Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 51
Re: THE OFFICIAL "IT'S ON DIME" THREAD
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 27, 2019 23:59

Hi guys, what about Chicago #2??

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: June 30, 2019 16:58

[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
June 25, 2019
Soldier Field
Chicago, Illinois

Source: Sound Professionals CMC-08s (AT943s)->SP-SB10->Roland R05->
Audacity->CDWave->TLH
Taper: ironchef

Total time: 128:38

01. Jumpin' Jack Flash
02. It's Only Rock 'n' Roll (But I Like It)
03. Tumbling Dice
04. Bitch
05. Ride 'em on Down
06. Monkey Man (fan request)
07. You Can't Always Get What You Want
B-Stage / Acoustic:
08. Play With Fire
09. Sweet Virginia
10. Sympathy for the Devil
11. Honky Tonk Women
12. band introductions
13. Slipping Away
14. Before They Make Me Run
15. Miss You
16. Midnight Rambler false start
17. Paint It Black
18. Midnight Rambler
19. Start Me Up
20. Brown Sugar
21. encore break
22. Gimme Shelter
23. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Notes: I held off on uploading this since I thought a better version might
have appeared by now. Overall, this turned out fine. There's a little chatter
in places, but it's not overpowering. I was up in section 306 which is fairly high up
on the artist's left side, but it was only the second section out from the stage, so I
was reasonably close to the stage left PA stack. This is the second show of the
tour, and to me the band seemed better prepared and more rehearsed than when I saw
the second show of the Zip Code tour four years ago (despite the screw up with somebody
starting "Midnight Rambler" at the wrong point). As they were starting to make their way
out to the "B" stage, Mick reminded the crowd of the double doink field goal miss at the end
of last season, and I about fell out of my chair laughing at that one. Love it! There's a bit of
phasing at times due to the wind, but it's not persistent. Enjoy!

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: July 1, 2019 10:16

[www.dimeadozen.org]
Rolling Stones
Soldier Field
Chicago, Illinois
June 25, 2019
Upped by ademotte

Source: DPA 4060 => Tascam DR-2D (24-bit)
Transfer: DR-2D => WAV => Magix Audio Cleaning Lab => WAV => FLAC (level 8, dithered to 16-bit)

Location: Field, ~30 feet from stage in line with left speaker stack

Contrast clause:
- A 24-bit version of this file set is available here: [www.dimeadozen.org]
- An alternate capture (different rig, different taper, different location) is available here: [www.dimeadozen.org]

Setlist:

(1) Jumping Jack Flash (4:22)
(2) It's Only Rock and Roll (5:02)
(3) Tumbling Dice (4:29)
(4) Banter (0:36)
(5) Bitch (4:36)
(6) Banter (0:40)
(7) Ride 'Em On Down (2:55)
(8) Banter (0:54)
(9) Monkey Man (4:48)
(10) You Can't Always Get What You Want (9:22)
(11) Play With Fire (3:21)
(12) Sweet Virginia (4:43)
(13) Sympathy For The Devil (6:53)
(14) Honky Tonk Women (4:28)
(15) Band introductions (4:33)
(16) Slipping Away (6:07)
(17) Before They Make Me Run (4:32)
(18) Miss You (8:51)
(19) Midnight Rambler (false start) (0:59)
(20) Paint It Black (5:23)
(21) Midnight Rambler (12:04)
(22) Start Me Up (4:23)
(23) Brown Sugar (5:41)
(24) Encore break (2:29)
(25) Gimme Shelter (6:43)
(26) (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (7:19)

Md5 and ffp signature files are included. Sorry, no artwork (feel free to make some)

Comments:

Second night of the North American leg of the Stones' "No Filter" tour. The setlist featured an astounding 7 songs that were not performed during the opening night, which is really unusual for this band. Some highlights:
- "Monkey Man" was played for the first time since 8/8/07
- "Play With Fire" was performed for only the second time since the 1990 "Steel Wheels" tour
- The rarely played "Sweet Virginia" appeared during the B-stage acoustic set. I couldn't find an exact number, but I believe this has been done less than 10 times over the last twenty years.
- Keith inadvertently started "Midnight Rambler" early, and the other guitars were tuned incorrectly. The first minute was painful and rough before Mick called it off and they reverted to "Paint it Black." Very funny moment that reminded you that these rock icons are also human.

The performance was outstanding. This was somewhere around my 40th Stones show, and I would rank it behind the Aragon Ballroom 2002 in terms of performance. They sounded better than musicians half their age, and Mick was a whirlwind of motion for the entire time he was onstage. I hope they can maintain this level of showmanship throughout the tour.

I didn't record this show, though I should have - I had "Lucky Dip" tickets ($46 apiece, thanks, Mick!) but my daughter and I went to the 200 level only about 20 feet from where I was for the first show. However, TallTaper was on the field in line with the left stack and got an excellent capture. There is a steady level of crowd chatter during the quiet moments and between songs, but the sound quality during the actual music is phenomenal. Great mix, and Keith's playing in particular shines through. The first couple songs have a few disturbances as the taper gets settled, but after that this is a superb recording.

Many thanks to TallTaper for sharing his source, and thanks to ironchef for putting up his version. Hopefully people find this to be a worthwhile alternative.

Mp3 samples are included in the comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-01 10:17 by hj3009.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 8, 2019 12:54

1966 Australian Tour

Sydney 2UW Radio Broadcast (Unknown Airdate)

Commemorative Auditorium
Sydney Showgrounds
Sydney, New South Wales
Australia
18th February 1966 (1st Show)

01. Stones Arrival At Sydney Airport 16th February 1966 #1
(Soundtrack From UK TV Report)
02. Stones Arrival At Sydney Airport 16th February 1966 #2
(Ward Austin 2UW Report - Cuts out / then 2UW Ward Austin Stones Interview - Start of interview missing)

2UW Sydney Radio Broadcast
03. Ward Austin Introduction
04. Mercy Mercy
05. She Said Yeah
06. Play With Fire
07. Not Fade Away
08. The Spider And The Fly
09. That’s How Strong My Love Is
10. Get Off Of My Cloud
11. 19th Nervous Breakdown
12. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction

================

Mick Jagger : Vocals & Tambourine,
Brian Jones ; Guitar, Organ, Harmonica & B/Vocals
Keith Richard : Guitar & B/Vocals
Bill Wyman : Bass Guitar & B/Vocals
Charlie Watts : Drums

================

Cassette History

I was given this cassette of the 2UW 1966 Stones Sydney broadcast in 1972 (I was 16) by a chap only 4 years older than me who went on to be one of Australia’s leading music historians.
Hadn’t seen him for years except on the telly /radio or on the rare occasion on the opposite side of a music venue.
After The Monkees Sydney Opera House June 2019 concert I bumped into him in the foyer, re-introduced myself, we chatted, then shared a train ride home to my suburb where he had parked his car.
I took the opportunity to quiz him about the 2UW Broadcast cassette he had given me decades before.
Such as, did he record it himself from the radio at the time? If not did someone else tape it, was my copy a dub from a cassette or reel to reel, did he have any idea when 2UW broadcast the show?
I was dead set gobsmacked when he replied he couldn’t remember having this cassette & most likely it was his copy that he gave me.
So what do I have? Methinks i have either a 1st or 2nd generation.
I’m sure this would have been aired on radio like the Melbourne 3UZ 1966 broadcast with advertisements / radio station ID, probably too hard to edit them out at the time of taping so possibly
this cassette could be a dub from that but with the ads removed.
What is present In track 12 Satisfaction at the 3.41 mark are 5 loud pips.
I’ve been told that these could represent that it’s 5.00 PM at the time of this broadcast or the 5.00 PM news was coming up next.

The cassette also included two radio reports. The first of these is about the Stones arrival at Kingsford Smith Sydney Airport on the 16th February 1966.
The second a short interview with the Stones in Sydney most likely before the 18th February shows.
Unfortunately both are incomplete. Both conducted by Ward “Pally” Austin, a Sydney Radio 2UW DJ. In the 60’s he was probably Sydney’s most famous albeit notorious disc jockey.
Ward also introduces the band at the concert.

The 2UW Feb 1966 interview with Mick Jagger and Brian Jones (I think Keith Richards is in there as well) cuts in after a discussion has already started regarding As Tears Go By.
Jagger states he recorded it first before Marianne Faithful but his voice was deemed to be a bit camp so they decided to re record it again in a deeper voice.
Mick & Brian talk about engagements prior to marriage. Ward asks the boys what they’re going to do while in Sydney.
Jagger in an exaggerated Aussie accent talks about going down the beach, doing a bit of water skiing, watch the old sheila’s, sheilas being Australian slang for females, young or old.
(The equivalent of the terms birds in the UK & broads in the USA.)

During the interview a voice comes on to tell us that at the time 2UW was one of Sydney’s lowest rated radio stations but they’d been building a new image of 24 hour nonstop teenage music.
The voice continues that this has paid off because 2UW is now Sydney’s 3rd highest rated radio station & Ward is the top DJ.

In the 80’s I had a fling with a 2UW employee who when I asked if they had access to the station's radio library, replied they did as it was part of the job.
I asked if it they would be agreeable to conduct a search of the 2UW library for me looking for the broadcast, “no worries” was the reply.
And if located could they one way or the other obtain a copy of it for me. They searched high & low but nowhere could they find the 1966 Broadcast nor could any documentation regarding the broadcast be found.
Probably long ago wiped or discarded.

The broadcast does not feature the 1st song of the concert The Last Time, it starts with the 2nd song of the night Mercy Mercy.
audiowhore & myself have tried to find the actual date of the broadcast but have been unsuccessful.
But he did find a newspaper ad for the Brisbane 4BH Stones 1966 live broadcast aired on the 22nd February 1966, so perhaps the Sydney broadcast was aired the day after the show as well.
Hopefully one day the Brisbane broadcast might magically surface just as the Melbourne 3UZ 1966 broadcast did decades later.

We couldn’t find any reviews of the Sydney 1966 concerts apart from a very brief show report in Go-Set magazine (see below) but I have the next best thing.
Someone who not only attended this very show but took photographs as well.
My friend Big Knob (Big from here on in) attended this concert as a 20 year old, not as a professional photographer but as a fan whose hobby / passion was photography.
Not even a year after attending this show he would be drafted into the Australian army & fighting in Vietnam.
I asked him if in his days of being an audience member taking photographs at concerts (starting with The Beatles in 1964) was he hassled in any way for doing so.
He replied no, it was the opposite, people would come up to him asking why was he was bothering to take photographs.
He told me that if any newspaper photographer did bother to turn up to shoot a show, they would grab a few photos & then bugger off asap.

When audiowhore & myself searched newspaper articles regarding the Stones Australian 1966 tour we located a few pro-shot B/W Sydney photos but they hadn’t been reproduced in very good quality & in all
honesty Big’s photos piss all over them & in colour too!
It’s his photographs that he has so kindly allowed me to use for the artwork. The inside front cover photograph with Brian playing harmonica was taken during Not Fade Away.
The back cover photograph with Brian sitting down playing the organ is That’s How Strong My Love Is.

The show was held in the Commemorative Auditorium which is one of the halls inside the Sydney Showgrounds complex, it’s only a hop, skip & jump from the Hordern Pavilion where I would see many groups
in the early 70’s to late 80’s.
In some of the photographs you can see in the background a stained glass window of a reversed map of Australia on which NSW is the only state coloured in & because this was the early show the sunlight is streaming through it.
Of course outside the building the map was the correct way round.

The concert was advertised (as can be seen in the newspaper add on the Back Inside Cover artwork) with the band being on the Centre Revolving Stage, which Big informed me was transported
over from the Sydney Stadium at Rushcutters Bay.
This would have been a bit of a task to do so. This stage was not electric but hand cranked around by stage hands, with a few songs performed to the front, them cranked around to the right for the next couple of numbers & so on.

In the artwork photographs you can notice that the reversed map of Australia appears in slightly different positions.
The photograph of the Stones taken from the back that features on the back inner artwork was taken when the stage had revolved around.
I asked Big if he had moved around to take that particular photograph but he replied that he taken all his photos basically staying in the same position.

Before Not Fade Away Jagger can be heard asking “Will you stop this thing this going round” referring to the stage. Apparently it was annoying him in some way.
Big can’t remember if Jagger’s plea was granted but he does remember that the American singer P.J. Proby's scarf was caught up in this stage the year before.
Jagger says “Where are we?” followed by “Wait right there” & then something undecipherable in Satisfaction that could also be a another reference to the revolving stage.

Big definitely remembers the endless screaming of the sheilas, says it was just as loud as it was for the Beatles Sydney shows two years previously.
He added that some brave girls would dash out of their seats, run past the cops to throw streamers at the stage, in the photographs some of these can be seen wrapped around various Stones & their instruments.
I was aware that on this tour the Stones where supported by another UK band The Searchers plus New Zealand band Max Merritt & The Meteors but I was unaware until Big informed me that two Australian acts were also on the bill.
They being Tony Barber and Steve & The Board.

Although this recording is certainly not Hi-Fi by any stretch I love hearing Brian’s contributions in this Sydney show. This live version of Satisfaction being my mid-60’s favourite version.
Revisiting this show finds me wishing that one day soon hopefully the Stones From The Vaults series will release a Brian Jones era live concert instead of endless latter day releases that feature Ron Wood -
the king of bum notes & out of tune solos.

I first traded this recording with Stones collectors in the late 70’s, but when I told people I had this recording I was asked a number of times how could I be sure this radio show was Sydney.
Easy I wrote back - Ward Austin who can be heard introducing the show was a Sydney DJ plus Jagger himself can be heard shortly before Satisfaction starts saying “Thank you very much Sydney”.
Although the word Sydney is not as loud as the preceding words because of background tuning, Jagger definitely says Sydney.

I’m sure it was one of my trades that became the source for it’s appearance on the Japanese Silver Bootleg VGP Label entitled He Is Not Dead because it has the same tape wobble in Get Off Of My Cloud
plus the radio pips in Satisfaction.
But Ward Austin’s concert introduction is missing and the two 2UW radio segments didn’t make it either.
IMHO my original cassette version has slightly more definition & is somewhat superior than the VGP title & other CD-R versions I’ve heard.

Thanks to my old friend for the original cassette, Big Knob for his photographs & audiowhore for the 2019 transfer and mixing.
Sometime later on this year more Stones shows from early 70’s cassette trades plus my own recordings will be upped.

Enjoy, Waz

============

Below is the short Sydney 1966 show review accompanied by snippets about how anti-Stones the Sydney Press were after the band’s Australian 1965 press conferences.
Plus a Searchers fan letter about the Searchers & Stones shows.

The Sun Herald
13th February 1966
Mike Walsh
MEMO FROM MIKE to the Stones:
Play it cool with the press fellas. Many of them remember your last Sydney press conference and are out to get you this time!

The Sun Herald
20th February 1966
Mike Walsh
Congratulations to the Stones on a vastly improved performance at their Sydney news conference when they hit this ole town this week.
Even one hard bitten newspaperman, with never a kind word about anyone, said he was amazed at their intelligence and interest.

Go-Set magazine
Volume 1, No 4 - 21st February 1966
By Stan Rofe
Well Mr Jones and all the Stones are here!
It is rumoured that the Sydney press is “out to get” the boys. Seems the Group gave them a pretty tough reception last time!
The Stones, unlike many of their contemporaries do not need the (daily) press, and I hope they snub them again this time.
By the way, 3UZ has exclusive recording rights on this show!

Go-Set magazine
Volume 1, No 4 - 21st February 1966
By Doug Panther
SCENE: Press Conference, Sydney
QUESTION: “How did you come to choose the name The Rolling Stones?”
MICK JAGGER: “You would be the one billionth idiot that’s asked me that question”.
And another Sydney reporter sinks so small that even when stretched tip toe he still couldn’t see out of his Aspro (Headache Pill) packet.

DISGUSTING! RUDE! VULGAR! DIRTY!
And nearly every other adjective commonly reserved for rapists and satirists turned up in Sydney papers the next day.
Very very disenchanted were they with the Stones.
Why were the Stones disenchanted with them. Why did they behave this way?
On Sunday last Go-Set got to met the Stones ON THEIR OWN and found out why!
Unaccustomed as they are to teenage idols.... the Australian press has an international reputation for being the most uninspired colourless and thoroughly BORING institution in the world.

How would YOU like to tell a hat full of yes-men journalists in a dozen different countries and a thousand different towns that your favourite colour was red and that “Ya countree’s be-ute-iful!!!

For GO-SET, the Stones unthawed and came to life.
I found them intelligent AND quite willing to talk...as long as they had something worth talking about!
All the Stones are forthright personalities, and quieter than most. But when called upon to comment on something worth commenting on,they usually answered intelligently and pointedly.
There is something of a mystery surrounding them, and their quiet, sometimes bluff manner is in marked contrast to what we normally hear from them, so it is often viewed with suspicion.

SCENE : Sydney’s Showground
Sydney has never seen a more electrifying act than the Rolling Stones onstage.
On the revolving square stage, dramatically spot lit in the centre of Sydney’s crammed Showground’s Auditorium, the only effect they produced can only be described as sensational.
Facing each corner in turn and moving the audience with one emotional hit on top of another, they gave the army of beefy bewildered cops not a hope.
No matter how carefully cops aimed the hysterical fans, before they had time to turn around there were thousands more to take their place....and they did.....all night long!
As the audience at the auditorium grew more excited MICK stalked the stage. Every now and again he’s turn and look searchingly at the audience in back.
If they couldn’t scream any more, they fainted.

Go-Set magazine
14th March 1966

Searchers Fan

Dear Go-Set,
Everyone is raving about the Rolling Stones tour and their stage act; but how about the Searchers who were also on that tour (is this news to anybody?).
Go-Set is the only paper that has written anything about the Searchers. Personally I enjoyed the Searchers act more than the Stones.
They did their utmost to get the audience going and they certainly succeeded. Their act was far more polished than the Stones.
While the Searchers seemed to have improved the Stones seemed to have gone the other way........down.
After seeing the terrific show the Stones put on last year I was quite bored by this year’s.
Mick’s movements had completely changed and reminded me of a ballet dancer.
I also felt that the Searchers went on stage with the thought to do their best to entertain but the Stones went on just to earn their money.

Yours Truly,
KRIS KINST
(A Searchers Fan)

==========

Size 103.80 MB (108,839,279 bytes)
Added Mon 08th Jul, 2019 06:19 GMT

Upped by wazza50

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-08 15:50 by dcba.

Date: July 13, 2019 18:05

Rod Stewart/Faces
The Forum
Inglewood, CA
March 5, 1975
Mike Millard first generation cassette via JEMS
The Lost and Found Mike the MICrophone Tapes Vol. 13

Recording Gear: AKG 451E microphones (CK-1 cardioid capsules) > Nakamichi 550 cassette recorder

JEMS 2019 TRANSFER: first-generation cassettes made by Mike Millard for Jim R > Nakamichi CR-7A azimuth-adjusted transfer > Sound Devices USBPre 2 > Audacity 2.0 (24/96) capture > iZotope RX MBIT+ resample 16/44.1 > iZotope RX and Ozone mastering > Peak Pro 6 (volume smoothing / edit / index) > xACT 2.39 > FLAC

01 It’s All Over Now
02 Take a Look at that Guy
03 (I Know) I’m Losing You
04 Bring It On Home To Me > You Send Me
05 Sweet Little Rock & Roller
06 I’d Rather Go Blind
07 Too Bad
08 Every Picture Tells a Story
09 Angel
10 Stay With Me
11 Gasoline Alley
12 I Can Feel the Fire
13 You Wear It Well
14 Maggie May
15 Twistin’ the Night Away
16 We’ll Meet Again

JEMS is ecstatic to reignite to our Lost and Found Mike the MICrophone series, presenting recordings made by legendary taper Mike Millard, AKA Mike the MICrophone, best known for his masters of Led Zeppelin done in and around LA circa 1975-77. For further details on how some tapes in this series came to be lost and found again, as well as JEMS' history with Mike Millard, please refer to the notes in Vol. One: [www.dimeadozen.org]

This Rod Stewart/Faces concert is the third of many previously unknown, unattributed and/or uncirculated Millard recordings provided to JEMS by Jim R, who was Mike’s partner in crime for many years. “I am the one who pushed Mike in the wheelchair,” Jim writes. “Mike and I attended at least 200 concerts after meeting at a Yes show in 1974. I feel lucky to have had him as a best friend during that time.” Jim helped Mike smuggle in gear, stymie security and score the best seats for taping, all while shooting photographs himself at most of the shows Mike recorded. Beyond concerts, he was a frequent guest at the Millard dinner table in the ‘70s and ‘80s.

In our post for Vol. 12 we teased what this show might be, with the alliterative hint, “Forum, Foghat, ???,” mentioning the venue, the opening act and of course the last F being Faces. In the taping history of Mike Millard, this concert is notable as it was the first he recorded with his brand new Nakamichi 550 cassette deck. Here’s what Jim recalls about the Faces show and arrival of the soon-to-be-legendary Nak 550:

Faces at The Forum on March 5, 1975 was a significant event in that it was the first Mike Millard recording using a Nakamichi 550 with AKG mics. It became the new Gold Standard for tapers during that era.

Let me take you back. Keep in mind this is over 44 years ago...

It was early March and So Cal was buzzing with anticipation for several Led Zeppelin shows in the area starting with San Diego on March 10 and Long Beach March 11 and 12.

I got a phone call from Mike saying, "You have got to come over and check this thing out. It's a monster.” I asked, “What is it?” Mike said to just come over. I jumped in my car and drove over to his house (we lived about 15 minutes apart at the time). I went into his room and on a table was the Nak 550. Next to it was his previous Sony deck; the new Nak was 2-3 times bigger. I looked at Mike and asked, "How are we going to get this in?” The next thing that was said was, “We have got to try it out.”

Mike not only purchased the Nak 550 but also AKG 451-E mics to go with it.

As luck would have it, Rod Stewart and Faces were playing The Forum in the next day or so. This would be a perfect dress rehearsal for the upcoming Zep shows. We scored a couple last-minute tickets in Loge 11, Row K, about 15-20 rows back and 11 rows off the floor. They were not the usual primo seats in the first 5 rows in the middle, but they would do just fine.

The show was great. It was high energy and a lot of fun. Ronnie Wood was still playing lead guitar. Soon thereafter he would join the Rolling Stones filling the spot vacated by Mick Taylor after he quit in late ’74.

Mike bought the Nak that March because of the upcoming Led Zeppelin shows. He wanted the best quality he could get. Nakamichi had an excellent reputation of building "near reel-to-reel quality" cassette decks. At the time, Nakamichi’s home decks in the states were the Nak 700, which retailed for $700, and the Nak 1000, which ran a grand. That was a ton of money back in 1975.

Mike's Nak 550 cost him either $500 or $550, plus the AKGs were a few hundred as well. Throw in the power supplies and cabling, and this was a sizable investment.

With "Faces 1975” a new era of recording was born, and the quality that we know from Mike Millard began.

This recording has up-close sound, so much so that I presumed some of the guitar must have been leaking onto the tape from the stage amps, but Jim notes they were sitting in loge seats on the side, nicely aligned with the PA. For a first attempt on a brand new tape deck, Mike must have been thrilled with the results, as his recording is bright, lively and captures the spirit of Faces very well indeed. Samples provided.

To the best of our knowledge, Mike’s Faces recording appears to be uncirculated or at least out of any broad trading or posting circles. There is no mention of the recording on the web, though we did find a link to a People magazine piece that said it was backstage at this show where Rod Stewart met Swedish actress Britt Ekland.

Jim R told us a lot of great Millard stories which we will share over time. What is absolutely clear from our conversations with him and other recent research is that there are many Millard recordings in circulation that have not been attributed to him. Jim’s collection of verified Millard first gens will confirm longtime speculation about other extant recordings of LA shows being Millard tapes. We expect those transfers to be upgrades to circulating versions. There are also wholly uncirculated recordings as well like this one. In other words, a lot to look forward to if you’re a fan of Mike Millard’s work.

JEMS is thrilled to partner with Jim R to release more of Millard’s fantastic recordings and to help set the record straight about the man himself. It’s been 25 years since he passed away, and the Internet version of his life story is incomplete and often inaccurate.

One such falsehood is that Mike worked as a janitor, a detail shared and repeated on many message boards. From 1979 until his passing in 1994, Mike actually worked as a clerk in the A/V department of a small college in Southern California, which sounds like a rather ideal gig for him.

Thank you to Jim for trusting us with your legacy in partnership with Mike. Tip o’ the cap as well to mjk5510, who continues to keep the JEMS factory operating smoothly and to Exit Club for taking the Millard journey with us. We hope our efforts will honor and celebrate the man and the music he so brilliantly preserved. Special shoutouts as well to Slipkid68, Slowburn and mjk5510 for coming to visit JEMS South last month and helping me reorganize the archive. That work will continue to pay off for years to come.

Finally, cheers to the late, great Mike the MICrophone and to finding more lost tapes. May he rest in peace.

BK for JEMS

Size 597.07 MB (626,073,187 bytes)
Added Sat 13th Jul, 2019 14:44 GMT

Upped by mjk5510

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: July 13, 2019 18:22

So do we have two sources for this show?
It's long time in the Stonesvault.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 13, 2019 20:44

Rank Stranger
So do we have two sources for this show?
It's long time in the Stonesvault.

I searched my files and it says mine is lossy.

Oh, and don't forget the newspaper clippings in thr comments #21+

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: July 13, 2019 22:31

The version on stonesvault is a different source than the new Millard recording. It is much worse and runs too fast. The Millard source is a huge upgrade (as expected).

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: July 14, 2019 01:54

Here is a link for the show.
[we.tl]

Thanks to the tapers and uploaders.

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: July 16, 2019 12:33

britstones
Here is a link for the show.
[we.tl]

Thanks to the tapers and uploaders.

Also added in Stonevault
[www.filefactory.com]

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: July 18, 2019 17:46

Date: July 18, 2019 19:10

riccardo99
[www.dimeadozen.org]

It's a reseed of a tape that was shared years ago. And if iirc most tapes from that guy (Dan Lampinski) need speed-correction.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 24, 2019 18:04

[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
2019-07-23 Lincoln Financial Field
Philadelphia PA USA

source : schoeps mk41v > nbob actives > babynbox > sony a10 > 24/48 wav
adobe audition > xact 2.45 > 16/44.1 flac
taper : edtyre

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)
You Can't Always Get What You Want

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Slipping Away (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Before They Make Me Run (Keith Richards on lead vocals)
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

notes : tough taping night. wind and rain for the last 40 minutes
some very minor wind noise in the recording.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: July 24, 2019 18:17

Keessie
[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

No idiotic "remasters" or "matrixes" with phone recordings of this one.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: July 24, 2019 19:38

daspyknows
Keessie
[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

Ed is "old school!" like Daspy! Link Expires July 31st:[we.tl]

Posted by: basti ()
Date: July 24, 2019 20:20

Hallo everybody
I find a Tape from Nick Mason on dime, but I can’t download.
Can anybody download the Show for me and upload on mega

I was at the Show

Basti

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 24, 2019 20:21

Mr.D
daspyknows
Keessie
[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

Thank you Bob and of course many thanks to the taper edtyre!

Posted by: hobshobs1 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 21:37

Many thanks to Mr D for bringing here and for the WeTransfer download option. Aslo to edtyre for another great recording. Very much appreciated.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: July 24, 2019 21:59

Thank you mrd!!!!

Posted by: hj3009 ()
Date: July 24, 2019 22:23

Quique-stone
Mr.D
daspyknows
Keessie
[www.dimeadozen.org]

The Rolling Stones
Philadelphia PA USA

Intro
Street Fighting Man
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Bitch (by request)

B-Stage / Acoustic
Angie
Dead Flowers

Sympathy for the Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Band Intros
Miss You
Midnight Rambler
Paint It Black
Gimme Shelter
Start Me Up
Jumpin' Jack Flash
E
Brown Sugar

Thank you Bob and of course many thanks to the taper edtyre!

I'm probably old school too.
But what would we get when people like Edtyire and Dapsyknows didn't record and upload their recordings?
Isn't that enough to respect their wishes?
There are lots of people who don't give a f... about sharing, who just download and don't even say thanks, some (I experienced it at TTD) who send you requests, but have a ratio about 0,00. And use a different username, just because they don't want to respect some rules ...)
What would happen if people like Edtyire and Dapsyknows wouldn't share anymore???
Because one wouldn't respect their wishes?
Just think it over.
Cheers
Hervé

Posted by: toomanycds ()
Date: July 25, 2019 00:04

Thank you Mr D for the we.tl link and, of course, many more to Ed and Daspy who have provided us with so many high quality recordings.

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: July 25, 2019 05:20

Thank you for Philly 2019

Posted by: edopao ()
Date: July 25, 2019 09:14

Ty for this recording smiling smiley Someone can post on WeTransfer pls ?

Posted by: 1fatum ()
Date: July 25, 2019 10:45

Thank You

Date: July 25, 2019 12:52

edopao
Ty for this recording smiling smiley Someone can post on WeTransfer pls ?
There's a Wetransfer link a few posts up the page.

Posted by: dennycranium ()
Date: July 25, 2019 23:22

Thanks for the share!

Date: July 26, 2019 14:59

[www.dimeadozen.org]

Paul McCartney
Freshen Up Tour
London 2018.12.16
02 Arena

Original IEM Recording (Commercial Release - No Label)

CD 1:
01 Intro
02 A Hard Day's Night
03 Junior's Farm
04 All My Loving
05 Letting Go
06 Who Cares
07 Got To Get To Into My Life
08 Come On To Me
09 Let Me Roll It
10 I've Got a Feeling
11 Let 'Em In
12 My Valentine

CD 2:
01 MC
02 Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five
03 Maybe I'm Amazed
04 I Just Seen A Face
05 In Spite of All the Danger
06 From Me To You
07 Dance Tonight
08 Love Me Do
09 Blackbird
10 Here Today
11 Queenie Eye
12 Lady Madonna
13 Eleanor Rigby
14 Fuh You15 Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!

CD 3:
01 MC
02 Something
03 Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
04 Band on the Run
05 Back in the U.S.S.R.
06 Let It Be
07 Live and Let Die
08 Hey Jude
09 Birthday
10 Wonderful Christmastime
11 Get Back (With Ringo Starr & Ronnie Wood)
12 Sgt. Pepper Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
13 Helter Skelter
14 Golden Slumbers
15 Carry That Weight
16 The End

This is a legitimate Flac of IEM Feed; Spectro shows a 20.7 kHz cut, probably cut due to regular signal capture.
Link Expires August 2nd:[we.tl]

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: July 28, 2019 22:50

And there it is: Houston 2019
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Rolling Stones
NRG Stadium
Houston TX
July 27 2019

Source: AT943 Card Elements- > Church Audio Ugly Box /Tascam DR 05>24bit 48htz > HDD>Goldwave to split the file> Audacity to resample to 16 Bit /44.1> traders little helper flac level

Taper: Whotapes
Section: Floor Sec E Row 13

01 Intro
02 Jumpin' Jack Flash
03 Let's Spend the Night Together
04 Tumbling Dice
05 Out of Control
06 Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
07 You Can't Always Get What You Want
08 Sweet Virginia
09 Dead Flowers
10 Sympathy for the Devil
11 Honky Tonk Women w/band introductions
12 Slipping Away
13 Before They Make Me Run
14 Miss You
15 Midnight Rambler
16 Paint It Black
17 Start Me Up
18 Brown Sugar
19 Gimme Shelter
20 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Great show by the Stones. Mick still brings the high energy to his performance. This was my first to go to NRG stadium so I switched up gear a little so I could be sure to get it inside. The echo of the stadium is more prominent on the recording that what I heard live but still not too bad. It was a great setlist though to be honest I really can do without Midnight Rambler and throw in a couple of older gems. For the most part the audience around me as pretty good though I did have one whistler that was sitting to my right. This may be the last time I get to see the Stones and if it is I got my Satisfaction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-07-28 22:51 by falo01.

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: July 29, 2019 00:39

Download link [we.tl]

falo01
And there it is: Houston 2019
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Rolling Stones
NRG Stadium
Houston TX
July 27 2019

Source: AT943 Card Elements- > Church Audio Ugly Box /Tascam DR 05>24bit 48htz > HDD>Goldwave to split the file> Audacity to resample to 16 Bit /44.1> traders little helper flac level

Taper: Whotapes
Section: Floor Sec E Row 13

01 Intro
02 Jumpin' Jack Flash
03 Let's Spend the Night Together
04 Tumbling Dice
05 Out of Control
06 Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
07 You Can't Always Get What You Want
08 Sweet Virginia
09 Dead Flowers
10 Sympathy for the Devil
11 Honky Tonk Women w/band introductions
12 Slipping Away
13 Before They Make Me Run
14 Miss You
15 Midnight Rambler
16 Paint It Black
17 Start Me Up
18 Brown Sugar
19 Gimme Shelter
20 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction

Great show by the Stones. Mick still brings the high energy to his performance. This was my first to go to NRG stadium so I switched up gear a little so I could be sure to get it inside. The echo of the stadium is more prominent on the recording that what I heard live but still not too bad. It was a great setlist though to be honest I really can do without Midnight Rambler and throw in a couple of older gems. For the most part the audience around me as pretty good though I did have one whistler that was sitting to my right. This may be the last time I get to see the Stones and if it is I got my Satisfaction.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: August 9, 2019 11:23

[www.dimeadozen.org]
[www.dimeadozen.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2019-08-09 11:24 by riccardo99.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930...LastNext
Current Page: 25 of 51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1127
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home