Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Rare
Posted by: stonesrock ()
Date: May 30, 2007 11:17

hi guys,

searching thru youtube and came across this rare find ?
never heard this track before ,it goes for a few seconds ,to me it sounds like jagger and the stones ?
if you go to youtube , just type in }
rolling stones rare unreleased studio outtake

god talk about a tease ,please guys check it out ?
bro thinks it could be from the goats head soup session , i think it could be from undercover sessions ?
yeah what do you guys think ,love to get more info on this } is this rare take or fake take ?

cheers

Re: Stones Rare
Date: May 31, 2007 09:46

well anybody checked it out yet?

i'm sure someone out there has !

any comments would be great ,maybe somebody out there knows some info on this Rare take ?

cheers

Posted by: funkycrow ()
Date: May 31, 2007 22:38

WOW!

Can't say I ever heard that one before.
Damn straight, that is one killer tease!
Love to hear the full acetate on that one.

Moanin in the moonlight,
singing for my supper.

Posted by: JoeHill ()
Date: June 1, 2007 07:10

Wow! Great find....I agree with Bro...sounds like an early version of Star*ucker...man like to hear the whole thing!!

Date: June 2, 2007 04:31

Thanks for the comments !

yeah joehill and funkycrow the person who put it on says it's from the early 80's , i thought i was kinda right when i said undercover sessions.

sadly he says he don't know the title of it, and he can't share it all cause he got it of a friend ? who dosen't want him too, thanks for the tease pal!

shame as i would have loved to hear it all ,plus the title of it ?
than maybe with more info we could have traced it and see if there were more rare numbers from this mysterious session ?

don't know what's the big deal , it's only a track , these days with everybody on the net downloading almost nothing is left rare or unheard!

cheers

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: June 2, 2007 04:40

That is quite a find. I'd love to know what it is...it definitely sounds like the GOATS HEAD SOUP or IORR sessions. That sounds like Billy Preston on keyboards. Nice harmony vocal by Keith but it sounds like he might be singing a complete different lyric just like on "I Can't Help It." Great track and further proof of the countless gems we've never heard.

Date: June 2, 2007 04:57

yeah it sure is a rare find, amazing indeed , all these rare numbers showing up lately in the last few years unreal!

most say it's from the goats head soup session, but i still think it's from the cover sessions or maybe even dirty works sessions ,or even the somegirls sessions ?

i think jagger's voice to me sounds early to mid 80's sound but i could be wrong here ?

i have lots of stones books almost lost count on how many i'v read with sessions info ,with some rare titels plus titles that i've read on the net thru the years!

just look at Rockman's rare 60's find ( Mercy Mercy, Key to the highway) that he kindly shared with the rest of us Stones freaks.

amazing about those rare 60's tracks, i'm sure i read somewhere before that most of those tracks were lost or erased , maybe it was tracks like Try me and others that were lost ?

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 2, 2007 06:27

Thanks stonesrock!!

Could someone turn that snippet into a MP3?
and maybe share it here?

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Christian ()
Date: June 2, 2007 10:50

sounds like a Chuck Berry song.
If someone can figure out some lyrics lines, maybe a google search could answer the question.
"Come on now" that's all I can figure out.

Date: June 2, 2007 10:58

it would be a real treat to get it in full on mp3 u2stones,

love to hear it all, sounds dam dirty and good ,

good idea Christian ,but kinda hard making out what Mick's singing sometimes,
so you think it's a chuck berry number hmmmmmmmm ,should check out some berry
tracks out ?

Posted by: iamwaiting ()
Date: June 2, 2007 14:30

Once again, an outtake that's better than the album tracks. These are the lyrics I hear:

B E (Intro)
Verses E B
Yes, If I had your mother
If I had your car
If I had your money
I’ll be off the bar

?
? full of gas
I need to telephone five hundred bucks
Your plane might bring you back

Come on eyes of tattoo?
Come on eyes of blue
Come on liar, come on child
Get down on my knees and pray, woo hoo

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: June 2, 2007 15:36

Here it is the mp3 - converted to wav > then to 320kbps

[www.gigasize.com]

Posted by: jagbo ()
Date: June 2, 2007 16:25

super! Thanks.

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: June 2, 2007 17:15

Thanks a lot, rumple21

Date: June 2, 2007 18:01

Great job rumble21 thanks,
shame it's not complete ,the sound and the take is great unreal!

Date: June 2, 2007 18:26

Thanks, Rumple21 and StonesRock! It really reminds me of "Fiji Jim." I wonder if this is the reworked version of the song from the Voodoo Lounge sessions? There was a rumor this song and "So Young" were cut as a test to see about adding them to the Virgin reissues as bonus tracks. The released version of "So Young" credits Chris Kimsey as producer and not Don Was which would seem to bear this out. If this is the track, it would explain why Mick's voice sounds a bit deeper than it did in the early 1970s and also why the track has such a retro sound to it.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2007 19:05

iamwaiting Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Once again, an outtake that's better than the
> album tracks. These are the lyrics I hear:
>
> B E (Intro)
> Verses E B
> Yes, If I had your mother
> If I had your car
> If I had your money
> I’ll be off the bar
>
> ?
> ? full of gas
> I need to telephone five hundred bucks
> Your plane might bring you back
>
> Come on eyes of tattoo?
> Come on eyes of blue
> Come on liar, come on child
> Get down on my knees and pray, woo hoo

Doesnt say much for what you think of the Stones output if you think a 45 second snippet of a song with a barely audible vocal is 'better than the album tracks' - especially if those lyrics are in any way accurate. They're barely intelligible English

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 2, 2007 19:17

Definetly Jagger, Charlie. Sounds really good.

"...no longer shall you trudge 'cross my peaceful mind."

Posted by: jagger50 ()
Date: June 2, 2007 20:34

Thank you very much rumple21. This is absolutely fantastic stuff. Makes you wonder what else is in private possession.

Date: June 2, 2007 22:59

Gazza, I love the Stones, have all their albums, lots of boots and play and sing over 100 of their songs in my band. But IMO their best outtakes are better than most of Dirty Work, BTB, ABB to name a few. I don't think you could possibly know about what I "think of the Stones output." People are posting their opinions here and that was mine. Not everything the Stones release is their best stuff, IMO and you'd think you'd be used to a little critique of your beloved Stones if you're operating rocksoff.org. Maybe not. Regardless, the “rare” outtake “snippet” sounds great to me.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 2, 2007 23:44

iamwaiting Wrote:
> Gazza, I love the Stones, have all their albums,
> lots of boots and play and sing over 100 of their
> songs in my band. But IMO their best outtakes are
> better than most of Dirty Work, BTB, ABB to name a
> few.

Perfectly valid opinion,..but you seriously think this is in THAT category?

I don't think you could possibly know about
> what I "think of the Stones output."

Well..I do...as you've stated that this is better than whats on VL and have just stated above how you rate their best outtakes. So thats what you happen to "think"...

People are
> posting their opinions here and that was mine.

which youre entitled to

Not
> everything the Stones release is their best stuff,
> IMO and you'd think you'd be used to a little
> critique of your beloved Stones if you're
> operating rocksoff.org. Maybe not.

You obviously dont know what I "think of the Stones output" then! My "beloved" Stones?? WTF are you on about? I can be as critical about the Stones as anyone. More so than most in fact. Thats not the point. The point is I find it bizarre that you reckon a 45 second rehearsal clip with dummy lyrics is superior to the songs that actually made the final cut.

Regardless,
> the “rare” outtake “snippet” sounds great to me.

"Great" ? Interesting adjective. Its nice that its been unearthed (and thanks to whoever did so), but 'great' ? As in 'Gimme Shelter' ? Please tell me youre kidding.

For the record, some folks on the 'Tell Me' thread reckon it sounds like a Woodstock rehearsal from May 1978, as the keyboard style sounds like Ian McLagan. So, if true it seems to be a tour rehearsal as opposed to a studio outtake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-06-02 23:46 by Gazza.

Date: June 2, 2007 23:50

Yeah, I said great. I never said Gimme Shelter was great. Maybe I have a better word for that song.

Date: June 3, 2007 04:37

Yeah gazza owns the stones(funny) , his beloved stones , what about us pal can we love them as well ?

who cares it's a rare take or what ever ,enjoy what we have heard so far ,
everybody's free to post their opinions ,right gazza ?

but it's the way you say it that matters, maybe gazza is kinda upset cause he ain't got this rare dummy lyrics complete track in his beloved beatles collection oh sorry i mean Stones collection.

cheers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: June 3, 2007 05:26

I think this is from RCA Studios 1978, due to Ian MacLagan's strong presence and the overall "50's" feel this song has, like all the other songs from that session.

Posted by: STUFAN ()
Date: June 3, 2007 16:47

So Rocky, you think the electric piano is Chuck and this version was circa 1990's? I just sounds too late '70s to me but I could be wrong.

This is a Stones original, not an obscure cover like "Linda Lu" or the like???

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 3, 2007 16:53

well this is decent, and it is exciting too, but lets not become overexcited and write this into the 'lost classics' category!!! it does not belong there. its a basic rocknroll riff with very basic lyrics. nothing more nothing less.

Date: June 7, 2007 21:05

I didn't think it was Chuck on electric piano. I thought it sounded more like Billy Preston than Mac as I posted earlier. I agreed with the earlier poster who said Mick's voice sounded deeper, older than his early 70s voice. This led me to speculate it might have been from the VOODOO LOUNGE sessions where they remixed and overdubbed vocals on the existing "So Young" demo. The chorus around the 40 second mark reminded me of "Fiji Jim"'s melody line. It is of course equally possible it is one of the uncirculated UNDERCOVER outtakes like "Eliza Upchink" or "Angeline" for all we know. I feel that the negative response this thread received here and in the TELL ME forum is because of my posting in the latter. I wasn't trying to declare the Holy Grail had been unearthed, but this discovery hadn't picked up a lot of attention and I wanted to make more people aware of it to share and to see if someone could positively ID the track, and more importantly, hopefully convince the owner of the acetate to share more. Given the lacklustre response this received, I wouldn't bother if I were in his shoes. Most people groaned and treated it like "Extreme Western Grip." Personally, I love the feel of the track and hope the full thing makes its way out sometime in my life.

Posted by: Haristone ()
Date: June 7, 2007 21:43

it's_all_wrong Wrote:
> I think this is from RCA Studios 1978, due to Ian
> MacLagan's strong presence and the overall "50's"
> feel this song has, like all the other songs from
> that session.

i agree on the mac lagan sound. could be woodstock may 78 rehearsals, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1994
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home