Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

DAC-New '71 Show ?
Posted by: andrewm ()
Date: September 24, 2007 22:24

Just saw that the latest DAC title-Don't You Wanna Live With Me ?-which has the Fort Collins '69 show on the first disc, has what is purported to be the 1st show in Coventry on March 6, '71 on disc 2. Has anyone heard it yet and can confirm that it actually is the first and not the previously available second show ?

Re: DAC-New '71 Show ?
Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 24, 2007 23:25

Hello!
Most people in the Stones camp claim to know that despite the info given on the VGP boot, it contains the first show!!Please look also here
[www.iorr.org]
I guess we'll have to wait and see - or listen carefully!!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: September 24, 2007 23:28

It hasn't made the rounds yet, to my knowledge.
I'll be extremely surprised if this is not the same show as VGP-096. They might have gotten a hold of the torrent that featured the same show in slighlty better quality. Or maybe they did EQ work themselves?
It's claimed to be the 1st show, not the 2nd.
BTW; could somebody confirm if the DAC Birmingham Odeon release is a straight copy of the IMP CD and "Keep Your Pussies Clean" ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-09-24 23:28 by Erik_Snow.

Date: September 24, 2007 23:54

Thanks guys, that's what I thought. Erik, I hoped you would weigh in on this. I saw it mentioned on the Bootleg Encyclodia website today and they touted it as a new, unreleased show but I don't think they had actually heard it yet either and were probably going on the date listed on the back. I was hoping, though...

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: September 25, 2007 00:22

It seems that DAC claims, that this is an uncirculated show! I have contacted Bootleg Encyclopedia already and pointed out the problems surrounding the Coventry 71 shows; they will give t a close listen!!

Posted by: gsparaco ()
Date: October 3, 2007 16:45

DAC-071 arrived today and on first listen the Coventry tape is the same source used on the Vinyl Gang release, so there is no suprises. It is billed as being from the first show instead of VGP's claim to be the second show, so that probably resulted in some confusion from the overseas announcements surrounding this title.

Date: October 3, 2007 17:59

Thanks for letting us know, gsparaco!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: October 5, 2007 00:49

Yes, thanks gsparaco.

Is the quality any different for either the Collins or Coventry show?

Date: October 5, 2007 03:24

I'll post a full review on my website hopefully tomorrow with some detail. But DAC use the same tape sources meaning they are only fair recordings. The label did do some work on the tapes though...

Date: October 5, 2007 03:29

gsparaco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll post a full review on my website hopefully
> tomorrow with some detail. But DAC use the same
> tape sources meaning they are only fair
> recordings. The label did do some work on the
> tapes though...

I bet DAC copied mr Watchit's better source for that concert, from torrent. They stole his vinyl transfer of Welcome To New York + his audience tape, besides the DAC release "Paris Match".
By the way, please let us know the address of your website
edit: oh I suppose it's the bootleg encyclopedia.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-05 04:03 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 5, 2007 06:51

Yes, the bootleg encyclopedia. There are many many Stones reviews coming up in the next week including the new SODD O2 shows and all of the latest DAC releases

Posted by: Nylex ()
Date: October 6, 2007 08:52

DAC has just released Germany '70 now.

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: October 7, 2007 04:51

Thanks for your review of Coventry '71, gsparaco.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2007-10-07 17:58 by Sohoe.

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: October 10, 2007 23:11

Thanks for the info.

Has this been torrented anywhere?

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 10, 2007 23:20

I also read that its the same awful quality of the vgp disc

Posted by: Sohoe ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:34

I'm still curious; anyone knows if this DAC release of Coventry '71 indeed is the same as Watchit's version?

Date: October 12, 2007 01:42

Yeah, thanks for your review, gsparaco. By the way, anyone heard any details on the new Sister Morphine release called, I believe, 'I Gave You Diamonds ' which is cleaned up Exile outtakes and, according to one site, 'some suprises'? Again, I really doubt that there will be anything new on there but am wondering what the surprises might be.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2151
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home