Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 25, 2007 07:16

Another one for those enjoying these.
This is right off the SB again, and is such a perfect representation of the Ghost In The Machine Tour you have to hear it!

Set starts with the 3rd song as it was recorded by the band and they didn't get it going until late.

MISSING SONGS: 1 Message In A Bottle
2 Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic

And then this recording begins...

[www.gigasize.com]

Re: POST: The Police live in Houston 1982 SOUNDBOARD
Posted by: able ()
Date: March 25, 2007 13:21

Thanks for these they are really excellent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-25 13:55 by able.

Posted by: Doolittle ()
Date: March 25, 2007 13:55

Hi Munichhilton.
I don't post much here, as I've still not worked out how to upload things. So, rather embarrassingly- I feel like I'm 'taking' all the time & not giving anything back!.
So- to EVERYONE out there- I WILL rectify this soon, I promise!.
I just wanted to say: A MILLION THANKS for posting these shows!.
I was (am) a MASSIVE Police fan when they were in their prime- a member of their fan-club even & I still have a signed photo of the band proudly framed & displayed in my home!.
My first ever show was The Police at 'Deeside Leisure Centre' UK in 1981 (I was 14!).
How time flies!- these uploads are FABULOUS!. I'd forgotten just how awesome they really were as a live band!.
Also- I'd never noticed before, but- hasn't Sting's voice changed!. It's so high all those years ago- it's almost like the tapes are running too fast!- but, I know they're not.
Best Wishes,
Rob :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-25 14:03 by Doolittle.

Posted by: Shotaway2 ()
Date: March 25, 2007 19:34

Munichhilton, you are making a lot of friends here with these great Police posts. Even though this is primarily a Stones forum, your posts are getting a lot of hits. I love it.

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: March 25, 2007 20:26

The Police, J. Geils Band, Grateful Dead, Led Zeppelin, Bob Dylan, etc... I wonder if you forgot which band this board is about... smiling smiley

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 25, 2007 22:01

Wow, Munich Hilton! Thank you so much for those shows, I listened to them a dozen times over the past few days:-)
The sound of this show (Houston) is just amazing, absolutely perfect!
I've been looking for the Ghost In The Machine-Sessions lately, as there has been a lot of talk about them recently among fans, unfortunately I didn't find them anywhere? Do you know where to find them on the net?

Thanks again for uploading these great shows!

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: March 25, 2007 23:31

GHOST IN THE MACHINE SESSIONS

[rapidshare.de]
[rapidshare.de]

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 25, 2007 23:42

Yes, thank you! THIS is the tour I saw them on (Pittsburgh Civic Arena). As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'd never heard a better stage sound. This boot proves that the band had a hell of a soundcrew and PA system. What a shame we didn't get the first two songs (which are two of my faves).

Date: March 26, 2007 02:36

You are all welcome for the shows.
Even the resident grumbler there you're welcome too.

bassplayer617 you saw a helluva show in Pitt. I have that one as well, and it is one of only 4 performances of "Secret Journey" ever.

Nice one.

Shotaway2 - glad you enjoy. It's mainly in celebration of the reunion, I suppose I'll get back to the Stones soon enough but your right, apparently there are a ton of crossover fans here. I'm only one Police/Stones fanatic. Wait, that should be Stones/Police fanatic. That's better....

Papo - right on! Keep listening and get your Tix to see The Police asap. They are going quick. It looks like the Ghost sessions have been provided above!!!

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: March 26, 2007 03:32

Hey, if you post that Pittsburgh show or send me a link to it, I'd be forever grateful. gehiggin@hotmail.com

One more thing -- in the middle of "One World", everything stops, but you can hear Andy and Sting doing an impromptu tap dance. It was funny as hell to see, but it worked.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2007-03-26 04:06 by bassplayer617.

The Police live in Houston 1982 SOUNDBOARD
Posted by: Papo ()
Date: March 26, 2007 10:36

Thanks Lucab for those sessions. That was quick! Once again I am overwhelmed how helpful people are on this board.

And by the way, I don't think it does this board any harm to post quality bootlegs from other artists, too. I discovered a lot via downloading other artists shows recommended here. :-)

@munichhilton: I have already tickets for Mannheim, Amsterdam and might go to Hamburg and Munich as well. Sales are not as fast here as in other countries, so if any of you wants to come to Germany to see the police you can order tickets at eventim.de. If you need any help I'd be glad to help you out!

Re: The Police live in Houston 1982 SOUNDBOARD
Date: March 26, 2007 20:03

Excellent! Enjoy those shows!
I have tickets to Dallas, Texas only so far.
They were $260 apiece!!!!

What are you paying in Germany?

And thanks- I agree there is nothing wrong with posting free shows for others to enjoy, and I think most people here agree. Its all about The Stones and always will be, but it's fun to also listen to other great shows that will never see the light of day. I just skip the Posts of bands I don't like....

Posted by: Lucab12 ()
Date: March 26, 2007 22:18

No problem on the GITM sessions. Yeah, I think all and any bands should be posted.

I am going to the Police show at Giants myself

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home