Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

WANTED: vintage vinyl b**ts TMoQ, K&S, IMP, RSVP, CBM ...
Posted by: makim ()
Date: January 6, 2008 13:28

Hi,

if you would like to sell your old vinyl boots please send me a list (kuschell AT gmx.de), I am mainly interested in those released before 1982, especially the following labels:

WCF, CBM, TMoQ, TAKRL, K&S, IMP, RSVP, Wizardo, Mushroom ...

The following are examples from my want list:

How Are You Michelle 2 LP
The Stones Wizardo multicolor vinyl
The Lapping Tounge Set
Beautiful Delilah UK TMoQ release
Broadway
In Concert 2LP with Dittolino insert
Liver Than You ll Ever Be (Beaver Brown edition WITH cover)
London Roundhouse (European (UK?) edition with thin b&w cover)
Detroit 69 on Bash Records WITH Rolling Stone insert
In Exotic Honolulu K&S

I have several doubles for trade (for instance TMOQ stamped/colored vinyl, R.S.V.P. stamped/colored vinyl, many European pressings from the 80s colored and black vinyl)

Old boot catalouges and old boot discographies (Stones and others) are also interesting.

If you have any Beatles or Springsteen I might be interested as well!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-01-06 19:05 by makim.

Re: vintage vinyl b**ts TMoQ, K&S, IMP, RSVP, CBM ...
Posted by: THERIFF ()
Date: January 6, 2008 13:45

HI,MAKIN
AS FAR AS I KNOW , DETROIT 69 ON BASH RECORDS, NEVER HAD AN INSERT, THIS WAS THE FIRST ISSUE TWO LP SET,IT CAME IN A PLAIN WHITE GATE-FOLD SLEEVE, WITH THE TITLE WRITTEN IN THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER, I HAVE THIS, AND ALSO HAVE A SPARE COPY, THIS IS VERY RARE, I'VE HAD BOTH COPIES SINCE THE VERY EARLY 70's, AND I'VE NEVER SEEN ANOTHER COPY, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, MAKE ME A SENSIBLE OFFER, I'M NOT REALLY INTERESTED IN TRADING, I'VE GOT OVER 500 VINYL STONES BOOTS, MOST ARE PRE 1982 AND THEY VERY RARLY GET PLAYED, ANYWAY LET ME KNOW, CHEERS THE RIFF

Re: vintage vinyl b**ts TMoQ, K&S, IMP, RSVP, CBM ...
Date: January 6, 2008 14:20

Hi TheRiff,

thanks for your reply! I own the Bash version without insert, however, this LP was also reviewed by the Rolling Stone magazine (shortly after GWW and Liver than you ever be), and a member of this group sent me a pic of an insert for the Bash 2 LP, based on the Rolling Stone review. This could be, of course be made by a dealer or by a former owner. I would be curious if other members have seen this LP with the insert.

Re: WANTED: vintage vinyl b**ts TMoQ, K&S, IMP, RSVP, CBM ...
Date: January 6, 2008 21:05

Please add these OBR titles to my want list:

OBR 305 015 LP Alternates
OBR 305 018 LP + Single L. A. 69
OBR 305 020 2 LP (3 sides) Live'r Than They'll Ever Be
OBR 305 022 2 LP (3 sides) Cologne 1970

I have some of the older OBRs LP for trade!

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 6, 2008 21:31

Hello Makim!
Yes I got the "Live From Detroit" on Bash with insert,(look also here:[www.iorr.org]) so I can confirm it exists.
I won't sell this though, but maybe I got some other bootlegs which might interest you; I haven't made a list, you seem to be from Germany too, perhaps you can send me your telephone number, I will call you up then!

Posted by: dph ()
Date: January 8, 2008 05:34

The original Detroit LP, as reviewed by Rolling Stone back in 1970, is a stereo audience recording, and does not have a company listed. All other LPs such as the Bash label version are copies in mono.

The original is called "We Didn't Really Get It On 'til Detroit." The Bash label LP is "We Never Got It On 'til Detroit."

The Minotauro label CD is made from the ultra rare stereo LP.

Date: January 9, 2008 23:18

Hi,

Rank Stranger and I found out that his insert did not originally come with the Detroit 2 LP on Bash so I still would be curious to see a scan.

@dph: Thanks for your additional information!

To prevent misunderstandings I shall point out that there is another Detroit LP, "We Never Really Got It On Till Detroit". It was released on the CBM label, is incomplete and the sound is worse than on the Bash 2 LP. All the mentioned LPs are audience recordings, the LP "Mick Taylor We Thank You" (released in Germany around 1986) includes 3 soundboard tracks from this show.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: January 12, 2008 22:47

dph wrote:
>>All other LPs such as the Bash label version are copies in mono.

As I said before, I have this double album on Bash with red labels ( although maybe with the wrong insert ) and this is in stereo!
It's an even more narrow stereo than the Minotauro label cd, but it isn't mono!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1500
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home