS’ Lost and Found Mike the MICrophone series presenting recordings made by legendary taper Mike Millard, AKA Mike the MICrophone, best known for his masters of Led Zeppelin done in and around Los Angeles circa 1975-77. For the complete details on how tapes in this series came to be lost and found again, as well as JEMS' long history with Mike Millard, please refer to the notes in Vol. One: [www.dimeadozen.org].

Until 2020, the Lost and Found series presented fresh transfers of previously unavailable first-generation copies made by Mike himself for friends like Stan Gutoski of JEMS, Jim R, Bill C. and Barry G. These sources were upgrades to circulating copies and in most instances marked the only time verified first generation Millard sources had been directly digitized in the torrent era.

That all changed with the discovery of many of Mike Millard’s original master tapes.

Yes, you read that correctly, Mike Millard’s master cassettes, long rumored to be destroyed or lost, have been found. Not all of them but many, and with them a much more complete picture has emerged of what Millard recorded between his first show in late 1973 and his last in early 1992.

The reason the rediscovery of his master tapes is such a revelation is that we’ve been told for decades they were gone. Internet myths suggest Millard destroyed his master tapes before taking his own life, an imprudent detail likely concocted based on the assumption that because his master tapes never surfaced and Mike’s mental state was troubled he would do something rash WITH HIS LIFE’S WORK. There’s also a version of the story where Mike’s family dumps the tapes after he dies. Why would they do that?

The truth is Mike’s masters remained in his bedroom for many years after his death in 1994. We know at least a few of Millard’s friends and acquaintances contacted his mother Lia inquiring about the tapes at the time to no avail. But in the early 2000s, longtime Millard friend Rob S was the one she knew and trusted enough to preserve Mike’s work.

The full back story on how Mike’s master tapes were saved can be found in the notes for Vol. 18 Pink Floyd, which was the first release in our series transferred from Millard’s original master tapes:

[www.dimeadozen.org]...
[www.dimeadozen.org]...

A.R.M.S Concert, The Forum, Inglewood, CA, December 6, 1983

We close out a horrible year in general but a remarkable year as it relates to legendary taper Mike "The Mike" Millard with what we hope is another special release from his incredible archive of master recordings: The A.R.M.S. Concert at the Forum on December 6, 1983.

These special shows united the three legendary guitarists from the Yardbirds--Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton--plus Joe Cocker and an all-star backing band to benefit Action Into Research for Multiple Sclerosis. Small Faces/Faces bassist Ronnie Lane suffered from MS and was the catalyst for pulling the incredible line-up together. The original benefit gig took place in London, followed by nine U.S. dates spread across Dallas, San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York.

Mike and Jim were in the crowd for the second night in LA, and as we alluded to in our Vol. 63 release of Steve Winwood, the A.R.M.S. show proved to be the last recording Mike would make for four and a half years until Winwood in '88, as he retired from taping, the specific impetus for which we're still trying to sort out.

In fact, Mike hadn't recorded a concert since September 1983. Though we are as yet unable to corroborate details, it has been suggested (through admittedly fuzzy memories) an incident took place at a Robert Plant show that may have contributed to Millard hanging up his mics. But then why record again in December? It is pure speculation on our part, but the line-up for the A.R.M.S. show may have been just too special to miss, so Mike elected to go out on a high note and risk it one last time.

Beyond the guitar heroes, the US A.R.M.S. shows featured Joe Cocker, Paul Rodgers and a backing band that included the Stones' Bill Wyman and Charlie Watts, Andy Fairweather Low, Ray Cooper, Kenny Jones, Jan Hammer, Simon Phillips, Chris Stainton, Ian Stewart and Fernando Saunders.

Clapton, Cocker, Beck and Page played their own mini-sets, Clapton playing familiar classics, Beck mixing in a little fusion and Page drawing from the Death Wish II soundtrack, plus his set-closing instrumental version of "Stairway to Heaven." Page's performance also featured Paul Rodgers, with whom he would go on to form The Firm. The finale was led by Clapton and Cocker, then Lane took over for "April Fool" and "Goodnight Irene."

It seems the December 6 show is the rarest of the domestic A.R.M.S. performances in the collecting world. The extant recording of the complete show is mediocre, and a higher quality partial version (Mike's recording perhaps?) only has the Page set + "Layla."

This should be the first release of Mike's complete recording, transferred from first generation cassettes he dubbed for Ed F, another close friend in Mike's circle of taping and concert-going friends.

Mike's capture is excellent, with up-close sound and wide fidelity. The only quibble is beyond his control, which is the use of multiple drummers and percussionists results in an occasionally busy mix. Samples provided.

Here's what Jim R recalled at the A.R.M.S Show on December 6:

I attended the A.R.M.S. Benefit concert with Mike Millard at The Forum on Dec 6, 1983.
This was well after the wheelchair era. Our equipment was smuggled via a "tip" to a security staff member.

If memory serves, we sat around the 5th row center on the floor. This can't be verified since my ticket stub is heat damaged and not readable. I happened to notice the heat damage after the show and while we were still on the floor, I found a Loge ticket stub lying on the ground and picked it up to include in my collection.

This concert interrupted the beginning of Mike's multi-year retirement from taping, but as a one-off show with an all-star line-up, the temptation was too great. Come on, Page, Clapton and Beck on the same bill? We had to at least try to tape it. And we were successful.

It was a fun night seeing each major artist take their turn. The instrumental "Stairway," followed by "Layla" was worth the price of admission alone.

I hope you enjoy the recording.

As BK writes, Mike retired from taping for several years after this show. Beyond speculation about a specific incident, I can think of several factors that could have influenced Mike to stop. Thanks to scalpers, tickets were getting very expensive and as we got older with full-time jobs, we couldn't camp out for tickets. So Millard's relatively modest income as an A/V clerk at a small college made it challenging to buy the seats he wanted. Also, the absence of a taping buddy with the financial means to purchase tickets and help Mike record at the venue is another factor. In the middle of Mike's retirement period, around the end of 1985, I stopped going to concerts due to health reasons, so Mike lost me as a taping buddy.

In addition, the Nakamichi 550 was breaking down a lot and expensive repairs were frequently needed.

In terms of Mike getting busted, while I don't recall one specific event, there is no doubt Mike was getting pretty well known as a taper by the security company that was hired at most of the venues in the LA area. In late 1983, Mike the Mike was a marked man.

###

JEMS is proud to join with Rob, Jim R, Barry G, Ed F and others to release Millard's historic recordings and to help set the record straight about the man himself.

We can’t thank Rob enough for reconnecting with Jim and putting his trust in our Millard reissue campaign. He kept Mike’s precious tapes under wraps for two decades, but once Rob learned of our methods and stewardship, he agreed to contribute the Millard DATs and cassettes to the program. Our releases would not be nearly as compelling without Jim’s memories, photos and other background contributions. As many of you have noted, the stories offer an entertaining complement to Mike’s incredible audio documents.

We close out 2020 with several thank you, first and foremost to Rob and Jim R, for their partnership over the last 12 months. That we have reached Vol. 65 in our Millard series is nothing short of amazing and we have them to thank. Better still, this is but year one in what will be a multi-year campaign. And tapes or no tapes, they have become good friends. Shout outs to Barry, Ed and others who have contributed their stories and tapes as well. Professor Goody also chipped in many pitch checks and on occasion some heavy heavy lifting to ensure these recordings are presented to you in the best possible quality. Slipkid68 is always in the JEMS mix, carrying the always important Who torch among other artists. Finally, the unwavering work of mjk5510 is the engine behind the entire JEMS team. Without him, our output would be sporadic at best. He is the JEMS MVP 2020.

Because this is the final Millard release of the year we wanted to do something extra special and our pal JR created wonderful original cover art for this release. She's a student of vintage bootleg LP design like the work of William Stout, who drew many of the original TMOQ cover inserts. Her A.R.M.S. cover is an homage to the colored paper artwork that adorned so many early bootleg vinyl classics, but in her own marvelous style. Thank you, JR.

Finally, cheers to the late, great Mike the MICrophone. His work never ceases to impress. May he rest in peace.

BK for JEMS

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:23

dph
I put this up on Dime earlier today. Parts of it came from the Stonesvault. They are having freeloader days through Jan. 1, meaning a download won't count against your total.

The Rolling Stones - Live Rarities 1972-1973

This is a compilation of rarely played songs from the Stones' prime era. I made it for my own enjoyment but thought it might be of interest to others, so here it is. Presented in FLAC 1.3.1 and 1.3.3. 500x500 pixel front cover art is embedded in each track. There is no back cover art because I don't burn CDs anymore.

01. Loving Cup
02. Torn and Frayed
03. Ventilator Blues
04. Sweet Black Angel
05. Don't Lie to Me
06. Route 66
07. It’s All Over Now
08. 100 Years Ago
09. Silver Train
10. Down Home Girl

Tracks 1-3 recorded June 3, 1972, Vancouver, Canada. Source is audience recording 1st gen reels, lightly equalized by me. First show of the tour, and the Stones are trying out various songs. These songs were soon dropped.

Track 4 recorded June 24, 1972, 1st show, Fort Worth, Texas. Source is audience recording, probably from the master, from "Ain't No Angel On Main Street," VGP-133.

Track 5 recorded June 24, 1972, 2nd show, Fort Worth, Texas. Source is stereo soundboard recording, from "Plug In Flush Out," VGP-259. The Stones filmed and recorded both shows in Fort Worth and the next night in Houston for "Ladies and Gentlemen, the Rolling Stones." They tried out a couple new songs in Fort Worth but both of these have obvious mistakes and didn't make the the movie. No recordings of the Houston shows have surfaced. Interesting speculation here: [stoneslib4.homestead.com].

Track 6 recorded January 18, 1973, Los Angeles, California. Source is audience recording from TMOQ first pressing vinyl, transferred and lightly equalized by me. This tape does not circulate and all post-TMOQ releases are sourced from vinyl. Nicaragua was hit by a devastating earthquake on Dec. 23, 1972, and this was a benefit concert prior to the Stones heading to Hawaii to start their Pacific tour. This song was quickly dropped from the set list.

Track 7 recorded January 22, 1973, 2nd show, Honolulu, Hawaii, from "Blue Hawaii," VGP-212. Source is another TMOQ audience recording; this is one of their few tapes that circulate. This recording is much better than the one in LA. This song was quickly dropped from the set list after a few shows.

Tracks 8-9 recorded September 1, 1973, Vienna, Austria, from "Goodnight Vienna," VGP-009. Source is a low generation audience recording. Once again, this is the first show of the tour, and the Stones are trying out various songs. These songs were soon dropped.

Track 10 recorded July 5, 1969, Hyde Park, London, England. Obviously not a 1972-1973 rarity, this song is actually from a separate project but I wanted to include it here as a bonus track. This is a stereo matrix of two different low generation audience recordings, possibly master recordings. Left channel, Radio Veronica broadcast from download; right channel "In the Park" (Scorpio) pitch corrected/slowed down 0.1% to match. This concert is well documented on the movie "The Stones in the Park" and was also mostly broadcast on its 10th anniversary by WLIR FM, but this song was not in the movie or broadcast. Surprisingly the two analog tape recorders stay in sync for the entire song.

First uploaded to Dime by watchit 12/24/2020.

Can someone share this rarely played song compilation here, please? TIA

Posted by: gonzalo76 ()
Date: December 29, 2020 22:55

Quique-stone
dph

Just a minute please...

[we.tl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-29 23:00 by gonzalo76.

Date: December 29, 2020 23:19

gonzalo76
Quique-stone
dph

Just a minute please...

[we.tl]

GREAT!
Thanks a lot Gonzalo! You rock man! thumbs up

Posted by: werther2003 ()
Date: December 31, 2020 13:04

... This is the unprocessed 1st Gen tape courtesy of the Freezer archive:

Artist: The Rolling Stones
Date: July 11, 1972
Venue: Rubber Bowl, Akron, Ohio
Size: 503 MB
Qualty: EX-Unprocessed Stereo AUD Recording From 1972
Source: ANA(M) > CASS(1) [1xMaxell UD 90; 1xMaxell UD 60]
Taper: Unknown

[www.dimeadozen.org]

[we.tl]

setlist:

001 Brown Sugar
002 Bitch
003 Rocks Off
004 Gimme Shelter
005 Happy
006 Tumbling Dice
007 Love in Vain
008 Sweet Virginia
009 You Can't Always Get What You Want
010 All Down the Line
011 Midnight Rambler
012 Bye Bye Johnny
013 Rip This Joint
014 Jumpin' Jack Flash
015 Street Fighting Man

Freezer Notes: "Received in trade from original taper in early 70s, mastered to CDr in 2002, and sent to rollingstonesboots, a
Yahoo trade group run by rmisra. Bootlegged with the life EQ'd out of it.

Now available again unprocessed by some bootleg company, that also added much hiss to their commercial silver. Get it here
and now, unprocessed, before some fool decides to remaster it."

PA cuts out several times during "Tumbling Dice."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-12-31 13:17 by werther2003.

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: January 1, 2021 01:12

Thank you for the Mobile show.

Posted by: Antonio218 ()
Date: January 2, 2021 13:25

Many Thanks werther. Much appreciated.Happy New Year for all

Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: January 2, 2021 14:21

werther2003
... This is the unprocessed 1st Gen tape courtesy of the Freezer archive:

Artist: The Rolling Stones
Date: July 11, 1972
Venue: Rubber Bowl, Akron, Ohio
Size: 503 MB
Qualty: EX-Unprocessed Stereo AUD Recording From 1972
Source: ANA(M) > CASS(1) [1xMaxell UD 90; 1xMaxell UD 60]
Taper: Unknown

[www.dimeadozen.org]

[we.tl]

setlist:

001 Brown Sugar
002 Bitch
003 Rocks Off
004 Gimme Shelter
005 Happy
006 Tumbling Dice
007 Love in Vain
008 Sweet Virginia
009 You Can't Always Get What You Want
010 All Down the Line
011 Midnight Rambler
012 Bye Bye Johnny
013 Rip This Joint
014 Jumpin' Jack Flash
015 Street Fighting Man

Freezer Notes: "Received in trade from original taper in early 70s, mastered to CDr in 2002, and sent to rollingstonesboots, a
Yahoo trade group run by rmisra. Bootlegged with the life EQ'd out of it.

Now available again unprocessed by some bootleg company, that also added much hiss to their commercial silver. Get it here
and now, unprocessed, before some fool decides to remaster it."

PA cuts out several times during "Tumbling Dice."
thanks a lot to take the relay for us!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 31, 2021 11:33

The Rolling Stones
March 29, 1966 [1966-03-29]
early and late shows
The Olympia Theatre
Paris, France

from “sound quality challenged” radio broadcast recordings. Please check the samples to get an idea of the quality. The cuts in are due to very annoying French DJ talk which has been edited out as much as possible without removing too many notes of music. Many dropouts and level changes were repaired seamlessly.

Lineage: unknown generation off-air reels > (unknown transfer info) > CD > Macintosh Pro Tools (“nip and tuck” edits, normalization and tracking - no EQ or DNR) > AIFF files > xACT (Flac level 8 files, tagges with sector boundaries verified).

early show - 32:58
01 [cuts in] The Last Time 0:30
02 Mercy Mercy 2:18
03 She Said Yeah 1:46
04 [cuts in] Play With Fire 0:41
05 [cuts in on first notes] Not Fade Away 1:58
06 [cuts in on first notes] That's How Strong My Love Is 2:08
07 [cuts in] I'm Moving On 2:30
08 The Spider And The Fly 2:42
09 [cuts in] Time Is On My Side 0:44
10 19th Nervous Breakdown 3:48
11 Around & Around 2:17
12 Get Off Of My Cloud 2:52
13 I'm Alright 3:01
14 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 5:43

late show - 34:29
15 The Last Time 3:00
16 Mercy Mercy 2:22
17 She Said Yeah 1:46
18 [cuts in near beginning] Play With Fire 2:03
19 Not Fade Away 1:56
20 [cuts in] The Spider & The Fly 2:45
21 Time Is On My Side 3:00
22 19th Nervous Breakdown 3:47
23 [cuts in] Get Off Of My Cloud 3:07
24 I'm Alright 4:19
25 (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction 6:24
total - 67:27

Notes [grner1 - 2021-01-30]: I have had many disappointing quality versions of these two shows and this is remastered from the best I have found. Some versions were longer than others so the quality changes as the sources have been merged together.
Please support the artists any way that you can.
Enjoy and SHARE!
Size 307.76 MB (322,705,435 bytes)
Added Sun 31st Jan, 2021 08:23 GMT
Snatched 34 time(s)
Upped by grner1
Num files 28 files

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2021-01-31 11:34 by Rank Stranger.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 31, 2021 11:46

As seen above, Paris '66 from DIME for one week:

[ydray.com]

Date: February 1, 2021 00:50

Vielen Dank Hans-Jo! smileys with beer

Date: February 1, 2021 12:55

Rank Stranger
As seen above, Paris '66 from DIME for one week:

[ydray.com]

Thank you!

Additional info provided by Dime member Watchit :

"The late show (and possibly the early show which sounds like source D) is based on the fan made release "Musicorama Mixdown." Here are its sources, which explains the differences in sound quality between songs.

CD2, first 9 tracks are Paris 4/11/67, then:
10. The Last Time C
11. Mercy Mercy E, F
12. She Said Yeah F
13. Play With Fire F
14. Not Fade Away E
15. The Spider And The Fly F, E
16. Time Is On My Side F
17. 19th Nervous Breakdown C
18. Hang On Sloopy Theme/ Get Off Of My Cloud C
19. I’m Alright F, E
20. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction C*, E

sources:
A Rebroadcast – VGP’s “A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss” EX quality
B Original Broadcast – VGP’s “A Rolling Stone Gathers No Moss” VG/VG+ quality
C Rebroadcast – Tape Source EX+ quality
D Original Broadcast – Hot Lips’ “@#$%&’ and Suckin’,” (Pitch Corrected & Equalized) G+ quality
E Original Broadcast – VGP’s “Ready Steady Stones” VG- quality
F Original Broadcast – Bad Wizard’s “Down The Road Apiece” (Equalized) VG quality"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2021-02-01 13:01 by dcba.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2829303132333435363738...LastNext
Current Page: 33 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home