Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Question about Black And Blue outtake "Let's Do It Right"
Posted by: it's_all_wrong ()
Date: October 2, 2006 02:33

I have two versions, one is slower than the other, and I think one of them either has the tape speed too fast or one of them has the tape speed too slow. Here they are, if someone could tell me which version is the right one, I'd appreciate it.

Slower version, off a boot called "Black And Blue Sessions"-
[www.yousendit.com]

Faster version, mistakenly titled as I Love Ladies, off of "The Emotional Rescue Sessions"-
[www.yousendit.com]

EDIT: This is my first uploading of songs. If anything doesn't work, please tell me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-02 02:35 by it's_all_wrong.

Re: Question about Black And Blue outtake "Let's Do It Right"
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 2, 2006 03:01

They're different versions. The version on Emotional Rescue Sessions is reportedly a remixed "81 version of the version that appears on Black & Blue Sessions. So same take, different mix. The speed could very well be incorrect on both versions.

Date: October 2, 2006 05:03

Thanks for clearing this up. It's been bugging me for a while.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: October 2, 2006 08:49

The speed on the 74 version sounds right compared to the slower version I have of it. I can't tell on the "81" version. Britney, do you have an email?

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: October 2, 2006 09:47

The first version is from 1975 and lasts 6.30 (key Bm). The 81 version lasts 5.31 (key Bm) and sounds much better.

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 2, 2006 23:08

What a great funky jam!!! It sounds so much like a "Black and Blue" outtake ... 81 can only be the date of remix. It appears on Jeff Beck Bootlegs too ... is it Beck on guitar? So it would definetly be a "Black and Blue" outtake!

Posted by: linnerz ()
Date: October 3, 2006 01:30

"Black and Blue" outtake? Jeff Beck on guitar?

Date: October 3, 2006 05:55

It could be. Although I seem to recall Cafaro or somebody saying that "Freeway Jam" was the only surviving cut of Jeff Beck from these sessions, so I'm not completely sure.

But it definately is a Black and Blue outtake. IMO, it should have been on the album. Or at least on Tattoo You.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-10-03 05:56 by it's_all_wrong.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1561
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home