Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Request: She Was Hot - Long Version
Posted by: nick ()
Date: May 11, 2006 23:39

I heard a longer version on the radio when this first came out. I assume Stu closing it out on Piano. Then 2 days later the station could not play it any longer. I have a 30sec wav clip of the ending but if I found that, does someone have the complete song? Thank you in advance.

Re: Request: She Was Hot - Long Version
Posted by: TatteredTongue ()
Date: May 12, 2006 00:25

I heard there is a radio edit. I want the radio edit (short version).

Sorry, don't know of any long version.

Posted by: rumple21 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 00:55

This is maybe what you're looking for - I downloaded it from IORR on 12th Nov 2005 (according to the file info) - sorry I didn't keep the original poster's name.

It's been copied from a radio broadcast - it's a fairly good recording. But if anyone has a better sound quality copy then please post..

anyway here is --

She Was Hot 06:49//192kbps
[download.yousendit.com]

Thanks to the original poster.

Date: May 12, 2006 05:26

That is exactly the one I was talking about!!! Wow...I hardly remembered those hard riffs too!!! Hopefully an official release of this someday. Thank you so much for posting this. YSP is a Wash DC station if I'm correct. I heard it on WNEW NY. I am looking at an old copy of Beggars Banquet and it says...

"if you've been hearing a longer version--featuring extra piano on some radio stations, you're actually listening to a pirated tape never meant for public consumption, which somehow leaked out of the Atlantic Records offices."

It probably was a legitimate tape of the track they used for the video which then became pirated. In the video we dont hear the rest of it because they fade out and fade in "Off the Hook".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-12 06:03 by nick.

Posted by: mjmjr ()
Date: May 12, 2006 06:23

actually WYSP is a station in Philadelphia. It used to be a great classic rock
station, but is now a garbage station. All they do is have talk shows, and occasionally play some bad music. They used to be a great stones station....once upon a time.

Date: May 12, 2006 07:36

My 2nd edit was to change that from philly to dc, should have left it alone. Is WMMR in Philly also?

Felix Aeppli is listing this as a "Specially edited version released as a promotional single in US Short/Long version RSR RS 7-99788 and in the UK DJ Version RSRDJ 114."

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 12, 2006 07:42

Is the link dead?

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 12, 2006 08:38

Just checked the link & it still seems to be up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: May 12, 2006 09:06

Strange, I can't get in.

Posted by: thkbeercan ()
Date: May 12, 2006 17:38

i have not been able to access the yousendit link for the last 12 hours

Posted by: godzi68 ()
Date: May 12, 2006 18:29

Yes, it was WYSP in Philly that played the "piano" version of She Was Hot. I remember them saying that they had a Rolling Stones world premier exclusive that they would play during the 5 o'clock hour. I had my Sony tape deck ready and I did record it. I still have that tape somewhere in my collection. This very first premier has 2 or 3 radio station break-ins during the song. They played it twice more in the evening with the "Another world premier from WYSP" at the beginning of the song but then no interruptions for the rest of the song. The next morning, they announced that they could not play that particular version because legal actions would be taken against the station. Several days later, they premiered the album version and the rest is history!

Marty

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 13, 2006 15:30

I taped this long version also in Cleveland on WMMS in 1983 and it's longer and cleaner than any version I've heard on bootlegs. They played it once in advance of Undercover then that was it. A similar shorter version appears on Laid In The Shade.

Posted by: deardoctortake1 ()
Date: May 13, 2006 15:39

Actually, they played several extended versions of other songs as well, plus a slightly different version of She Was Hot later , a long Undercover, usually with station IDs during the songs. I have a 45 minute tape of all of these songs which I should put on to CD.

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: May 13, 2006 15:49

Well..thats good rocking news!!!

Posted by: godzi68 ()
Date: May 13, 2006 16:27

I'd like to have a copy of that tape deardoctor! Burn it to a CD and i'll trade you for a copy.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: May 13, 2006 16:28

Sounds like a good idea deardoctor

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2371
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home