Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Bob Dylan January 2, 2008 Radio Show Here
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: January 7, 2008 02:55

Here’s the Bobcat for this week (or last, if you’re really counting). This week’s show is all about the number one. I love that Nilsson is on the song list and Elvis with “One Night”, which was done in a milder version for release in the 1950s, as they wouldn’t let Elvis get away with singing “One night of sin” as part of the lyrics. The set list is below as no art work was posted at the site I use for this week’s show. As always, enjoy!

Link
[www.sendspace.com]

Set list

One - Harry Nilsson
First Time I Met The Blues - Buddy Guy
The One You Slip Around With - Wynne Stewart & Jan Howard
Dedicated To The One I Love - The Five Royales
One Night - Elvis Presley
First I Look at the Purse - The Contours
Johnny One Note - Anita O'Day
One Meat Ball - Josh White
I'm The One Who Loves You - The Impressions
Make Us One - Miriam Makeba
One Time, One Night - Los Lobos
Just One More Time - Billy Gayles
Just One More - George Jones
One More Mile To Go - Otis Spann

(An aside: If you haven’t seen “I’m Not There” on the big screen, the biography of Dylan though the name Dylan is not mentioned once in the movie, go see it. You will either love it, hate it or be totally confused – there are no other choices according to some of the people I know who’ve also seen it. I found it very good and fascinating as can be in the way there are five characters woven throughout the course of the movie representing Dylan or somebody similar to him at different stages of their life and career. The soundtrack is great with some killer versions of Dylan songs, some not so killer.)

Re: OT Bob Dylan January 2, 2008 Radio Show Here
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: January 8, 2008 02:47

Thanks, once more, dmay!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2197
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home