Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

FYI: Changes at Rapidshare
Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: October 31, 2007 21:33

I thought you'd like to know that as of November 10th, Rapidshare is changing some things. Here's a copy of the letter they recently sent to account holders:

Dear Customer,

Herewith we advise you of an upcoming change in our storage management.

This message refers to your RapidShare premium account:

ID: XXXXX

On November 10th, we will launch our storage revision program.
Accounts that use more than 20 GB of storage will be marked as "XXL" accounts by our system.
If any files associated with an "XXL" account have not been downloaded within the last 90 days ("inactive files"), those files will be deleted automatically.
As soon as the account's storage is less than 20 GB, no further files will be deleted.
Of course, no active files (i.e. files that have been downloaded at least once during the last 90 days) will be deleted. This means, we still offer unlimited storage for active files.

Your account's current storage utilization is over 20 GB, which means your account will be marked as "XXL".
Please check your account for files that you no longer need and remove them.
This helps to avoid the deletion of files you would like to keep.

You can check your current storage utilization at any time in the premium zone, right above the files list.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards,

RapidShare AG
Management

I copied this letter from a discussion about this on another site (guitars101.com). The person who posted this letter that he received from rapidshare is a frequent poster at guitars101.com. He posts under the name: itsjustme2.0. The thread discussing this is titled: "VERY Important Message Concerning My Files", in case you'd like to check it out. Anyway, I thought you'd like to know about this, whether you're a frequent uploader to Rapidshare, who might lose some files, or a frequent downloader, who might lose the chance to get certain files.

Re: FYI: Changes at Rapidshare
Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 31, 2007 21:59

Thanks for the advice mikeh!

BTW, what's a means "FYI"?? I saw that letters many times and still don't know it!

Argentino

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-31 22:00 by Argentino.

Posted by: mikeh ()
Date: October 31, 2007 22:27

It means For Your Information.

Posted by: Argentino ()
Date: October 31, 2007 23:26

mikeh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It means For Your Information.

Really? So simple!! Thank you!

Argentino

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1382
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home