Buy/Sell/Trade :  Talk
This is the place where Stones fans can advertise anything for sale, wanted, trade or whatever, from fan to fan. Advertisements are for free.
To see the old ads go here

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 16: 23 November 1990 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show
Posted by: StonyRoad ()
Date: June 4, 2023 09:57

The Maidenlane TAPES:
a Mick Taylor tribute
Long-time Mick Taylor fan Maidenlane taped a number of Mick’s gigs on the East Coast (mainly in New York City) between November 1986 - May 1993 to preserve his own memories. Around the same time Mick Taylor lived in NYC and thus did a lot of concerts there, with his own bands or as a guest artist with other great musicians. Most if not all of Maidenlane’s recordings were never previously circulated among collectors, including a significant number of shows that have never circulated from any source. This will fortunately change now.
Maidenlane said he chose specifically to send these recordings to us to present these gems in the best possible way. Maidenlane will also provide some on-the-scene information and anecdotes from the shows that we will add to these publications. He asked only that we request music lovers to check their closets for recordings, so they can be preserved for study and enjoyment by future generations.

With Maidenlane and nzb we decided to form a team to present these nuggets. At first we propose to publish the shows that had never circulated (later we will study the other recordings).

Of course, we are very grateful to Maidenlane and I also would like to thank nzb for his help (his advice, judgements and expertise have been invaluable to me).

……………………………………….
The UNCIRCULATING Maidenlane Tapes
Volume 16
23rd November 1990
NYC
Lone Star Roadhouse
(2nd show)

23rd November 1990: New York City, Lone Star Roadhouse (2nd show)
Line-up: MT (gtr, voc)/Jon Paris (gtr, voc, harm)/Wesley Nagy (keyb)/Wilbur Bascomb (bass)/Bernard Purdie (dr)

01 - Red House
02 - My Eyes (Keep Me In Trouble)
03 - Can't You Hear Me Knocking
04 - Stop Breaking Down
05 - outro

I declicked the recording, edited the songs and I equilibrated the channels (+15% to the left channel).
The recording was decelerated by -5%.
There was a gap in ‘Red House’ at 1’20 (I added a short fade in/out).

As usual I used a lot the infos taken from The Mick Taylor Complete Works Database by Nico Zentgraf: [www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted in 2023 by StonyRoad on IORR: [iorr.org]

link valid until 11/06/23
[we.tl]
This is the last volume for this series.
It still seems a bit miraculous, after all these years, to find a new Mick Taylor recording every once in a while.
But, there, by offering to share its collection with us, these are 16 new shows that Maidenlane allowed us to discover… and some truly incredible things! (for example the show with Long John Baldry is not to be missed).
It is important to keep alive the memory of such a personality, so special and capable of absolutely sublime flights.
You got it, I 'enjoyed' 'working/playing' with these recordings! But it's not over because Maidenlane has also offered very interesting alternative versions of shows that have already circulated with other sources… So I will soon start publishing them chronologically and you will, I hope, have many good surprises !
Thank you Maidenlane!!!

Norbert
email: stonyroad58@gmail.com

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 16: 23 November 1990 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show
Posted by: gnillor ()
Date: June 4, 2023 10:00

Thank you for all the shows!

Re: POST: Mick TAYLOR: The Uncirculating Maidenlane Tapes Vol 16: 23 November 1990 - NYC (Lone Star Roadhouse) - 2nd show
Posted by: BlueTurns2Grey ()
Date: June 4, 2023 10:13

Thanks to all involved! A great find and a brilliant presentation.

Posted by: maidenlane ()
Date: June 4, 2023 10:33

StonyRoad, you have done an amazing job bringing these to everyone. You and your advisor have shown tremendous commitment to accuracy and sound quality -- while spending an enormous amount of your precious time to bring these to others. Ultimately, the legacy of MT is richer for future generations because of your efforts. Thank you!

maidenlane.world

Posted by: eibert ()
Date: June 4, 2023 10:53

Thanks a lot for these concerts. Very curious to see what’s next thumbs up
Eibert

Posted by: nbutton ()
Date: June 4, 2023 11:49

Thank you for this series and thanks to maidenline for providing the recordings.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: June 4, 2023 12:36

Thanks to you and Maidenlane for this wonderful series!

N

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: June 4, 2023 12:44

Thanks for this series, great shows !

Gr Ray

Posted by: Keessie ()
Date: June 4, 2023 12:44

Thanks for this series, great shows !

Gr Ray

Posted by: Norbert ()
Date: June 4, 2023 15:38

Thanks a lot to all of you, especially to Maidenlane for providing these
marvellous tapes!

Posted by: StoneZP ()
Date: June 4, 2023 17:01

Thank you for this series, StonyRoad + Maidenlane!
thumbs up

Posted by: gaizoku ()
Date: June 5, 2023 01:50

Thank you.

Posted by: smokeydusky ()
Date: June 5, 2023 11:30

Thanks so much for this great series!

Posted by: stonesmuziekfan ()
Date: June 5, 2023 11:54

THX

Posted by: Amarant ()
Date: June 5, 2023 18:13

Thanks very much!!!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 6, 2023 00:17

Many thanks to Maidenlane for sharing generously his recordings and tapes

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 6, 2023 00:25

Thanks a lot Norbert and all involved for this great series!

Posted by: damerefugio ()
Date: June 8, 2023 21:44

Thank you Norbert! Always great with his works.

Posted by: Broesel2404 ()
Date: June 11, 2023 13:05

Thank you very much
smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home