Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
POST : SB ; “Keep Your Motor Running” , The Unreleased 1972 Live Album FLAC-ZIP Files
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 16, 2007 13:56

X

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:23 by UrbanSteel.

Re: POST : SB ; “Keep Your Motor Running” , The Unreleased 1972 Live Album via GigaSize FLAC-WinRAR Files
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 16, 2007 22:03

like your posts urban,,, with pic and info,,,even if i already have them.
it would be nice with aud rec of pittsburg july 22 1972,,

Re: POST : SB ; “Keep Your Motor Running” , The Unreleased 1972 Live Album via GigaSize FLAC-WinRAR Files
Date: July 16, 2007 22:38

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:23 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: July 16, 2007 22:46

i know you posted them once,,,soundboard..
track not there is SWEET VIRGINA ,complete SFM

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: July 17, 2007 15:37

How's this compare to "Very Ancient Thank You Kindly"?

Aren't these both from the partially finished unreleased live album?

I thought I read somewhere the song selection was slightly different, some songs seem speeded up, and one was stereo and the other mono, but can't remember which was which...

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: July 17, 2007 16:39

kovach Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How's this compare to "Very Ancient Thank You
> Kindly"?
>
> Aren't these both from the partially finished
> unreleased live album?
>
> I thought I read somewhere the song selection was
> slightly different, some songs seem speeded up,
> and one was stereo and the other mono, but can't
> remember which was which...

Ok I sent a cdr of this to Urban Steel, which I downloaded from a torrent. Some of these tracks are available on "Very Ancient" but they run too fast. They run at the correct speed on here. "Very Ancient" also has several audience sourced tracks. This is the actual '72 live album that was never released complete with overdubs and mixed for radio. The '72 live album portion ends with "Uptight/Satisfaction". I added a couple of bonus tracks, mainly to help complete Urban Steel's collection of '72 soundboard material.

The version of "Keep Your Motor Running" that I downloaded from a torrent had a few bonus tracks from the '73 European tour ("Brown Sugar", "Angie", "@#$%&" from Newcastle 9/13, and "Dancing With Mr. D" from Wembley 9/9/73 I believe) but I didn't include those. They're available on many different bootlegs and was compiling a sort of "Complete '72 Soundboards" type of thing for Urban Steel so I didn't want to use any material from other tours.

Date: July 17, 2007 17:37

Ok, I look forward to downloading! Thanks.

Posted by: Mika ()
Date: July 18, 2007 00:11

Many, many thanks! I just finished the download.

Date: July 18, 2007 02:36

Ok, can someone help me out please?

I downloaded the file...now what??

Previous downloaded FLAC files I ran through the FLAC decoder to convert copies to WAV then burn to an audio CD. But this seems different...I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

Thanks for anyone's help!!

Date: July 18, 2007 02:56

One more dumb question...are the original 11 songs meant for the official live album identical between the original "KYMR" and the Gold Edition?

Date: July 18, 2007 03:23

Ok...nevermind, after downloading WinRAR, I think I got it!

I would like some comments though on the 'regular' vs. the 'Gold Edition'...are the first 11 songs identical, or are they of better quality on the 'Gold Edition'?

Thanks!!!

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: July 18, 2007 04:52

kovach Wrote:
> Ok...nevermind, after downloading WinRAR, I think
> I got it!
>
> I would like some comments though on the 'regular'
> vs. the 'Gold Edition'...are the first 11 songs
> identical, or are they of better quality on the
> 'Gold Edition'?
>
> Thanks!!!

From what I understand, Gold Edition cd's are supposed to be of better quality. I don't know if the sound is actually any better, but I know the gold discs are supposed to last longer.

Posted by: silkcut1978 ()
Date: July 18, 2007 13:37

an excellent CD, no doubt about it - but this is NOT the official live-album that was to be released.

have a look on Nico's site for more details - an acetate of the unreleased album was once broadcast in the US and a tape of it is around and it's not the same stuff as here.

Date: July 18, 2007 14:36

X

Date: July 18, 2007 15:03

yes, but if you compare you can see that SV, RTJ & Uptight/SAT are from other shows (maybe more? I'm in a hurry...).

Nico's hint at Uptight/Satisfaction (unidentified source) is based on the fact that the version from the acetate isn't on any of the tapes/LPs/CDs we already have. In other words it's not from Philadelphia for instance.

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: July 18, 2007 15:06

You' re right, Silkcut.

I have posted the artwork of the 'Unreleased DECCA live album 1972' here

front:

[www.gigasize.com]

back:

[www.gigasize.com]

If it' s allowed here I could post it later.

Date: July 18, 2007 15:08

X

Date: July 18, 2007 15:18

UrbanSteel Wrote:
> Nice discussion ,
>
> Nico write in the comments ; Note: Some dates and
> places are unsure.
>

Yes, because there is no audience source for both Houston shows and for Philadelphia, 21.07. 1st - so in some cases one can only guess from which show a song may come from :-)

But fact is that there are complete sources for Philadelphia 20.07. and Philadelphia 21.07. (2nd show) - so it's easy for instance to say that Satisfaction on the acetate isn't from Philadelphia as it wasn't even played at the afternoon show on 21.07. (at least I think so, hope I don't mess it up in my memory ;-) and as it's not the same version as on the other 2 Philly shows.

There's only one thing to understand: bootleggers are trying to make money, that's their business. Personally I think something like "unreleased Live-LP" sells better than "another soundboard compilation" ;-) That's the reason why we got plenty of LPs and CDs in the last 20 years which said "unreleased blabla". But it's simply not true. until now the broadcast of the acetate is unreleased on LP/CD BECAUSE of the bad quality/bad equipment it was recorded. It's full of hiss, I think mono only and all in all not a listening pleasure. Would it be the other way (exc.stereo) I bet we'd have a ton of correct "unreleased LIVE-LP"-releases :-)

Date: July 18, 2007 15:21

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:24 by UrbanSteel.

Date: July 18, 2007 15:24

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:24 by UrbanSteel.

Date: July 18, 2007 15:25

HAHA - please read my posting above :-))

I have an LP from ca. 1983 which is called "The Great Lost Live Album Vol.1" with tracks from Fort Worth & Philadelphia. Again, the LP is great but the title is - hm - kind of a cheat. Still I'm waiting for Vol.2 - maybe with tracks from Hampton 81 ?! ;-))

Date: July 18, 2007 15:27

UrbanSteel Wrote:
> silkut1978 , thanks for your info and time .

And THANK YOU for the upload of "Keep Your Motor Running" - besides the fact that it's not the Live-LP it's a killer-release and highly recommended. I think it can't get any better and I'm still enjoying this release a lot !

Date: July 18, 2007 15:38

X

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:25 by UrbanSteel.

Date: July 18, 2007 15:48

Thanks for asking UrbanSteel. Seems to be the film-soundtrack on a first view. Do you have artwork for it? At the moment I'm unsure if I have this release or not. I remember that I bought quite a few TMoQ CD-releases a few years back but as I'm in office I can't check them at the moment.

On one hand I think I have it - on the other I can't remember that I heard a clearly better sounding recording...

If I don't have it I'd like to be the first to say Thank You in case you're going to upload it ! ;-)

Date: July 18, 2007 15:53

UrbanSteel Wrote:
> Hi silkut 1978 ,
>
> i have another question
>
> what is yout opionion about the bootleg Ladies &
> Gentlemen ; The Rolling Stones from Trade Mark Of
> Quality 'TNOQ-02/006 is that te real one ?
> I have the silver disc .
>
> The Rolling Stones
> LADIES & GENTLEMEN THE ROLLING STONES
> Ft. Worth & Houston 9.75 - Film soundtrack
> 1 CDR
>
> - Brown Sugar - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd
> - Bitch -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 2nd
> - Gimme Shelter - Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st
> - Dead Flowers - Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st
> - Happy - Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st
> - Tumbling Dice -Houston 25.6.72, 1st
> - Love In Vain -Houston 25.6.72, 1st
> - Sweet Virginia -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 1st
> - You Can't Always Get What You Want -Houston
> 25.6.72, 1st
> - All Down The Line - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd
> - Midnight Rambler - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd
> - Band introduction -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 2nd
> - Bye Bye Johnny -Houston 25.6.72, 1st
> - Rip This Joint -Fort Worth 24.6.72, 2nd
> - Jumping Jack Flash -Houston 25.6.72, 1st
> - Street Fighting Man - Houston 25.6.72, 2nd
>
>
> This appeared out of nowhere in October 2002 - a
> nearly flawless copy of the long-lost L&G
> soundtrack. The other 1972 recordings are
> instantly in a distant second place. This is a
> killer, a wonderful present for fans of the 1972
> tour.
>
> source
> bruceb.com

There's a great version of this called "You Can't Do That Baby" by VGP, and I believe another by Sister Morphine. I have no idea which of the 3 (or more) are of the highest quality. I haven't heard the mentioned TMOQ version, but the VGP one is very good.

Date: July 18, 2007 15:58

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-20 15:36 by UrbanSteel.

Date: July 18, 2007 16:12

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:25 by UrbanSteel.

Date: July 18, 2007 16:40

thanks UrbanSteel - yes, I have this one.

funny, I'll have to listen to again and ask "somebody" where the tapes came from for this release. Can't remember that the sound was that good.

Date: July 18, 2007 16:45

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:25 by UrbanSteel.

Date: July 18, 2007 16:52

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-08-07 20:26 by UrbanSteel.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home