Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question for EDMUND...73 Soundboards
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 26, 2007 22:49

All the 73 soundboard albums are a mix of different shows from brussells and london 9-9-73..Where are the rest of the soundboards from brussells and especially london 9-9-73?

SOULSURVIVOR

Re: Question for EDMUND...73 Soundboards
Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: August 29, 2007 19:17

I know this question is for edmund, but the rest of the '73 soundboards are in the vaults.

The reason we have the Brussels and Wembley tracks are because they were mixed and broadcast on the KBFH radio show (same as the "Handsome Girls" material and the "Ride Like the Wind" box set from '81). There are a few more soundboard tracks out there from the '73 European tour but not many and the most complete show is the Brussels 10/17/73 first show which is only missing one song ("@#$%&") in soundboard quality.

There are so many different releases of this material. Some releases feature "Brown Sugar" from Rotterdam, and some feature the Brussels version. Some releases have "Gimme Shelter" and "Happy" from Wembley and some have the Brussels versions.

All in all, here's what is in circulation from the '73 European tour in soundboard quality....

Wembley 9/9/73- "Gimme Shelter", "Happy", "Heartbreaker", "Midnight Rambler", "Street Fighting Man", "Dancing With Mr. D."

Newcastle 9/13/73 1st show- "Brown Sugar", "@#$%&", "Angie".

Rotterdam 10/14/73 1st show- "Brown Sugar".

Brussels 10/17/73 1st show- the complete show except "@#$%&".

Brussels 10/17/73 2nd show- "Gimme Shelter", "Happy", "Tumbling Dice", "@#$%&", "All Down The Line", "Rip This Joint".

.....there are also a couple of tracks ("Brown Sugar" from Munich and "Street Fighting Man" from Frankfurt) that are sourced from film and would be considered by some as soundboard recordings.

And there are several tracks from Essen 10/10/73 and Hamburg 10/2/73 ("Gimme Shelter", "Happy", "Tumbling Dice", "@#$%&", "Angie", "Dancing With Mr. D", "Heartbreaker" and "You Can't Always Get What You Want" if memory serves) that are either soundboard recordings or excellent audience recordings. Opinions vary. If they are indeed audience recordings, then they're possibly the best I've ever heard and they could easily pass as soundboards. But anyway, you can find these tracks on such compilations as "The Stars In The Sky, They Never Lie" and "The Jeane Clarke Memorial Sonic Barbeque" among others.

Hope this helps.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 29, 2007 23:34

May I ask another question then ,to Edmund or Tumbling dice 07, if all these tracks are available in soundboard quality has anybody gathered them all onto a set or are they just out there on various boots with different names and listings.
I was at Wembley in 73 and have over the years bought all sorts of versions of 73 stuff, also been sent buy people on this site different things from 73.
Does anybody have all these tracks , it would be nice to have them all together ,I know there are several duplicated songs but hey people collect Bigger Bang tour boots, and they don't bother about duplicated songs.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: August 30, 2007 00:16

adotulipson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> May I ask another question then ,to Edmund or
> Tumbling dice 07, if all these tracks are
> available in soundboard quality has anybody
> gathered them all onto a set or are they just out
> there on various boots with different names and
> listings.
> I was at Wembley in 73 and have over the years
> bought all sorts of versions of 73 stuff, also
> been sent buy people on this site different things
> from 73.
> Does anybody have all these tracks , it would be
> nice to have them all together ,I know there are
> several duplicated songs but hey people collect
> Bigger Bang tour boots, and they don't bother
> about duplicated songs.

"THe Definate Brussels Affair" from Rattlesnake contains all soundboard tracks, except :
-The 6 songs from the 2nd Brussels show (which is available on the very rare "Back To The Graveyard" on Outsider Bird...most, or all releases contains only 5 of these songs)
- Street Fighting Man from Frankfurt (which is a TV broadcast, not "real soundboard"
- Brown Sugar from Munich (also TV broadcast)

....so you need several CDs to collect it all.

The thing is that it's impossible to put together all the loose songs, to make them sound like 2 complete shows....since there is only 1 version of some songs - while up to 4 versions of other songs.
IMO, it gives a better atmosphere when the songs are put together to simulate 2 full shows...and those songs should be taken from Brussels and London since those shows are very similiar in both explosive energy and perfect quality.
...that means getting some of the same songs on both discs.....and add an extra disc with "loose ends"
The "perfect 73 SBD compilation" is still waiting to be pressed, and it would have to be a 4 disc set.

It's interesting that there are 2 completely different mixes of the Brussels/London material. Just compare "Europe 73" (last edition) with "Nasty Music"(VGP) or "Bunnies Bombs Bombs" - the later 2 has Taylor really really high in the mix while the sax/trumpet barely can be heard. "Europe 73" is the exact opposite. There are endless of 73 bootlegs, so it's easier to refer to the legendary VGP label for examples. This Taylor-favourable-mix is the mix that was made by Jagger himself, if memory serves.....and the most enjoyable I think.
The crucial last lick Taylor does in Tumbling Dice can't be heard on the first mentioned version.
One need to own both of them though!

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: August 30, 2007 00:30

Hi Erik ,
I sort of knew you would know the answer ,I thought I'd ask on here just in case someone else would like to know.
Thing is will someone now make a complete set , never mind the fact that there are so many versions of some songs, a 4 cd set as you say would be needed but if it contained the relevant track information , in perhaps date order I'm sure it would go down well with all true Stones fans.
Might even show the official people how to do such a project

73 Soundboards
Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: August 30, 2007 05:22

Thanx For The Info..Can Someone post BACK TO THE GRAVEYARD on OUTSIDER BIRD

SOULSURVIVOR

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: September 3, 2007 17:07

adotulipson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> May I ask another question then ,to Edmund or
> Tumbling dice 07, if all these tracks are
> available in soundboard quality has anybody
> gathered them all onto a set or are they just out
> there on various boots with different names and
> listings.
> I was at Wembley in 73 and have over the years
> bought all sorts of versions of 73 stuff, also
> been sent buy people on this site different things
> from 73.
> Does anybody have all these tracks , it would be
> nice to have them all together ,I know there are
> several duplicated songs but hey people collect
> Bigger Bang tour boots, and they don't bother
> about duplicated songs.

I actually compiled all the soundboard tracks from the '73 European tour and posted them on Hot Stuff awhile back. Maybe sometime last year. I also threw in the excellent audience recordings from Essen and Hamburg, which some people think are soundboard.

But I can't post them again. For one thing, I just don't have the time. For another, I don't want to post mp3's and polute the trading pool. That's another subject altogether.

If you would like to send me an email, then maybe we could work something out. Make sure to put something in the subject line so I will know to open it.

Posted by: Nanker Phlegm ()
Date: September 3, 2007 19:40

what name did you post it has Edmund ??

Thanks again for all the work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1616
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home