Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: POST: "Sympathy for the devil" video from "Frost on Saturday" '68 (UPGRADE!)
Posted by: mikey ()
Date: November 10, 2010 20:13

The Frost DVD does indeed contain the full performance of "Sympathy for the Devil". It's in black and white as originally broadcast. Like the copy that was circulating in "collector's circles" it has a very slight amount of red/blue/green fizz running through it and hasn't in any way been restored. The whole of the surviving Frost on Saturday Shows are on this DVD. Sadly the Frost interview with Mick Jagger and Mary Whitehouse which preceded this performance and in fact was semi instrumental in creating the opportunity for it, was wiped and therefore does not appear on this collection.

This performance is a must have item for devotees of the Rolling Stones when they were still dangerous and the very incarnation of sweet damned youth going to hell in a rock n roll handcart.

No true Stones fan should be without it.

Re: POST: "Sympathy for the devil" video from "Frost on Saturday" '68 (UPGRADE!)
Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 11, 2010 13:05

Hi Mikey; I understand this version includes the real audio. As you know , the one circulating was using partial video and the official audio.

Can you confirm?

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: November 12, 2010 10:38

I received a copy myself yesterday. Yes, it uses real audio with Mick's live vocals, but the picture doesn't seem to be restored.
The "Best of Frost" documentary that i used to make my edit had a better a picture with less artifacts, although it was only about one minute sad smiley

By the way there is another highlight on this DVD set - John Lennon singing "Hey Jude" during the end titles. It was previously available only as audio.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: November 12, 2010 16:26

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-12 16:43 by straycat58.

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: September 29, 2013 22:41

Has the audio of the Sympathy for Frost performance surfaced on any bootleg?

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Godxofxrock9 ()
Date: September 29, 2013 22:48

Britney
Has the audio of the Sympathy for Frost performance surfaced on any bootleg?
Not that i know of

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2030
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home