Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Posted by: Tumblin_Dice_07 ()
Date: October 22, 2006 02:52

[www.micktaylor.net]

here's a link to a video of the Stones playing SFM on the '73 European Tour......some of the only footage I've ever seen of that tour......anybody know of any more????

Re: Post: "Street Fighting Man" Frankfurt '73 video
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 22, 2006 02:59

I've got some audience footage from different German concerts in 73....goes under the name of Never Too Old To Rock & Roll. Sound is taken from Brussels Affair, and it don't fit to the footage. Yet, it's a fantastic view...Mick drinking Jack Daniels on stage...a lot of it taken from front row. ABout 20 minutes.

Date: October 22, 2006 03:02

Really??? That's cool. I have a dvd called '73 Tour Report but I can't play it. The guy that burned it for me burned two different copies and he said they both worked when he played them on his MAC but they won't play in either of my dvd players. So I don't know what all is on that. Is your footage on VHS or DVD?

Date: October 22, 2006 03:07

It's actually just VHS. I'll have to update soon. But I think the 73 tour report is something else. The movie I talked about is a part of a 100 minute movie "Never Too Old To Rock & Roll - German Tours 1973 / 1976 / 1982". The 73 and 76 footage is very good at times (considering that it IS an audience recording), while 82 is crappy. I still haven't seen the DVD of Keep Your Pussies Clean, but I expect it to be taken from the movie I talked about...perhaps somebody could confirm?
BBC filmed one of the Wembley Empire Pool shows...I've read. It doesn't circulate though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-22 03:11 by Erik_Snow.

Date: October 22, 2006 03:12

I've heard of that movie "Never Too Old to Rock & Roll" ......didn't realize there was footage from '73 in it though. I've seen bootleg lists that are supposed to have some footage from the Rotterdam shows on cd....or video cd or whatever they call that. Is that the "Keep Your Pussies Clean footage you're talking about?

Date: October 22, 2006 03:16

Yes, it might be from Rotterdam. I've heard it was bad quality though. I never could find the original CD/DVD, and I haven't bothered downloading it. I'd like to find that one.
(BTW, there's several "homemade" movies with the Never Too Old... - name.)

Date: October 22, 2006 03:21

I don't remember hearing anything about the quality of the Rotterdam footage. I've heard that there's a cd out there of about 5 songs in sb quality taken from the footage but it's poor quality. Lots of skips and stuff. I don't know though. I've not heard alot about it and you know how that stuff goes.......lots of people don't know what they're talking about and lots of times cover art information isn't right either. For all I know, the footage from Rotterdam could be a home movie. I do know that there's an audio cd from the '73 Rotterdam shows called "Keep Your Pussies Clean."

Date: October 22, 2006 03:27

The DVD is a "bonus-disc". I assume we're talking audience footage.
Footage and great interviews from Melbourne 1973 can be downloaded for free in lossless quality on RocksOff, BTW.

Date: October 22, 2006 03:51

Yeah I saw that and attempted to download it. For some reason I can't download torrents. I've tried 3 different bittorrent clients and none of them will download anything for me......I have no idea what the deal is.....any suggestions?

Date: October 22, 2006 04:03

I'm not good at these things. I downloaded the usual bittorrent. And that was it. Everytime I press a title at RO...it starts downloading. I'm sure there's an answer to your problem. "Things don't crash without a reason"
There's a "bit-torrent help" at RO too.

Date: October 22, 2006 05:40

Yeah I've looked at the help page.....couldn't find anything that helped me haha......I think it's got something to do maybe with my server....whatever that is. One day a year or so ago, Kazaa stopped downloading.....I've downloaded Ares and something else to download music and neither one of them will download anything. None of the bittorrent clients will download anything and I read something when I downloaded one of them that said something about some servers wouldn't allow stuff to be downloaded like that. I dunno and I'm probably not making any sense but basically I can't use any program like Kazaa or any of the bittorrent clients.....oh well.......shit happens

Date: October 22, 2006 05:51

That sounds wierd, I've never heard about that problem before. I suggest you'll get a hold of open-g (with small letters) at this board. He's very good at all computer & downloading stuff.

Date: October 22, 2006 06:51

Yeah ok cool.........open-g??? You out there?

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: October 22, 2006 14:24

[www.sendspace.com]

1973 Tour .mpg

try this .is vcd format

Date: October 22, 2006 20:07

thanx vancouver.......i'll check it out

Date: October 22, 2006 21:13

that was great vancouver........thanx alot.......do you have any idea what the name of that lil clip was??? Or what the RTL logo stood for that kept appearing??? You wouldn't happen to know where the actual concert footage was filmed at would you? I wish the sound hadn't been dubbed. But it was still very good, thank you.

Date: October 22, 2006 22:22

I appreciate the upload Vancouver, but I can't seem to download from sendspace. But thanks.

Date: October 23, 2006 02:34

Ok That was the Rolling Stones Express.......I had heard of that before but when I watched it the first time I missed the opening frame that gave the title. As far as I know, the footage was from the legendary Brussels performances. I don't know if it was the 1st show or the 2nd or a combination of both.....probably both. I wish the sound had not been dubbed with studio tracks but it's still great......thanx alot vancouver

Date: October 23, 2006 03:36

Vancouver, I say Thanks too!
I was finally able to download, it's a nice short movie, I haven't seen it before.

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 23, 2006 10:56

Can someone repost the above mentioned [www.micktaylor.net] Street Fighting Man video Frankfurt 1973 as .mpg? Thanks a lot!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-23 14:02 by linnerz.

Posted by: aderobbio ()
Date: October 23, 2006 12:42

Great!!!!!!!!
Another video from 1973? Is important because, i think, the 73 is a year of rolling Stones's new image, the image of today!
Especially GOATS is important for this "new" STONES; i think this is the third RS's era. The first...1962-1967, the second: 1968-1972, the third: 1973-1978...the unique grat session!
Well, post all the video of 1973, please. We need of this

ciao

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 23, 2006 17:29

Tumblin_Dice_07 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah I've looked at the help page.....couldn't
> find anything that helped me haha......I think
> it's got something to do maybe with my
> server....whatever that is. One day a year or so
> ago, Kazaa stopped downloading.....I've downloaded
> Ares and something else to download music and
> neither one of them will download anything. None
> of the bittorrent clients will download anything
> and I read something when I downloaded one of them
> that said something about some servers wouldn't
> allow stuff to be downloaded like that. I dunno
> and I'm probably not making any sense but
> basically I can't use any program like Kazaa or
> any of the bittorrent clients.....oh
> well.......shit happens

Hi, Tumblin' Dice

I can think of 2 reasons why you can't download.
1. maybe your ISP (Internet service Provider) does not allow the usual torrent
ports to be opend, or
2. your firewall is blocking the traffic. Port forwarding is the main obstacle.

I'm only a little bit familiar with Azureus, so I'd suggest you try that client and we'll see what can done, ok?

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 23, 2006 22:59

Can someone post the above mentioned [www.micktaylor.net] Street Fighting Man video Frankfurt 1973 as .mpg format? Thanks a lot!

PS: The 1973 documentation (vancouver) is GREAT! Thank you!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home