Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Value of Vinyl boots?
Posted by: Gibson ()
Date: August 9, 2007 21:21

Found this site...

[www.popsike.com]

That lists what bootlegs actually sold for at auctions.

I've got some vinyl Stones boots, and I'm getting ready to part with some duplicates. My question is, should I just ebay them? I would offer them to you here first, if there is any interest.

One in particular, "Two (great) Albums Cheap" - which is a TOQ double set with Burning at the Hollywood Palladium & European Tour 1970 - I've seen this go for hundred$$, and although mine is Mint, I don't know what they're really worth.

Any suggestions?

Re: Value of Vinyl boots?
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 9, 2007 21:45

EBAY takes too much of a cut....so they are disappointing in that respect.
Plus the Paypal cut.

I could never part with mine, but when I'm dead I would hope my wife sells them to other collector's directly! Find a collectors market or record fair..or even a shop near you that knows the value. Advertise it in Goldmine.

2 cents worth

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: August 10, 2007 19:15

The high priced ones are generally original TMOQs, K&S, Idle Mind labels, etc. Early variations on Color vinyl, especially labels above can fetch thousands. An original copy of Omaayad by Pink Floyd, recently sold for over $1,000 US. I have seen splatter vinyl TMOQs with the deluxe printed on covers sell for upwards of $4,000 US. Depends on if an auction gets a war going between two collectors.

JR

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: August 10, 2007 20:30

Actually as I do not collect anymore and wanted to go to see the Boys in 05 in the US I sold my vinyl records and I was surprised what the outcome was. I sold about 80 original boot-albums and 7 concerts, flight to US and Hotels for 2 were paid. Honestly speaking I would do it again for every life show.
Today I only collect the shows which I have attented.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home