Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST : SB ; No Flash, No Gimmicks! The Definitive 1978 Fort Worth Edition via GigaSize FLAC-ZIP Files
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: August 1, 2007 14:16

X

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-10 13:37 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : SB ; No Flash, No Gimmicks! The Definitive 1978 Fort Worth Edition via GigaSize FLAC-WinRAR Files
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: August 1, 2007 16:25

FLAC!!!!
Get this or you will regret it.

Thank you UrbanSteel!

Re: POST : SB ; No Flash, No Gimmicks! The Definitive 1978 Fort Worth Edition via GigaSize FLAC-WinRAR Files
Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: August 1, 2007 16:50

UrbanSteel:

What do need to open WINRAR files ???????? In the past you zipped the files using WINZIP which I had no problem with.

SFTD

Date: August 1, 2007 17:29

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-10 13:38 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: August 1, 2007 21:10

Waaaooh !!!

If you just want to have one concert from 1978
it must be this one!!!

Great post Urbansteel

HMN

Posted by: SFTD ()
Date: August 2, 2007 02:45

Urbansteel:

Thanks for the help. I was able to open the zipped file using WINRAR.

Haven't had a chance to listen to DISC 1 yet so thanks in advance.

SFTD

Posted by: Mika ()
Date: August 2, 2007 03:07

wow! great, WILD stuff!!!
Couldn't work all day listening this!

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 2, 2007 22:03

This is, indeed, a great show and it's fabulous to have it available to all like this.

A few corrections/comments on the Comments posted are necessary however:

"This concert is close to the end of the tour and the set list is set with no surprises. "Satisfaction" and "Street Fighting Man" were played in some of the early shows but were dropped by then"

Actually, Satisfaction and Street Fighting Man were performed at the July 16 and July 13 shows, respectively. Also the famous 'Good-bye San Francisco' version of Satisfaction from the Satisfaction Guaranteed 2LP vinyl boot would, presumably, come from the final Oakland show on July 26.

"The horn section and back up singers that accompanied the band in 1972 and 1975 are missing and the Stones are joined only by Ian Stewart and Ian MacLagan on various keyboards and pianos."

There were no backup singers on either of these tours (besides the rare encores of Uptight/Satifaction in later 72 shows, but I would not call these 'backup singers'), and the horn section was only present on the 1972 tour -- besides an occassional guest, there were no horns/sax on the 1975 tour.

"Since Fort Worth was being filmed and recorded they sound sober and deliver a blistering set."

I would hardly call any of the 78 shows 'sober' -- Mick's just as sloppy drunk on this one, and chek out the video -- plenty of coccaine on THIS tour! And check out Mick's messing up of the lyrics on one or two of the early numbers. This film may not have seen the light of day officially _because_ the Stones were so 'sloppy' on this tour.

"The highlight of the first disc is "Miss You". It is curious that on this tour they played the 12" extended dance club version and the track last for eight and a half minutes with several instrumental interludes (but no harmonica)."

There's really no such thing as an "extended dance club version" of a song being played live. It IS that long. Prior to 1989, the Stones used to take songs out and jam onstage. They very rarely do this now outside of sing-along versions of Miss You and YCAGWYW. Imagination was running close to 7:00 on the 78 tour as well but that was not any 'club' version. The long (studio) versions of Miss You are remixes, or, more accurately, re-edits of the song. In fact, most of the Some Girls LP tracks are _shortened_ versions of the songs as revealed by the outtakes. Many have instrumental portions (jams) edited out, some even have verses removed. The 12" mix simply used more of the material from the original, unedited, compelte performance.

As for the harmonica, it is missing in the 78 shows because Mick did not play harmonica on the tour for whatever reason. (The studio harmonica is played by Sugar Blue). Interesting since Mick plays some harmonica during the 1978 tour rehearsals

"In "Just My Imagination" Mick quips "we're gonna raise a family...ain't that cute?" "

And let's not overlook the "Jimmy Page, was quite a rage. I could not see the reason why!" verse Mick adds during @#$%&. A sly reference to Page's endowment according to groupie testimony.

J

Posted by: Mika ()
Date: August 3, 2007 03:04

Also in Just my Imagination:

"but in reality, she doesn't @#$%& know me"...

Priceless!!!

Posted by: astmalia ()
Date: August 3, 2007 07:07

I love The Stones without backing vocals and horns. Thanks for this.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: August 4, 2007 00:42

JMARKO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is, indeed, a great show and it's fabulous to
> have it available to all like this.
>
> A few corrections/comments on the Comments posted
> are necessary however:
>
>

You may know this already but those comments weren't actually written by Urban Steel. Those were just the torrent notes that he copied and pasted.

Very informative post though, JMARKO.

Thanks to Urban Steel as always for making some of the best Stones music available in a lossless format.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: August 4, 2007 01:50

Absolutely knew they weren't his notes.

Thanks for reiterating that.

See my "Ft. Worth 78 NOT Ft. Worth 78 for more.....

J

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: August 4, 2007 19:26

JMARKO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Absolutely knew they weren't his notes.
>
> Thanks for reiterating that.
>
> See my "Ft. Worth 78 NOT Ft. Worth 78 for
> more.....
>
>
> J

Yeah I've been reading that thread. Fascinating stuff JMARKO. I'm surprized more people didn't notice the splice in "Miss You" but honestly, I had noticed the volume change early in the song and never really payed it much mind.

Date: August 5, 2007 15:37

Hi, I've got the four Cd "handsome girls", you can also hear on these, 2 differents versions of Lies, and one version of "Hound Dog"..
it sounds perferct.. I would be very happy to post them, but this is my first day on this forum and i don(t really know how to do..
Sorry for My bad english...
Mon éléphant

Date: August 5, 2007 16:37

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-10 13:38 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: tobbeer ()
Date: August 6, 2007 07:56

Thank you for your generosity mr Urban Steel!
I have downloaded several shows from you and I´m very grateful.
Thank you!
/ Tobbeer

Posted by: keith1978 ()
Date: August 11, 2007 16:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-08-11 17:02 by keith1978.

Posted by: Rank Stranger ()
Date: August 13, 2007 12:43

Hello!

Thanks for posting this over here in FLAC !

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 10, 2007 04:36

The copy I downloaded cuts off the end of Just My Imagination...is that truly missing or did I have a download problem??

Date: September 10, 2007 10:55

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-10 13:39 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: September 10, 2007 22:12

Thank you! I'll grab it tonight when I get home from work...

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 25, 2009 13:45

Seems that the links for this all-important, surely essential Stones live album are expired!

Date: April 25, 2009 14:57

X

Re: POST : SB ; No Flash, No Gimmicks! The Definitive 1978 Fort Worth Edition via GigaSize FLAC-ZIP Files
Posted by: mariano ()
Date: April 26, 2009 21:49

listen this great recording.....
shattered is cut (intro), one second?
I have the mp3 version, is ok.
can you repost.
thanxs

Re: POST : SB ; No Flash, No Gimmicks! The Definitive 1978 Fort Worth Edition via GigaSize FLAC-ZIP Files
Date: April 26, 2009 22:20

X

Date: April 26, 2009 22:26

somebody have and up shattered in flac
thanxs

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: April 27, 2009 13:23

thanks a lot, UrbanSteel!

Date: April 28, 2009 00:39

thanks, UrbanSteel
but check Shattered in that zip, is cut at the intro. (one second)
thanxs very much, always....

Date: April 28, 2009 10:50

X

Date: April 28, 2009 17:01

thanxs like always
thanxs

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1753
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home