Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

uncut gimme shelter tracks
Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: May 1, 2006 11:39

read that there is uncut 3 track (also on gimme shelter movie)
on the boot ,a shot of salivation

Re: uncut gimme shelter tracks
Date: May 1, 2006 13:47

is love in vain,gimme shelter,street fighting man, om the boot shout of saliivation

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: May 1, 2006 22:15

Yes, "Love in Vain" and "Street Fighting Man" are from Madison Square Gardens 28th November 1969 show(I think) and are different to the "Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!" tracks SFM being the same as appeared in the movie "Gimme Shelter" but without the twitchy Radio KSAN DJ's voiceover as appears in this fantastic film.

The "Gimme Shelter" cut although it's (erroneously) attributed to Madison Square Gardens show is in fact from Altamont, in the intro to the track you can hear Jagger imploring the angels to lay off the "one little girl" (the one off her trolley, slightly chubby and very naked woman who is seen attempting to haul herself onto the stage in the film) before the song gets under way.

Actuallly it must be everybody's worst nightmare, i.e. finding yourself at a rock concert in the middle of the night, surrounded by a crowd of people in various stages of chemically induced psychosis, and gangs of Hells Angels beating several shades of shit out of anyone who so much as breathes over the nice Harleys that they've very considerately littered the areas in front of the stage with, it's winter and Oh Yes!

You came out without your clothes on!

I digress...

The provenance for these crystal clear stereo tracks (with no overdubs) is reputed to be someone who had access to the mixing board tapes and wanted to sell them to the bootlegging community for presumably a fortune so epic that those old bootleggers just decided to sit on their hands.

The three tracks that are presented on the Scorpio "A Shot of Salvation" boot were the teaser that the guy originally sent.

So the story goes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-05-01 22:20 by mikey.

Date: May 1, 2006 22:17

someone got these ,and get here ?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: May 1, 2006 22:25

I posted them over the weekend. Look for a gimmie shelter post by Stalmate. I think

Date: May 1, 2006 22:27

ok thanks,i really love the version of gimme shelter,,and sfm..and it would be nice to hear these uncutted ,,

Date: May 2, 2006 18:13

someone got these three trax ? ...

Date: May 2, 2006 19:47

I hope are what you are looking for

LIV
[download.yousendit.com]

SFM
[download.yousendit.com]

GS
[download.yousendit.com]

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: May 2, 2006 20:10

Some prob's with GS, Cafaro.
Could ya possibly up it again?
Most grateful!

Date: May 2, 2006 20:30

Date: May 2, 2006 20:41

hi couldn't download liv and sfm.but the new posted gs ok.

Date: May 2, 2006 21:03

Date: May 2, 2006 21:46

ok thanks,,,,,,,,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2103
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home