Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Whatever happened to snail mail trading?
Date: June 27, 2007 19:49

I realize in this day of modern technology that file sharing has become a quick, easy and convienent way to share music. But do any of you out there miss the days of snail mail trades??
I kind of prefer the snail mail method, especially when you open up the Stonsey package in your mailbox and find the artwork included with the show. Plus, when I send someone a show, I usually to try include a little surprise, such as a show I don't think the person has in their collection. Heck, one time a fellow Stones fan sent me a show, and included in the package was a book about Brian Jones. That was an extra cool surprise.
Just curious on your thoughts and preferences concerning the changes happening regarding trading/sharing music.

Re: Whatever happened to snail mail trading?
Posted by: monkeyman07 ()
Date: June 27, 2007 20:34

I use to trade evreyday.
I receive many packages a week

wipeacdc@hotmail.com
never too old or young to rocknroll!!!!!!

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 27, 2007 20:52

It hasn't arrived yet....

Posted by: Rolling on ()
Date: June 27, 2007 23:50

I' m always looking for a good trade. If anyone wants to have a trade with me (only DVD-Boots) feel free to contact me

JumpingJack1@gmx.de

Posted by: stone-relics ()
Date: June 27, 2007 23:56

Still trade by mail occasionally, especially if I find the taper....MUCH better quality that way....as I cant burn from Flac....still prefer anything predigital age on tape anyway....sounds much better.

But I have been trading for so long, there really isnt anything I need, They new shows are fine in mp3....

JR

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: June 28, 2007 01:20

I like snail mail trading I started off I O W to a few regular traders on monday and as you can see it's on here already.
Nothing quite like a parcel from some far part of the world containing a few cds or dvds to brighten up your day.
By the way I too have I O W for snail mail trade, drop me an email if you are interested

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 28, 2007 06:19

Living in Australia postage costs are a bit of an issue, they've just increased international postage, so I stick with flac, mp3s, whatever I can get via the net. There's so much available that it keeps me very happy, don't have enough time to listen to everything I d/l (lol)

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: June 28, 2007 09:54

Yeah man, brown paper packages tied up with strings and all. I miss getting stuff and making friends through trading.

It's gone the way of the vinyl record and the cassette. I've got boxes and boxes of tapes, but the last time I upgraded by stereo, I literally could not find a cassette deck for sale.

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 29, 2007 00:26

Copying and mailing gets to be a bit of chore after a while. Anymore I like hearing the thoughts when I post a rare show that someone was at, usually the more obscure the more fulfilling it is.

I used to trade an awful lot but no matter how picky and restrictive I would be, I would still get more than I could ever listen to. Now with the last postage increase I don't want to mail anything at all anymore, unless someone has something on my want list (posted below). Anything else I could just get online. Most consumer brand blanks totally suck now and will be unlistenable in a few years and I really only want to use my supply of TY's for transferring masters.

Want list/list here

[www.geocities.com]

Posted by: johnarama ()
Date: June 29, 2007 14:51

I stopped trading by mail ages ago. Takes too much time (going to post office + waiting for trades to arrive can take a week!), plus cost: stamps, envelopes, blank CDs/DVDs. Plus it's bad for the environment. (ok truth is I'm a cheapskate too!). I use GigaTribe [www.gigatribe.com] which lets it's users download huge files and even entire folders directly off of each other. If anyone wants to look me up, my GigaTribe username is jcarricaburu.

And if anyone has the June 16, 2007 Paris show, let me know! I'll even pay good money to get a copy by snail mail!

;-)

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: June 29, 2007 19:39

The Paris show is on Dime A Dozen AND Rocks Off! It showed up like the next day.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: June 29, 2007 22:40

I prefer snail mail trading. Every time I download a show and try to put it on disc somethign happens and I always need to do it a few times to get it right. For example, I reently downloaded the Detroit 81 show, at first I put it on cd and the sound was too loud and distorted, some reposted it, put it on cd again and then a song was screwed up in the middle. So it took me three tries to get this on cd.

Rather just make a copy and mail it over. And its nice coming home and having a box of treats waiting for me in my mailbox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home