Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Monkeyman07
Posted by: azizahans ()
Date: October 1, 2007 13:22

Hi Luis,

At IORR you write about graceless people. I sent you the two shows a long time ago but i have never heard anything from you! You promised me the two Basel 95 dvds. Now you answer not even my mails! This is not the fine way even if you will post 1000 shows more on IORR. Especially because i sent you excellent and rare stuff and not the usual avarage crap.

Hans

Re: Monkeyman07
Posted by: mur2 ()
Date: October 2, 2007 13:50

Yes everybody, Monkeyman07 aka luis Dias is not a honest trader, I've send him 2 VCDs in January and got 2 CDs with gaps in return! He promised to resend me a DVD but now he doesn't answer my mails!
Don't mess with him, people!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 2, 2007 14:51

CDs with gaps...?
Hence my MP3 comment under the "trade-thread"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-03 00:19 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 2, 2007 22:21

mur2 there you go when you deal with people which prefer MP3 or doesn't even care at all...

but a CD with gaps is worst case :-)

Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: October 3, 2007 00:00

you got mail , hans
who are you , mur2

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: Gibson ()
Date: October 3, 2007 01:30

"Fussing & fighting, fussing & fighting... Come on now, that means everybody just cool out... can we cool out everybody? If we know we're all one, let's show we're all one. Just be cool down the front end, don't push around... come on people!"
- MickJ. Altamont

Monkeyman has provided us all with some great shows.
I don't have room on my itunes to store uncompressed, so having files in mp3 is sometimes great. I don't need every show ever recorded. Monkeyman has provided some shows I was actually at - which I was happy to get in any format.

How is it you guys are so cold & critical, when Monkey has shared so much.

You've never accidentely put gaps on a live show, or clipped a level, or had a dropout?

You've never flaked on someone, your ebay percent is 100% too, right?

Even the best people sometimes let things slip through the cracks.

Except for expressing my heartfelt thanks everytime I download a post, I've been basically freeloading here, very gratefully I will say, and I really appreciate Monkeyman, UrbanSteel, Cafaro, BaboonBro, Ludwig, Erik_Snow, Silkcut, Argentino, and everyone else who takes their valuable time and shares the goods with those of us who are newbies.

Honestly, nobody else shared the same shows as Monkey, and that Niche will be missed. Sure 320 is better, but I wanted to hear the LA 89, and Pave Boulder, not wait for bitrate.
If you criticize monkey now - delete all the files you got from him.

The truth is out, so don't deny...

Posted by: KWhinos ()
Date: October 3, 2007 08:30

My ebay feedback is 100%........

My Blog
[stonesrockforever.blogspot.com]

Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 3, 2007 10:13

silkcut1978_ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> mur2 there you go when you deal with people which
> prefer MP3 or doesn't even care at all...
>

Mr. S

"you cann't judge a book looking at the cover"

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: October 3, 2007 10:43

Yes, I've accidentely put gaps on a live show, & the reason I know it is that I check it before sending it out.

No, I've never clipped a level, I'm a professional musician & I just don't do that.

What's a dropout?

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 3, 2007 12:14

kream Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> silkcut1978_ Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > mur2 there you go when you deal with people
> which
> > prefer MP3 or doesn't even care at all...
> >
>
> Mr. S
>
> "you cann't judge a book looking at the cover"

ok, you're right Mr.K. :-) honestly, I just found it funny to imagine a CD with gaps - I wonder what it'd look like ;-)

my best to you!
silkcut

Posted by: kream ()
Date: October 3, 2007 13:24

i think, when you are burning audio cd, nero has an option "add 2 sec gaps" between every 2 songs so if you don't unsign this option you will get every cd with 2 sec gaps. i understand well mur2, because this is not good thing, when you has gap after every song. sometimes i downloaded shows, specially in shn files, with these gaps and i have to cut at ending every song for better listening.

greetings. M

Date: October 3, 2007 23:22

yeah , that stuff of the gaps between the tracks.... i dont understad it , some traders said that to me.
but when i listen my songs , i dont have any problem if they are mp3 or even flac , its the same for me.
my cds have no gaps , just those between the tracks , but i dont see any problem , you listen the same , and not all of the bootlegs are good , so shy care about mp3 or not.
you can quit the option of the gaps in itunes???

wipeacdc@hotmail.com

Posted by: Gibson ()
Date: October 4, 2007 00:34

Gapless playback

In iTunes > Preferences > Advamced > Burning > Audio

MP3

Everytime you convert an mp3 again - even if you increase the bitrate setting - it gets worse.

Mp3 cuts out bits to make the file small, and once they are gone - they are gone forever - So bad recordings get worse too.

Alot of recording problems can be helped later by a good remaster, but once it's been compressed, there is alot less audio dynamic range to work with.

by the way... Kream & Vox - thanks for your great posts too!

Date: October 4, 2007 02:42

but i dont change my mp3's , i use to convert my cds into the computer , and then into mp3 , then , no changes
hope all of the posts here come in that way and not traveling around the world losing quality , let me know what you do , please

wipeacdc@hotmail.com

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 4, 2007 06:43

I'm sure there is quality loss on most of the mp3 posts here.

As for gaps, I can't understand how anyone can listen to a live show with gaps in it, but to each his own.

Heck, I'm from the tape generation, I even hate hearing the little 'clip' between songs that have been downloaded track by track. Ruins the continuity of the show for me, the whole sense of capturing this event/show as it happened and being able to 'relive' it in a way. At least with Lps and tapes you had a significant amount of time before a fade or break.

The digital age has provided us with the means to share things more easily and quickly.

Unfortunately, it has exponentially increased the repetition of versions of shows, a lack of concern for quality, and the attitude of getting every show at whatever the cost to satisfy some unspoken competition or ego claim.

Mp3s have made it easier, but have also, across the board, lessened the available quality of recordings now. As someone said earlier - once it's gone you can't get it back.

I can only imagine how Mickboy feels when he sees his painstakingly-remastered recordings getting passed around in compressed mp3 format. Sure they still sound different/better, but they certainly don't reflect what he originally wanted them to sound like.

So, yes, it's great to be able to get all of this stuff, but it comes at a price. Hey, even I have given into it. It's just not as fun, or as satisfying, as it used to be.

There's a big space difference between an mp3 and a FLAC, but the idea of keeping all of this stuff on a hard drive is also something I still can't adjust to.

I'd rather get a file and burn it onto CD and have an actual hard-copy of something. My collection should be a physical, actual thing. Something you can see, and feel, and hold. Something you can point to and say "_there_ it is." To me it's always been a commitment, and certainly a commitment to more than some virtual space on a hard drive. But I'm sure CDs will be dissapearing in the next few years as well. It's all about convenience, which is too bad.

I'm not directing these comments at anyone inparticular, so please spare all of us the flaming retorts about who the hell I think I am.

J

Posted by: mur2 ()
Date: October 5, 2007 14:23

Hi Luis,
I am Anatoly! Would you like to replace the CDs ?

Date: October 5, 2007 15:24

aa , anatoly!
yes , but what was the problem with the ones i sent you?
what dvd was it?
and please write to wipeacdc@hotmail.com

wipeacdc@hotmail.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2325
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home