Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: POST: MICKBOY SATANIC
Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 1, 2007 17:17

His Majesty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It bugs me that COFTM is included as the released
> version was recorded in 1968.

well, I do understand your point even though Child.. sounds more like a satanic song than being the b side of jjf(seems like two different eras-kinda out of place!) but if it was recorded in 68 then it is a slip.

Posted by: Judas72 ()
Date: December 1, 2007 17:57

Whiskey, the reason why I like Mickboy's remasters is because they feel far more personal than the CDs or vinyl versions that I've heard. Of course such medling with the material is not going to please the purists but it is totally wrong to say his stuff is rubbish.
Now on the subject of the running order as discussed by others... On the whole I personally prefer it when Mickboy leaves the running order the way it should be rather than tinkering with it. In my opinion it is disrespectful to the Stones to reorganise the running order and it is only Mickboy's personal opinion that things sound better reorganised (although I have no problem with him adding extra tracks as long as they're tacked on to the end).
However, having now heard his version of Satanic Majesties, I have to concur that the album reorganised in the way he has done does make an improvement over the original. Yes, it is still disrespectful to the Stones to meddle with their vision of the album and I would have liked Sing This All Together and On With The Show included somewhere on the album but in this instance I am quite happy with the new improved album that I now have.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 1, 2007 18:30

You pretty much summed it up, judas72!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 1, 2007 19:11

scottkeef Wrote:
> His Majesty Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It bugs me that COFTM is included as the
> released
> > version was recorded in 1968.
>
> well, I do understand your point even though
> Child.. sounds more like a satanic song than being
> the b side of jjf(seems like two different
> eras-kinda out of place!) but if it was recorded
> in 68 then it is a slip.

The song was attempted in 1967, but it appears that they didn't get as far as a finished master or anything. The released b side is a 100% 'new' recording from the 1968 - Jimmy Miller sessions.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 1, 2007 19:14

MrsHop Wrote:
> But, doesn't spending so much time
> & dedication on bringing out the very best in
> these albums & outtakes & then posting them in mp3
> format kind of 'defeat the object'?.

I whole-heartedly agree with this. It does completely defeat the purpose. But that's the way most people are trading things these days. I could do it in FLAC files, but that's a much bigger time commitment -- including uploading in several pieces to Rapidshare, which seems to be the most reliable site. And most people would be requesting MP3s as soon as I posted it.

J

Posted by: Bol ()
Date: December 1, 2007 23:20

Thank you JMARKO, well worth the wait.

I forgot just how great Dandelion is.

Posted by: Charles ()
Date: December 2, 2007 04:07

Nothing bugs me about this. THANK YOU for posting this Mickboy!

Charles Baudelaire
1821-1869

Posted by: whiskey ()
Date: December 2, 2007 06:43

Well put Judas72, I should think before I speak, I was really thinking aloud. Of course if something pleases someone more than others then that is a good thing, to each his own enjoyment and I guess I used the wrong term,who am I to determine what is rubbish and what is not when it comes to music.

Posted by: Kingbeebuzz ()
Date: December 2, 2007 12:41

Hi J Marko
I am having real difficulty downloading the bonus track file for Mickboy Satanic from Rapidshare and after 3 days cannot even now conect to Rapidshare.

It wouold be really helpful if you could repost the bonus tracks file on another download site but not Rapidshare.

If you can help................ many, many, thanks.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: December 2, 2007 14:08

Rapid was having probs in the UK a couple of days ago, don't know if that issue's been fixed. I've had an account for several years given the amount of stuff posted on it & never a prob.

Date: December 2, 2007 15:55

Thanks for the info Vox12string. Yes I'm in the Uk, so I'll keep trying for a while longer and hope the links improve.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: December 2, 2007 19:11

Here's the bonus track file posted on Gigasize:

[www.gigasize.com]

Date: December 5, 2007 18:26

Many thanks for your time and trouble J Marko.
I got it!!!!!!

Posted by: THE DON ()
Date: May 25, 2011 00:04

After downloading this cd and verifying the artwork i noticed 1 track missing from the downloaded files.

The missing track is 18. Dandelion (Charlie's drum mix) version.

If anyone can upload this track only in 320 bkps since this is already in mp3. Of course if someone can upload the whole cd in flac would always be better and welcomed too.

Thanks in advance.

Posted by: CaptainAcid ()
Date: May 25, 2011 09:21

read the comments

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2011-05-25 09:24 by CaptainAcid.

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: May 28, 2011 18:11

Would greatly appreciate if someone canaupload a clean copy of Mickboy's Main Street Revisited

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2024
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home