Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: POST: "Sympathy for the devil" video from "Frost on Saturday" '68 (UPGRADE!)
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 23, 2008 11:50

Fantastic work lenchik!!! Thank you so much for sharing it!!!

Re: POST: "Sympathy for the devil" video from "Frost on Saturday" '68 (UPGRADE!)
Posted by: mikey ()
Date: March 23, 2008 12:35

I'd like to think that this performance and other equally rare and scintillating moments of the band at the height of it's powers could be presented in the ultimate retrospective of The Rolling Stones.

Perhaps in the style of the excellent Dylan film "No Direction Home"?

Perhaps someone like Martin Scorcsese could direct?

OK OK Only teasing!

Sorry, sorry, etc, etc...

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 24, 2008 01:41

Terrific upgrade Lenchik, thanks !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2008-03-25 00:47 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: ghostryder13 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 08:43

that was freakin awesome ...thanks

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: March 24, 2008 10:04

Actually the more I think about this the more knocked out I am, there are few of us that have the sheer dogged determination to source and then follow up the contacts required to make a project like this happen.

In the unlikely event that a definitive Stones retrospective is going to happen any time soon, I for one would nominate Lenchik as being ideally suited to put in the necessary groundwork to track some of the material required to it's best sources, which is what has happened here.

And in a way, because Lenchiks work here is non corporate, non profit seeking and just motivated by his desire to share with the world just how awesome these guys were at the zenith of their powers, it's all the more impressive.

Posted by: axl79 ()
Date: March 24, 2008 12:40

Thanks for sharing such a nice work.
It looks great!thumbs up

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: March 24, 2008 13:01

lenchik
After months of searching I managed to locate some new sources for this historic performance. As for now my version utilizes four different docs -

1. "50 Years of ITV London"
2. "Boys and girls: Sex and British pop"
3. "Let it bleed"
4. "David Frost: Best of Talk"

I didn't use Fatboy Slim clip as the picture there is distorted.

After 7 hours of editing and syncing I managed to produce a 3:13 video (the old one was 2:00), which will be possibly the longest and the best quality source available.

I'm happy to share it with you.

Youtube:

Original MPEG-2 file: [www.sendspace.com]

p.s. I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this project

Thankyou for your work! That's a fine job lenchik!

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: THERIFF ()
Date: March 24, 2008 16:32

HI LENCHIK, MANY MANY THANKS FOR YOUR EXCELLENT WORK, LETS HOPE THE FULL VERSION TURNS UP EVENTUALLY, CHEERS THE RIFF

Posted by: kensbro ()
Date: March 24, 2008 20:09

I saw this live when it was broadcast. I was listening to wonderful Radio London, the pirate station, as I remember, and the D.J. whispered that despite what he was playing, he was watching something better on The David Frost Show. No doubt he whispered as telling listeners to watch TV was not encouraged.
It is such a thrill to see it again 40 years later.

Posted by: turnersmemo ()
Date: March 24, 2008 21:47

Thanks very much for sharing this with us, Lenchick! hot smiley

Posted by: Riffbuk ()
Date: March 24, 2008 22:40

lenchik!!
Amazing Job. Congrats its really good!!

Posted by: dixiecup ()
Date: March 24, 2008 23:03

thumbs up cool stuff. thanks for sharing.

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 25, 2008 11:33

how can i download this clip from youtube?

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: March 25, 2008 12:02

found it ! with VDownloader, very good tool.

Posted by: straycat58 ()
Date: March 12, 2009 15:03

One question.

for this video (CONGRATULATIONS FOR THIS EXCELLENT WORK!) did you mix the audio of the original BB version, adapting it to the length of the video and shortening to 3,00 mins?

Do we have any information about the audio that was broadcasted; in zentgraf is reported live vocals on prepared backing track but I doubt they used the 6,21 backing track of the Beggars.

To make it simpler, do we know how long was the video broadcasted at the Frost?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 12, 2009 16:47

"Keith's solo, while mimed, is also completely different than the released recorded version"

I have the impression it's very close to the original, more "space" between bars but other than that...

Posted by: lenchik ()
Date: March 16, 2009 20:37

I used a portion of the original audio and a portion of BB audio, because some video parts were obscured by the narrator. The vocals on this broadcast were live.

Date: April 9, 2010 11:07

Today ABKCO has blocked access to this video sad smiley

Seems like it was indeed popular on youtube

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-04-09 12:00 by lenchik.

Date: April 9, 2010 17:58

lenchik
Today ABKCO has blocked access to this video sad smiley

Seems like it was indeed popular on youtube

unless theyr'e planning to issue it officially in the near future.
please don't forget the whole set of the B&W Circus, thanks.

Date: April 9, 2010 23:00

you are in the queue smiling smiley

Date: October 29, 2010 16:42

The wait is OVER smiling smiley

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Date: October 29, 2010 17:11

lenchik

[www.amazon.co.uk]

WOW !!!

Posted by: mothra665 ()
Date: October 30, 2010 04:45

we need this DVD in the US

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 30, 2010 05:13

excellent news!!! Nice and in colour...it seems.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: October 30, 2010 10:11

Now this is the sort of archive material i like!!

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: October 30, 2010 11:10

yep, 1 Holy Grail down....49 to go...

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: October 30, 2010 11:48

I live in eternal hope that someone finds a copy of the 1968 poll winners show while they're sifting through their dads old cine films.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: October 30, 2010 21:10

lenchik

[www.amazon.co.uk]

Thanks for this info., just purchased my copy online!

J

Date: November 5, 2010 12:00

-

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-10 17:30 by straycat58.

Date: November 10, 2010 17:29

Hi Marko, did you receive the DVD? I'm anxious to know if SFTD is complete, in colour, etc.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-11-10 17:30 by straycat58.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1903
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home